Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2008, 16:51   #16
rippergeo

innova! innova! innova!

Innova, is brilliant, its better than costlier competitors. performance can be fixed with the tuning box, see akshay1234's thread for details.

if its just highways and dirt trails, there is nothing like the innova. ofcourse, mud and rock hopping will be out of the question, but you dont want an off roader, you seem to want a family car.

innova is the best.

Old 5th February 2008, 16:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
innova or as steroid said the tata winger is also a good choice for long drives.the winer has loads of space and the top end comes with twin a/c pwer all etc.its a traveller competitor eventhough its not as big as the traveller.i hope you would be comfortable in either of the two.
ram
IMO Tata Winger is more suitable for commercial operations and/or if the requirement is for around 9 people. I saw one on the road the other day and it is hard to image how one can transition from driving a car to driving a tata winger.
Old 5th February 2008, 16:54   #18
BHPian

i think innova will fit your requirement and budget.
Old 5th February 2008, 16:59   #19
BHPian

For 5 people Innova can't be beat for comfort. Even the ride quality is very good. However it can be a handful in the city and day to day driving.

Is Vitara below 15 lakhs? That could be a far second option, but its probably expensive to run on long drives and not as comfortable for 5 as Innova. But perhaps better from a drivers point of view.
Old 5th February 2008, 17:01   #20
BHPian

Yours requirement seem more of a people mover rather than an SUV; Innova could be your best bet, its got ample space, put an overhead carrier and it can comfortably carry your luggage...
Old 5th February 2008, 17:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

your requirements scream INNOVA, but an SUV, it aint.

so first be clear whether you need an SUV or a MUV. IF you really want an SUV-you plan to go off road or places where there is no road at all, or want teh macho looks of an SUV- then your only choice is the Safari or Scorp. HOWEVER, there is one more option. go to your local ford dealer and check if they have any stock of the earlier Endeavour. there are still a couple of "old" endys with dealers in Hyd and they are available at a huge discount.

this should squeeze into your 15L budget, if you are OK with the endy. (loads of space but middle row seating uncomfortalbe compared ot the Safari)
Old 5th February 2008, 17:22   #22
Team-BHP Support

If comfort is a priority than its the Safari which can seat 5 in comfort.
If 7 seater is a must then go for innova.
Old 5th February 2008, 18:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Go like what everyone has to say for the innova diesel. Its worth it and really comfortable. Also its a 7 seater and also has good seats which makes rear seats comfy.
Look at the tavera also.
Old 30th May 2008, 02:09   #24
BHPian

if u r an off roader than go for safari 4x4 if not than innova

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (any1 = anyone, dat = that, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th May 2008 at 03:04. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 30th May 2008, 11:22   #25
BANNED

Guys, I appologize if my question doen't make sense. Can't an SUV be and MUV?
Old 30th May 2008, 11:24   #26
Team-BHP Support

Well can't a sedan be a hatch?
SUV and MUV are totally different animals. You can have butch looking 2WD and 4WD SUVs, and more van type vehicles are MUVs.
Sumo was a MUV, but the grande can pass for a SUV due to its modern design.

There is a very thin line between the two, but in case of Innova, by no means its a SUV, its a MUV in all sense.
Old 30th May 2008, 11:50   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Well can't a sedan be a hatch?
SUV and MUV are totally different animals. You can have butch looking 2WD and 4WD SUVs, and more van type vehicles are MUVs.
Sumo was a MUV, but the grande can pass for a SUV due to its modern design.

There is a very thin line between the two, but in case of Innova, by no means its a SUV, its a MUV in all sense.
I agree to your point that there is a very thin line between SUV and MUV. It makes much sense to me.
But I don't agree with your comparision - Sedan to a Hatch. :-) With closed eyes one can touch, feel and say that they aren't the same. :-)
Old 31st May 2008, 01:01   #28
BANNED

Benny,

MUV's cant be SUV's.

Similarly Oranges cant be eaten as Apples.

Please choose wisely as you want a family car for 7, and Innova fits the bill better.

Safari is a genuine 5 + 2 kids seater, and has a hell lot of character in it.
Old 31st May 2008, 08:43   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrangan View Post
Why not the safari with re-working the rear seats to face front like the Innova ?
The side facing rear seat is one reason why Safari for the most part can be considered only as five seater. I think three is definitely potential for an after market front facing removable third row seating for the Safari Range.
Old 31st May 2008, 12:55   #30
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The side facing rear seat is one reason why Safari for the most part can be considered only as five seater. I think three is definitely potential for an after market front facing removable third row seating for the Safari Range.
True, and tatas should consider providing safari in 7 seat and 8 seat configs. Even in its current configuration, it needs wider rear seats with arm rests to allow a kid to be seated comfortably and secured.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks