Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 23:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Owner feedback requested - Tata Safari 2.2 DICOR VTT and M&M Scorpio mHawk

Guys,

I am planning to pick up one of these two shortly and would need some help here.

There was a thread started sometime in 2007 when both these vehicles were just launched and most of the comparisons were based on a few months of ownership. Now with a couple of years of ownership and probably 30-40K kms on the odo, owners of both these beasts, each capable in its own manner, would have a richer and much more valuable feedback to share which would help prospective buyers like me to make a more informed decision.

I request you to please refrain from any mud-slinging. We all know that each automobile has its own unique traits and should be respected for what it is. The idea behind initiating this thread is to solicit feedback from owners ONLY on their likes and dislikes about their prized possession. I would appreciate it if Scorpio owners do not share their views on the Safari and vice versa.

I have test driven both the vehicles but would hold back on sharing my feedback till I have heard it from the horses' mouths.

Regards,
Rahul
Old 14th October 2009, 09:53   #2
BHPian

Things are about to get very interesting , its threads like these that make the moderators earn their keep (oh they dont get no keep!) hehe, anyway let the games begin. No more wise cracks from me since I aint an owner ... yet. Waiting to read what you experienced though cool_dube.
Old 14th October 2009, 09:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Rahul, I hope that you've gone through the Ownership threads? There are quite a few of these on the forum, both for the Safari & the Scorpio.

This kind of a thread will eventually lead to a slugfest - imho
Old 14th October 2009, 09:56   #4
BANNED

Hi Buddy,

Check out these links for your required feedback.

There are 100+ Safari's on the Forum, Big PLUS being the availability of 4X4, and great road presence, and the most Comfortable Cruiser. Minus being the last row of useless seats.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...re-please.html

There are almost 60 Scorpios on the forum, Good new refreshing looks , Peppy engine, but sad part is no 4X4 option, and suspension still rocks like a boat.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...their-suv.html

And about Horse and its Mouth My Safari Dicor has been behaving like a good boy since last 3.5 yrs, though it says 22105 kms on the ODO

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 14th October 2009 at 10:10.
Old 14th October 2009, 10:04   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Scorpio has a good 2.2 Hawk engine. decent middle row in the refresh version. Still does tend to sway from side to side when you go over potholes and speed breakers -hard braking induces a certain amount of nose-diving. 4x4 is certainly there in the new refresh but one has to book and wait for the same.

good vehicle - budget SUV under 10 -12 lacs - in my opinion it is certainly a "best buy" candidate.

do please read through the thread links that Pavan has posted - there are loads of reviews and lots of information but you will have to patiently sift through the information to benefit your decision making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Hi Buddy,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...re-please.html

There are almost 60 Scorpios on the forum, Good new refreshing looks , Peppy engine, but sad part is no 4X4 option, and suspension still rocks like a boat.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...their-suv.html

Last edited by shankar.balan : 14th October 2009 at 10:05.
Old 14th October 2009, 10:06   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I have test driven both the vehicles but would hold back on sharing my feedback till I have heard it from the horses' mouths.
Ok, here's something this horse has to neigh, i mean, say, hehe.

Having owned an LX variant of the 2.2VTT for 1.6+ years now, can say for sure that it won't give you any problems if you probably drive around sedately, meaning engine revving not beyond 1800rpm or so (other Safari owners, please hold your laughter if you feel this is unjust for a Safari). Atleast that's what i do. I haven't faced any issues so long, apart from a blown engine temperature sensor replaced under warranty. Fuel consumption has been steady and uniform so long, and you'll be more than satisfied with the averages returned, atleast for a vehicle this size.

Since you have test driven both, am quite sure you would have made up your mind on one of these.

If it requires you to use it as a daily drive on tightly packed roads with sharp corners, then the Safari might be a bit of a pain. Else, i see nothing that holds you from having one in your parking lot, hehe. Just my thoughts.
Old 14th October 2009, 10:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

This topics has already been discussed in other threads, Please use search to see all such threads.

Thread Closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks