Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2009, 16:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Please update us on your TD experience as well as the final choice you made ! As most of them have mentioned, if usage is mainly in city and highways, go in for the Captiva, else the Endeavour, my two cents !
Old 27th April 2009, 16:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

If you arent going offroad... stick to Captiva.
Old 27th April 2009, 16:58   #18
BHPian

Arent you not considering the Tucson?
Old 27th April 2009, 20:31   #19
BHPian

Went in, had high hopes from Captiva, i checked it out and knew instantly that this would be the car i would be driving next week, asked for the TD, they told me that it would take 30 mins. To pass time and keep my dad happy, i went to the Fords showroom nearby and checked out the endeavor, i wasnt really impressed by the interiors of the endeavor even though the interior was way better from the model i own. Having no expectations at all, i asked for the TD, and in just a matter of minutes i was TDing the 3.0. To be fair , i was speechless!! I personally felt a HUGE difference between the endeavor i own and the 3.0, i drove it as rashly as i possibly could have.

All of a sudden i became confused, when i went in, i was sure that Captiva would be the car that i would purchase, and the only reason i went in to TD the endeavor in the first place was because of my dad, he likes it. Anyways, as soon as i was done with the TD, i knew for sure that it would take alot now for me to chose Captiva over endeavor. I went back to the Captiva showroom, TDed the car and as i expected it was a BIG letdown. The turbo lag was imense which was not present in the 3.0 endeavor atleast.

After TDing both the cars, i was confused, the heart wanted to go with 3.0 endeavor whereas the mind was telling me to go with Captiva. Confused as i was, i decided to check out the endeavor once again, but this time while i was walking into the showroom i looked at the endeavor differently, all of a sudden i had gained respect for the car. It didnt take me much then, i called up my dad and told him endeavor 3.0 it would be, will be going in tommorow to book the car. White in colour, and will be getting the delivery within this week.

PS - Will be selling off the endeavor i currently own.

Last edited by d3adlythegame : 27th April 2009 at 20:33.
Old 27th April 2009, 20:41   #20
BHPian

Whew!!! That was quick. Good choice, congrats on the purchase.
Old 27th April 2009, 21:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3adlythegame View Post

After TDing both the cars, i was confused, the heart wanted to go with 3.0 endeavor whereas the mind was telling me to go with Captiva. Confused as i was, i decided to check out the endeavor once again, but this time while i was walking into the showroom i looked at the endeavor differently, all of a sudden i had gained respect for the car. It didnt take me much then, i called up my dad and told him endeavor 3.0 it would be, will be going in tommorow to book the car. White in colour, and will be getting the delivery within this week.
The heart makes you to go with its decision whatever it is.

Good selection and you will enjoy it
Old 27th April 2009, 22:54   #22

I too went through the same situation....
But trust me, its my personal experience, u are going to appreciate your decision every time u step in your endy.

Congratulations...
Old 27th April 2009, 23:44   #23
BHPian

Congrats Dude..enjoy Your Drive In The Tall Handsome Muscular Endy
Old 27th April 2009, 23:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Nice choice. I was going to scream just get the Endeavor after looking at the title of the tread.

Nice choice of color as well. White Endeavors with full black tints look really sophisticated and mean at the same time. Hope you get what I mean.
Old 28th April 2009, 11:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Endy has complaints of uncomfortable middle row where people are not comfortable as they get thrown around.

Captiva is nice but has a noticeable turbo lag but after that its excellent. White captiva is a nice choice which i feel.

Why not check the GV too?
Old 28th April 2009, 11:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Endy has complaints of uncomfortable middle row where people are not comfortable as they get thrown around.

Captiva is nice but has a noticeable turbo lag but after that its excellent. White captiva is a nice choice which i feel.

Why not check the GV too?
Maddy he is booking the Endy today and is taking the delivery next week, he is already owning a Endy in his garage.
Old 28th April 2009, 11:52   #27
BHPian

For the sheer feeling of running over everything, I would prefer a black endy. any day.
Old 28th April 2009, 12:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase !
Old 28th April 2009, 13:08   #29
Senior - BHPian

Well gowda79 i did read that. Just gave a suggestion:-)
Old 28th April 2009, 15:30   #30
BHPian

Congrats.

Quick and good decision.

Waiting for the booking procedure experiences, waiting periods and than of course pics & detailed review.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks