Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2010, 07:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

With a budget of 8 lakhs, you could try to get a used Innova in good condition. The ride is comfortable, even in the 3rd row. This is from my ride experience on both the Scorpio and the Innova.
Old 25th January 2010, 09:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Yes. This is an excellent suggestion. I second it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
With a budget of 8 lakhs, you could try to get a used Innova in good condition. The ride is comfortable, even in the 3rd row. This is from my ride experience on both the Scorpio and the Innova.
Old 25th January 2010, 10:40   #18
BHPian

^^ The problem there would be that for under 8 lakhs, the only used Innovas you will get will either be old (2005/06 models) or high-mileage (80-100k km) or both! I don't know whether that'd be an issue for you.
Old 25th January 2010, 11:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The ride is comfortable, even in the 3rd row. This is from my ride experience on both the Scorpio and the Innova.
Are you sure about that? I think the 3rd row comfort is the best in the Xylo.
Old 25th January 2010, 11:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Are you sure about that? I think the 3rd row comfort is the best in the Xylo.
Is this in terms of legroom or ride quality, or both?
Old 25th January 2010, 12:10   #21
BANNED

In my opinion it is possible to get a good used Innova with a budget of 8 lacs pretty easily. You need not worry too much about the model year as you intend to keep it for a long time. Just look at the ownership history, the kms logged and the vehicle and pick one up.
It should satisfy your requirements to a T.
Old 25th January 2010, 12:32   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
In my opinion it is possible to get a good used Innova with a budget of 8 lacs pretty easily. You need not worry too much about the model year as you intend to keep it for a long time. Just look at the ownership history, the kms logged and the vehicle and pick one up.
Is there a Toyota Certified Pre Owned car outlet like the Maruti True Value in NCR?
Looking at the responses, I am also considering the Petrol Innova with an aftermarket CNG kit as a gud option. Will that fit in my budget with discounts on the Petrol version since the petrol version is not a fast mover in the market.
Old 25th January 2010, 13:18   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapss View Post
Is there a Toyota Certified Pre Owned car outlet like the Maruti True Value in NCR?
I do not stay in NCR and hence am not the right person to answer this. But I would strongly recommend against the installation of a CNG kit on a petrol Innova. You will lose the luxury and the charm of the vehicle while driving. You may try LPG if you feel the need for the same.
Toyota in Bangalore doesn't have any certified pre-owned outlets but dealers usually have a counter/person/outlet dealing in pre-owned cars. You can contact them. Another good way is to ask mechanics/supervisors as owners consult them before selling their cars. You could also browse sites like carwale.com etc for more cars that are on sale.

All in all, I would recommend a single owner less than 40k kms run, 2006-07 model, ASC serviced car.
Old 25th January 2010, 13:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this in terms of legroom or ride quality, or both?
Legroom and thigh support. The ride quality is not bad either. The theater style seating makes for a good view to the front too. However, the front head rests are annoying and block your view.
Old 26th January 2010, 18:12   #25
BHPian

Xylo is a good buy in that budget. Has almost all the features as Innova at a lower price tag. Very comfortable too.
Old 27th January 2010, 20:05   #26
BHPian

Hey kapps,

I am not particularly for the 2nd hand Innova option unless Toyota offers a 2nd hand solution.

If you want to save money then the Xylo D2 offers a good option as well, its a really stripped down version of the Xylo and on initial inspection isn't as good as the E6 or the E4 as a lot of the nicer options are missing. Its very bare and very basic but considerably cheaper as well.

There is little difference between the E4 and the D2 but the E6 is definitely better than the the other 2. So If you are looking at owning the car for a while it would be a good option to
1. Go for a new car and
2. Spend all the 8 with other creature comforts.

If not then well you have more options.

The E8 in the Delhi NCR will cost around 9 if your willing to go 1L above your budget and it comes with ABS and Airbags.

You should be able to get ways to improve your breaking somewhere on this forum. If I find something I will PM you.
Old 29th January 2010, 11:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianchiefrsd View Post
The E8 in the Delhi NCR will cost around 9 if your willing to go 1L above your budget and it comes
The exshowroom for the ABS+AirBags version is 8.5 in Delhi. So the onroad price would be close to 9.3 - 9.4. Not impossible to stretch to but a little uncomfortable. But I have put a request for the test drive of the E8 with ABS. No communication from Mahindra too apart from an email saying some dealer would be notified of my request.
I read in one of the posts that a Grande with ABS was caught testing in Pune. Any idea if a new version with ABS is in the pipeline?
Old 29th January 2010, 11:44   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapss View Post
I read in one of the posts that a Grande with ABS was caught testing in Pune. Any idea if a new version with ABS is in the pipeline?
Though I should not comment on your personal choices, I feel the Grande is just too past its hey days and looks weird to say the least and horrid to say what I feel like saying
Old 29th January 2010, 13:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I too have a similar problem as kapps. My dad had an Innova which unfortunately suffered an accident a weeks back. Now, whatever the outcome of the insurance negotiations (getting it repaired or claim for total loss), he wants to change the vehicle.

His requirements are
1. Daily 100 km (up & down) commute to our estate on virtually non-existant roads for about 60% of the journey. Right now, he is using our old Tata Sumo (1998 model).
2. Frequent highways trips (usually the roads are good)
3. Local city driving

The Innova we had, was coping up well with the usage stated above. The dilemma now is "which car to go for?"

My dad has a couple of plans.
1. Buy a sedan for city & highway use and use the old Tata Sumo for estate use (which we were planning to dispose off, before the accident). Alternatively, dispose the Sumo & get a second hand Bolero.
2. Buy a new Sumo Grande Mk II or the Xylo or stretch the budget a little, go back to the Innova and dispose the sumo (the budget is dependent on how much we get from insurance)

I approve of the 2nd plan, but with a few changes. I personally hate the Sumo Grande MK II. I would still use the old Sumo instead of buying the new grande. But, his argument is that it handles the estate roads much better than the other two i.e. Xylo & Innova (it is true also)

Plan 1 is also good, but it will turn out to be expensive, I guess.

My personal favourite would be the Innova and am pressing hard for him to go for it. I don't like the looks of the Xylo.

What would you people suggest we should do? Are there any more options?

EDIT: Would a Safari be a practical option??

Last edited by addyhemmige : 29th January 2010 at 13:46. Reason: Added question
Old 29th January 2010, 17:30   #30
BHPian

addyhemmige

IMHO, why not Bolero for estate use? and doubling up to the other tasks.

Safari and Scorp will do all three jobs listed, but wont be as rugged as Bolero.

Safari (again my personal opinion before this becomes WW-III) is little less "reliable" than Scorp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks