Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2005, 11:09   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
I was also looking for a sturdy Body with anti locking brakes
I pondered and bought a high end Fusion+.
Natarajan, did you buy the Fusion+ with ABS option? What did it cost on road?
Old 6th April 2005, 11:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
you have earlier mentioned the corolla , why are you buying a innova instead ?
didn't quite get the move from a saloon to an muv !

read this
Quote:
And we do need more space than a sedan offers, what with two children, and occasionally a driver
hope ur doubt is cleared.
Old 6th April 2005, 11:42   #18
BHPian

yes, I bought the Fusion+ with ABS. the total cost inclusive of tax, registration/insurance came to 780,000 INR
Old 6th April 2005, 12:55   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Rheman,

Firstly - Welcome to the Team-BHP! Interesting intro thread.

Fantastic choice with the Innova (since you specified that you need more room than a sedan can offer). I have been on an extended stint in the Innova and trust me - The auto magazines are only speaking the truth in their praises. I have yet to see another Indian car that offers to much versatility within 10 lac rupees.

I am going to go against the trend and advice you the diesel:

1. The CRDi Innova costs only about 60,000 more than comparative petrol versions. Thats not as much a premium as other car makers such as Hyundai charge for their Common rail engines.

2. Diesel engines are within the character of utility vehicles, and are an advantage on highway stints. Fully laden, your Innova will need torque more than bhp.

3. Whatever the magazines may quote, I dont believe that the Innova petrol will deliver 10 kpl within the city - Its against the law of physics! Like I mentioned earlier, the price premium in the case of Toyotas diesel Innova is far less than others. Petrol Cars from this segment will find very few buyers in the pre-owned market. The resale alone will make up for the differential.

GTO
Old 6th April 2005, 14:20   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
yes, I bought the Fusion+ with ABS. the total cost inclusive of tax, registration/insurance came to 780,000 INR
thats a steal for ABS, THE BASE IS AROUND 7.2
Old 7th April 2005, 10:39   #21
BHPian

Abs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
thats a steal for ABS, THE BASE IS AROUND 7.2
Okie.
all my haggling with teh dealer had worked.
feel pretty good about Fusion+
Driving it daily for about 35Kms.
lemme see
no regrets at all
Old 7th April 2005, 11:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

LOL... it seems the person who started this thread has forgotten his id and password... not a word from him so far!
Old 7th April 2005, 20:10   #23

Thank you guys

First of all, thanks to all of you for responding to my queries regarding the Innova. Why i haven't responded till now is because I'm not allowed to reply in that section. Believe me i tried umpteen times, to no avail, us lowly newbie's are not allowed to reply in the 'What car' section.You guys need to do something to correct that.

Thanks for all the advice. But the conflicting views did serve to get us all muddled up.

To reply to a few points brought up, when talking about the resale value, I meant 5 years down the line, and someone did mention that the petrol version wiill definitely not get us as much as the diesel. The price of fuel was not such a major consideration since our usage is not going to be that much. But do you think the performance of both is comparable? I did read the review by Revvmaster and know he didn't give it too many points, but we have got to be a bit practical while making our choice. Even I did not find it too difficult to drive even though I haven't driven all that much, and only small cars till date.

As far as maintenance is concerned the agency chap said that the service schedule is the same for both diesel and petrol. But everyone else keeps on saying diesel vehicles are costlier to maintain.

The Fusion is out 'cause my husband didn't like it, the Honda is out 'cause with two kids,and sometimes a driver and my MIL, we need more space.

So not much choice left, Innova diesel is what we'll go for.Will keep you posted on what we get finally. There's a two month waiting list here and we have ample time to keep on changing our mind!!!

P.S would love to go for the Honda CRV, but it's a bit more than we intend to spend.Loved it's looks which is more than I can say about the Innova.
And many thanks to all of you again.I don't know much about cars, but you have a great place here, welcoming and makes one want to know more.

Last edited by rheman : 7th April 2005 at 20:14.
Old 8th April 2005, 11:15   #24
BHPian

but make sure your Husband likes it.
I am curious what does he like By the way?
Old 8th April 2005, 14:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

let me begin by telling you that diesel vehicles aren't that much costlier to maintain, contrary to what you've heard-at least not the new generation common rails/DIs anyway.

secondly, like i've mentioned before, the diesel would be the ideal choice, as it's more easy to drive under loaded (stop and go or highway driving) conditions; like GTO said, torque is of prime importance when it comes to UVs-SUVs, MUVs and MPVs, all alike.

and also, you will not notice the difference in performance, unless you're pushing the car on expressways above 140 km/h, which i don't think you'll be doing; also, you mentioned somewhere that you'll be occassionally driven around by a driver, so the diesel will be better off for your use anyways.

and rj, i'm sure you'll agree with me that the petrol injectors are more prone to clogging and damage than diesel injectors, as impure petrol has more additives which results in gummy deposits, unlike adulterated diesel which contain particulates, that can be trapped by the filters. even in pure form, petrol has more viscosity than diesel, which is why fuel pumps in petrol cars don't use any other means of lubrication other than the fuel itself.

and also, F.E of the diesel will be greater-it helps in the long run, in case of a MPV.
it would be a different case altogether if this was a sedan we were talking about, but in case of an MPV, diesel always makes more sense; whereas, in case of a sedan, all boils down to the monthly usage, and economy, with the emphasis on performance, utility, and comfort coming in as a sidebar..

and rheman, if you are considering the cr-v, go for the tucson instead, as it's just as stylish, almost as practical, and has an all-important diesel engine, which the cr-v doesn't have even as an option. also, the tucson has the service back-up of hyundai, so 'nuff said!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks