Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2008, 12:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

scorpio or innova?

With the launch of the new mHawk scorpio 2.2, the innova has a worthy competitor. although the mahindra cant match the toyota on overall levels of fit and finish, space and brand value, it offers much better refinement, performance and fuel efficiency. which is your pick of the two?
Old 6th January 2008, 16:19   #2
BHPian

IMHO, the Hawk is little more than an over-priced Scorpio. It only offers 5 BHP more and comes loaded with gizmos, half of which are impractical in India while the rest will malfunction sooner rather than later. Ask me, I know a thing or two about Mahindra electronics. If I had to buy a Scorpio, it would be the regular CRDe variant.

Between the two, the Innova is undoubtedly superior. It beats the Scorpio hollow on each parameter, except for image and 4x4 availability.
Old 6th January 2008, 16:25   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
IMHO, the Hawk is little more than an over-priced Scorpio. It only offers 5 BHP more and comes loaded with gizmos, half of which are impractical in India while the rest will malfunction sooner rather than later. Ask me, I know a thing or two about Mahindra electronics. If I had to buy a Scorpio, it would be the regular CRDe variant.

Between the two, the Innova is undoubtedly superior. It beats the Scorpio hollow on each parameter, except for image and 4x4 availability.
with GTO.Quality vise and comfort vise innova is superior.If you want a rugged look then scorpio is the best option.
Old 6th January 2008, 16:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Innova all the way. I know the technical and quality standards toyota put in their vehicle. I would definately pick up Innova howmuch ever the performance/refinement etc the M&M gives...
Old 6th January 2008, 17:30   #5
BHPian

Innova all the way. I don't like the interiors of a scorpio. There is absolutely nothing great about them. The finish also seems, cheap. If they are charging more than a million, they should have considered upgrading the interiors. Leather should have been by default. One consolidated armrest. The dashboard and intrument cluster should have looked free flowing. The grip on the dash should disappear.
Old 6th January 2008, 19:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

I would pick up the Innova anyday. You cant compare the two, you cant seat 7 people comfortably in the Scorpio, wheras in the Innova you can.

Also Toyota's quality, fit and finish is way ahead of the Mahindra.

Pick the normal version if you want the Scorpio, the regular CRDe varaint or wait till the 2.2 comes in the base versions.
Old 6th January 2008, 19:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

raj_5004 : With the launch of the new mHawk scorpio 2.2, the innova has a worthy competitor. although the mahindra cant match the toyota on overall levels of fit and finish, space and brand value, it offers much better refinement, performance and fuel efficiency. which is your pick of the two?

the scorpio certainly does not offer better refinement than the innova.
performance difference is negligible too... but the point to note is : can the improved performance of the scorpio be harnessed completely.. i highly doubt. How many people will be comfortable pushing the limits of the scorpio given its pitchy handling even after the upgrade.( i tested the m hawk and i dont want to waste a thread on it) For the price of the m hawk mahindra hasnt done anything technically interesting other than a 5 bhp increase and tweaked suspension settings and all the funky gizmo which you could do without. Its another mahindra farce. like they have been doing with the bolero. add a little upgrade every 6 months & call it ALL NEW.
Lastly - efficiency, i do not think the efficiency of the innova and the scorpio are leagues apart to make a difference to a customer who will spend approx 12 lakhs.
So on all counts my vote is for the Innova.
Old 6th January 2008, 20:19   #8
Team-BHP Support

the scorpio just cannot match the innova in terms of refinement, build quality and space. also it isnt much quicker either. half a second or so. dunno about the 2.2, thought my innova is way quicker than the stock innova, the scorpio and safari 2.2s.(0-100)
Old 7th January 2008, 00:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

Innova all the way. mHawk is not worth all that money.
Old 7th January 2008, 09:41   #10
BHPian

The Innova's USP is space. As long as the Scorpio lacks that, there is no point in comparison.
Old 7th January 2008, 09:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

well, i think its true that the scorpio cant compare the innova in terms of space, ride and cabin quality. but its definetely a lot more quicker:
mHawk's 14.7 seconds for 0-100 kmph compared to innova's 17.3 seconds. i went for the mHawk test drive in my innova and believe me guys, the scorpio was actually more silent. handling although not upto innova levels was much much better now. infact, the i have never enjoyed driving the innova the way i enjoyed the mhawk.
so, i think the innova is for passenger comfort and the scorp is for those who love driving and dont care a damn about relabilty or quality.
Old 7th January 2008, 10:19   #12
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest the innova any day
its better build quality the legendary toyota reliability (my qualis ran 5.5lac km and the engine wasn't even touched just the normal service) the innova has the better fe

its not always about the 0 100 figures and the breaking is good

and in case of a accident (which i had recently in my innova) i didn't even feel a thing inside the cabin so i can say is a pretty safe vehicle from personal experience

i have been in this problem 3 times and the innova always wins
Old 7th January 2008, 11:39   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
well, i think its true that the scorpio cant compare the innova in terms of space, ride and cabin quality. but its definetely a lot more quicker:
mHawk's 14.7 seconds for 0-100 kmph compared to innova's 17.3 seconds. i went for the mHawk test drive in my innova and believe me guys, the scorpio was actually more silent. handling although not upto innova levels was much much better now. infact, the i have never enjoyed driving the innova the way i enjoyed the mhawk.
so, i think the innova is for passenger comfort and the scorp is for those who love driving and dont care a damn about relabilty or quality.
thats funny. i think the innova has a more comfortable driving position. but if you want to make the 0-100 time of your innova to 12.3 seconds then get a petes box. makes it a whole lot more fun to drive as well. see my gallery.
Old 7th January 2008, 11:46   #14
Senior - BHPian

hi,

Go for scorpio if u like to drive the vehicle yourself and want a true SUV. Innova must be your vehicle if u need a vehicle for family which is spacious and comfortable.

And if u need 4wd as an option then scorpio is your only option. Mhawk option is to be considered for that extra refinement and extra goddies for a hefty price. Try sticking to SLX version with CRde engine, it will serve most of the purposes.

If city driving is what u do most scorpio is good, highway scorpio is still good but handling of innova is better....

Buy scorpio for yourself, and innova for everybody else!

vinod
Old 7th January 2008, 11:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

hi,

Take scorpio for yourself and Innova for everybody else!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks