Old 5th November 2009, 22:19   #1

One year old Tata Safari VX 2.2

I am getting an offer for one year old Safari 2.2 VX 4X2 Black run only for 10K, this is available from someone who is selling in my company.

please guide me for the right purchase price?

-MUKE
Old 5th November 2009, 22:52   #2

Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
I am getting an offer for one year old Safari 2.2 VX 4X2 Black run only for 10K, this is available from someone who is selling in my company.

please guide me for the right purchase price?

-MUKE

My friend sold his 2008 model 2.2 Safari EX for 6.4L after using it for 10 months and about 15000 kms.the car had accessories worth more than 1L (Pioneer DVD,Headrest screens and roof mounted screen,amp,subwoofer,leather seats,front sunfilm and mag wheel)

Since this is the VX version you can quote 7.5-8 L range.

Last edited by stable rock : 5th November 2009 at 22:56.
Old 5th November 2009, 23:40   #3

just got an update that the owner is quoting 8.25 lacs, it has JBL audio worth 25K however. i am yet to see the vehicle however owner is claiming that it is driven only for 10K and there are only small scratches on it.

i have no idea about other accesories, meanwhile how much is new safari onroad price for VTT VX 4X2 in bangalor after discounts?

what would be the best price to pick this?

-MUKE
Old 6th November 2009, 01:01   #4

Before quoting any price, I would suggest checking out New Cars, Used Cars, Buy Cars, Sell Cars, New Car Prices, Used Car Prices - CarWale.com for the approx price for the car in Bangalore. Safari has one of the highest depreciation in its class

But 8.25L is a little bit on the higher side. Also since teh VX comes with factory fitted Pioneer system with DVD screens, I haven't heard many people changing the ICE.

And lastly, before committing anything I would suggest checking out the service history
Old 6th November 2009, 08:48   #5

+1 to that,check the service history and the usage pattern of the owner before you commit to a price. In case it is a distress sale you can get a good deal.
Old 6th November 2009, 13:07   #6

Get the vehicle checked at any authorized centers. They should reveal the price as well.
Ask the reason behind selling the vehicle within a short span.

See if you can post some pics. Our Bhpians are hawk-eyed, should be of additional help to you.
Old 6th November 2009, 13:16   #7

Yes!! VX Model comes with Company fitted ICE. Why would anyone change unless it is of high end. Check the Service History - that's the best way to judge. Even if you're getting at a throw away price, the service history is a must.
Old 6th November 2009, 13:28   #8

Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
See if you can post some pics. Our Bhpians are hawk-eyed, should be of additional help to you.
Classic understatement - TBHPians are blessed with enhanced X-Ray vision (EXRV) they can look at a picture and tell exactly what is wrong inside.

Long live TBHPians.

Old 6th November 2009, 14:17   #9

One correction, it is not ICE which is changed but the owner has added amp to it.

the beast has clean interiors and just checked the service history, he has done only one free service so far and 2nd service is due , iam wondering what is the duration for second service to be done? This beast has not gone for servicing even after 12 months but it completed only 11K on odo.

what is the default warranty provided by Tata?
Old 6th November 2009, 14:23   #10

muke, if i were you i would try to pick a new "Safari" rather then a used one for about 8+.
Old 6th November 2009, 14:25   #11

2 yrs base wty for the Safari. Distance validity should be 75k.
Check with the dealers if they can give extended wty for this at this time. There's also a gold package for Safari's
Old 6th November 2009, 14:54   #12

Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
muke, if i were you i would try to pick a new "Safari" rather then a used one for about 8+.
New Safari VX would be 12 Lakh plus in Bangalore. He is almost saving 4 lakh+ in if he gets the deal. I do not see any problem buying second hand provided he satisfy himself first. That too Safari only run 10K kms ( If actual). 10K would not be considered more mileage.

mike, If you want try to get the deal in more satisfactory way. Ask him to reduce price etc.
Old 6th November 2009, 16:03   #13

This vehicle was taken on lease by this owner from my IT company and he left the company now, he says he is shifting abroad.
i could have gone for new vehicle but i need ABS and i am not willing to spend 12k, this vehicle is under my company name and lease will be transferred to me.

When i aksed him about any issues, he said it had AC issue due to blown fuse and some ratling noise in middle seat latch.
Assuming all is fine with this vehicle what is the reasonable price to pick this?

-MUKE
Old 6th November 2009, 16:22   #14

2 yrs base wty for the Safari. Distance validity should be 75k.
Check with the dealers if they can give extended wty for this at this time. There's also a gold package for Safari's
IIRC the standard warranty is only 18 months but the extended warranty is 2.5 years. Also extended warranty can be purchased upto 400 days from the date of purchase. Only thing is the price goes up the later you purchase. This is the info that I had gleaned from TASC while looking for a used Safari Purchase
Old 11th November 2009, 18:12   #15

Muke - You're getting more than 30% Discount on the New Vehicle.If you're satisfied with the history and the condition of the Vehicle, then what for you're waiting for - Take the plunge!!!!

The Offer is excellant, I checked out with some dealers. The reason for getting a lower quote is that people avoid used SUV's, since they think they are used for what they are meant for.

I've seen many Safari Owners, who have never ventured into off roading. Some people buy it just for its GC.

Last edited by jaaz : 11th November 2009 at 18:14.