Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 12:03   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Puffdamgcdragon - Did you book your Innova VX ? Please share your dealer experience.
No, I just booked it yesterday. I asked for it to be delivered on End April. Reasons are in the "I booked my car thread". Am very excited.
Old 6th April 2010, 13:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
No, I just booked it yesterday. I asked for it to be delivered on End April. Reasons are in the "I booked my car thread". Am very excited.
Congrats. I took delivery of my new 8 str mica grey top end version last month on gudi padwa day. ( My @ss of a driver banged it on another innova in front last week ,coz the 3rd @ss innova driver braked suddenly)

If you havent finalised your insurance ( dont take it from the dealer coz they are atleast 20 g's expensive) check out icici lombard.
They have the lowest premium possible. If I recollect, I paid 28 G's with all possible add-on, on the ex showroom price of 12,20,000.

As for the accident , sorry for the venting, but had to mention it to feel good.
Fortunately, my driver was warned that any accidents on any of our cars,he would pay the non-insurance portion + the loss in no claim bonus.
Old 6th April 2010, 18:12   #18
BHPian

Thanks Ritesh.

My Dealer just called to inquire if i wanted a BS4 Innova. Apparently it's got an Intercooler and a Turbocharger. He says it'll be a bit more expensive but didn't have full details and also didn't know if it would be more powerful. Going through the net, it seems that the output will now be 109bhp as opposed to the earlier 102 bhp.

What do u think, Team? Should i go in for the BS4 version? (Not strictly required in my small town) I'm thinking improved performance and better resale value after 5-6 years also hopefully a litttle different interiors and exteriors to distinguish it from the BS3 version.

Any Info and advices

Puffy
Old 13th May 2010, 00:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
After a lot of thinking and pondering and reading up (Mostly Team-bhp), with a heavy heart I finally gave up on the Safari and decided to purchase an Innova Vx 8 seater in Silver.

4) The Innova doesn't come with USB slot or anything else to play my i-pod. I read in some other thread that one can buy the I-pod interface and hook it up with the OE sound system. What is this Interface? Where can I buy one and how much? Will it work properly? What other options do i have?

Being somewhat of a music buff, I'm keen to have a good system in the car. Yet I want to retain the OE Head Unit, if possible coz it works with the steering remote. Do I need to upgrade the speakers and put in components and tweeters in the front? What about an amplifier and Basstube, cables etc? What is a decent set-up for a limited amount of funds, say 10-15 grands?
Puffy
You can get yourself an XCarLink ipod interface that is a 4x4 inch unit that plugs into the cd changer port at the back of the HU. The other end plugs into the ipod either digitally or by normal 3.5 mm stereo. This costs about Rs 3500. For an extra 800-900 Rs you can even get an optional XCarlink bluetooth extension that would pair your bluetooth headphone and "play" calls through the HU and all of this in digital quality. One of the distributors of this is Haneet Anand (email hihaneet@hotmail.com, phone +91-9990450210). He is pretty good in terms of phone support too.

If you dont want to have someone open up the dash you can get a decent FM transmitter unit. I can recommend the SoundFly unit available at Shop in the US from India @ 20North - Millions of products, Thousands of brands - they will ship it to your home. But this is expensive - and many people in the forum may not agree with the FM solution. It does leave a minor hum when playing tracks from Ipod. It also has BT for pairing your phone.

On your other questions regarding mods - my view is to leave well enough alone.
I understand you are to drive this in the mountains- but I can say that I have gone over pretty rough terrain @ 3500 m in the Himachal with the Innova and no problems whatsoever. Yes I am conscious of GC - and therefore take it easy on rough mountain roads - but I find the stock GC to be quite adequate in most driving situations there.
Old 13th May 2010, 13:34   #20
BHPian

Thank U so much for ur detailed reply, Joy. Really appreciate it. Right now my new vehicle buy is postponed for a month or so.

Am also considering a used Pajero. If I can't find a decent example at Delhi for 13-14 lakh, i'll revert back to buying the Innova Vx.

Ur post has been very helpful, all the same. Best Regards..

Note from Mod : Since queries have been sufficiently addressed, this thread is closed

Last edited by GTO : 14th May 2010 at 10:27. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks