Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2008, 12:16   #46
BHPian

Innova Pictures

This picture here shows the dimensions of the Innova as compared to the Sonata Gold (Old Version) like i have stated earlier.
Click on any image below to maximise.

Quote:
Posted by Xehaust
The middle row (Captain Chairs) has a sort of pillow in the middle so you can put the side arms on top and three people can sit here in comfort. Let me know if you want pics to understand what im talking about.
Here are the pics:
The Pillow sort thing im talking about-

Pillow with both armrests-

Pillow with only one armrest-

Only One Armrest, No Pillow-

Only Pillow-

Hope this clarifies everything.
Old 9th February 2008, 00:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Xehaust, thanks for the comparission. Now the Innova doesnot feel all that long in driving
Old 9th February 2008, 13:48   #48
BHPian

Well, it doesnt feel long while driving anyways but we still feel that OH! im driving such a huge car.
Its all about the psychological factor.

Believe me, i was surprised when i realised the Comparison myself.
Even though while driving it is great and feels like a sedan but it always came to mind that oh! im driving a huge car. Now i enjoy driving it all the more.
Hope it makes you feel the same as well
Glad to be of assistance, hehe.
Old 9th February 2008, 19:21   #49
BANNED

Innova on paper is 7/8 seater. But has anybody tried sitting in the 3rd row? At best you can fit in 3 kids. No way an adult can sit there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Pros for a 7 Seater
Captain Seats: Classy
Higher Price
Ergonomics: Armrests
Any reasons for choosing Innova in the first place?
Quote:
Personally, I have a long term perspective on any car that I own and spend a lot of time in choosing one. For all future buyers (including me) - I would like to initiate an analysis for the Toyota Innova.
I was never a fan of 3rd row seat in an MPV which is as big as a car. If 3rd row seats are not used, then there are better sedans at that price and whatmore, you get a boot.

5 people + their luggage can be accomodated in sedan. Just in case you managed to fit 8 people in an Innova, where do you keep all the 8 people's luggage on a long drive?
Quote:
Innova is the true ‘more car per car’ and comes with features like bottle and nick-nack holders and cubby holes , 5+Seating Capacity, 3 row seating, Twin blower AC
There are just my humble concerns .

If a sedan fits the bill then why not ?
Quote:
Now the only thing deterring me from the V series is that it crosses the million barrier and I would be tempted to increase my budget to 15 lacs if I cross that, just as I did not opt for Honda City as it crosses the 8 lacs barrier.
Old 9th February 2008, 19:49   #50
BHPian

Hey Diablo,
have already mentioned that 3rd row cannot fit more than 2 ppl and that too bot for a long drive. Other than that its great and also, you have mentioned a car with a boot.
Well, the innova has a hugeee boot if the 3rd row seats are folded and a sedan would be cramped, but the innova is very comfortable to sit in sofa type seats and you can fit as much luggage of a Skoda or even more.
Old 9th February 2008, 20:34   #51
Senior - BHPian

Regarding comparing Innova with Sedans my feelings after I studied on many cars including Innova.

Innova is best choice

1. If owner has fulltime driver.
2. If owner drives himself its good vehicle to drive over Sedans because of high seating make visibility at its best except few blind spot pillars. But once you are used to it say 500km drive its very easy to drive in city or highway.
3. Innova and Safari have maximum leg/shoulder room in 1st and 2rd row seats, Regarding 3rd row seats yes I agree not much space when 2nd row seats pushed fully back but even for tall guy (6+ feet) no need to push 2nd row back if someone is going to occupy 3rd row seats. I carry 7 people in my 8 seator Innova. This is how we sit.
Front seats: Driver and tall guy.
2nd row seats: 3 Tall people + 3 years old kid (Few kids get travel sickness in 3rd row I experienced)
3rd row seats: 2 medium to short people.

4. Innova has better ride comfort than Sedan.

5. If 3rd row seats not used, folding will create big boot space.

Innova wins over Sedan for sure! Very much practical vehicle.

However choice is subjective

Innova's Boot has more space than all Hatchbacks. I easily fit 2 medium (20inch X 40inch X 18inch) bags and 2 small (12inch X 20inch X 18inch) bags. If we have more luggage load them to carrier at the top. Carrier gives better looks for Innova.

If there are only 2 people in 2nd row seat = kid its very comfortable.

One can travel at least 10 hours in this way in Innova.

Compared to other vehicles Innova has better 3rd row seats. Thats what I can see.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 9th February 2008, 20:38   #52
Team-BHP Support

I am surprised no one commented about the amazingly short turning radius of the Innova. My Getz takes more space to make a U-turn than the Innova. This could be psychological, but can the owners comment?
Old 9th February 2008, 20:51   #53
BANNED

For Innova its 5.4 and for Getz it is 5. Thats the problem with Getz. Bigger sedans like NHC & Cedia are at 4.9, which is definitely easier than Innova.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I am surprised no one commented about the amazingly short turning radius of the Innova. My Getz takes more space to make a U-turn than the Innova. This could be psychological, but can the owners comment?
Old 9th February 2008, 20:58   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Innova on paper is 7/8 seater. But has anybody tried sitting in the 3rd row? At best you can fit in 3 kids. No way an adult can sit there.
Weird, I sat in the 3rd row of an innova 7 seater for more than 4 hours with my uncle. Both of us are 6ft in height and we weren't the least bit uncomfy there. There was sufficient legroom. Ofcourse in the 8 seater it is not as comfy. The advantage in the 8 seater for the 3rd row is you can get out easier by just flipping teh second row forward. Incase of the 7 seater you have to wriggle out in the gap in between the 2nd row and then slip out.
Old 9th February 2008, 21:22   #55
BANNED

Let me measure the leg space in the 2nd & 3rd rows. People here have complained of discomfort in 2nd row, can't imagine how it will be in the 3rd row .
BTW, space in Innova is better than in Scorpio and people are happy in Scorpios too.
Old 9th February 2008, 21:23   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Here are the pics:
The Pillow sort thing im talking about-

Pillow with both armrests-

Pillow with only one armrest-

Only One Armrest, No Pillow-

Only Pillow-

Hope this clarifies everything.
Does this centre cushion pillow come as OE now on the V variant? Interesting.
Old 9th February 2008, 22:18   #57
BHPian

The turning cycle of the innova is pretty neat. Its only a little more than normal sedans, like i said, its sonata sized, so it takes almost the same type of radius while turning.

Like i have said umpteen times before, the 2nd row is like first class and the 3rd row, you can fit 2 medium sized adults for a medium to long drive. Also, what is mentioned earlier is true. Kids tend to get carsick if put in the last row for long periods.
Final point is, 3rd row is good enough for medium journeys. For long journeys, people at the back will need to get out to streych every few hours.

Finally, vid6639, i dont know if its standard. I bought my Innova (V Series) a year ago or more. I got the cushion with it buy i dont know if its standard as i got a few accesories as part of the deal.
Old 9th February 2008, 22:43   #58
Senior - BHPian

I do agree turning radius in Innova is 5.4 mtrs. and its not as easy as NHC/Santro but its not with big difference compared to Getz/Swift and few sedans.

About 7 seator Innova we can fold 2nd row seats as well they are not fixed but usually people who sit in captain chairs (2nd row) won't get up so people from 3rd row passes through that gap and many times since there is gap between captain seats in 2nd row people don't think about folding captain seats.

I found 8 seator is comfortable because it gives best support for your body with extra width/length. however its subjective!

2nd row max leg room (90+cm) is same as Safari and 3rd row max. leg room (85cm) I can see is 14 inch gap between 2nd and 3rd row seat. But because of low seating position of 3rd row sometimes tall adults feel uncomfortable in long drive which is similar to few Sedans like Verna and also Getz. Although there is enough leg room, few tall people like me hate low seating.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 9th February 2008 at 22:49.
Old 10th February 2008, 00:38   #59
BHPian

Hey B Tirthankar, this one is for you..
Here Goes,

Choose DIESEL if:
- Better FE (This goes hand in hand with next point)
- Distance covered is large. (Like in your case it is 16K per year)
- More Torque (City Driving is good fun)
- Good Performance + Can be Petes Box Tuned if you want more performance.

Personally, i have a diesel and am very very happy with it. The performance and city driving is a breeze (Completely Stock).

Only advantage PETROL has for you is that if you idle you car (Car remains parked for a few weeks or so) for long periods of time, a petrol is more suited.

Now, here are the myths demistified:
VIBRATION
Personally, i hardly feel any vibration and the only reason i feel its a diesel while driving is because i know it is a diesel
Refinement is also very good. You see, most people have this perception of Diesel engines but this perception changed with the Skoda Octavia. In todays date, diesels are highly advanced and bridging the gap with petrol engines very fast. Innova is a good example.

REV-FRIENDLY
You had asked about its rev friendliness. Well, its pretty rev happy and climbs the tacho with ease and pretty fast too.

SERVICE CYCLE
Yes, service cycles should be done every 5000 kms but then again, even a petrol needs service every 10000. Also, services take like a day max. if done regularly.
Recently, ive heard of Toyota Service Centres with Express Service wherein they do the needful in a span of 2-3 hrs and have a seperate area for you to sit in comfort and watch

Servicing costs i dont know much as my father gets the servicing and payment done but i dont hear him complaining so i guess its pretty decent.

STYLING
Like you said, you want the car to look good after 10 yrs also.
Well, all i can say is that i think the Innova is very well styled and should hold itself well for many years to come. Hey, after the warranty is over, you can mod the exteriors and it looks wicked. I have seen some nicely done ones and they look gorgeous.

RIMS
As pointed out before in the thread, tyre & rim dealers will give you a way better deal than the Toyota showroom dealers. The 15 inchers on the innova should fetch a good 15,000/- or more in my opinion (ONLY FOR THE RIMS & the rubber is seperate).
Else, you can always sell the rims to Ravibhat for 12,000/- like he has mentioned
Keep the rubber as they are pretty good and put them on the new rims you buy.

COLOUR
Dont know much about the colours offered across the variants.
I have a Blue one. Here is a picture:

CONCLUSION
Finally, after reading this post and thread, i still suggest that you take a test drive of both, petrol & diesel and only then decide as each person has different tastes.

Variants wise, go for the one which you feel is a better deal. If not satisfied with the variants on offer, ask the dealer the best price he can do for the variant of your choice. Else, choose another car. After all, its your hard earned money your spending so whats the use if you buy something that TBHPians suggest and are not happy yourself.

P.S. Have already posted pics of the centre cushion pillow and lenght comparison to Sonata Gold.
Old 10th February 2008, 14:03   #60
Senior - BHPian

I agree with vid, the 3rd row is quite comfy and 6 footers can sit there. Also it depends how you have arranged the seating, if the driver seat is pushed back to the max, then the middle seat will be pushed back further and then the last row passengers wont get much leg room.

Nice post Xehaust, but i cant see your car pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks