Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2010, 23:47   #31

Kapps

I had a similar budget as u and after a lot of contemplating decided on the xylo E6(seven seater). got the delivery on 5th feb and i must say it was a great decision. Got free insurance and free extended warranty and after loading it up with alloys, wide tires, double din stereo and component speakers cost me 8.40. As for the last row seating it is the best in class. It has done 4100kms till now, took it on a punjab trip and the comfort is just unbeatable.
If you need any assistance regarding this i'll be happy to help.

Harry.
Old 8th March 2010, 10:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
addyhemmige

IMHO, why not Bolero for estate use? and doubling up to the other tasks.

Safari and Scorp will do all three jobs listed, but wont be as rugged as Bolero.

Safari (again my personal opinion before this becomes WW-III) is little less "reliable" than Scorp.
Now, we still haven't decided on what car yet. My dad is leaning towards getting the Linea (which again, I don't like) and buying my uncle's Qualis for estate use. We will dispose of the Sumo. So, no question of buying any MUV/SUV now
Old 11th March 2010, 17:38   #33
BHPian

My thought is everyday comfort is most important. A good offroader with decent looks vs the two separately. By that standard, the Safari (even 4x4 if the estate roads get bad during the rains) is probably the best way to go.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:27   #34
BHPian

Anyday prefer XYLO over any TATA car.
Now XYLO comes with Airbag and ABS. And no one beat the space it offered in this price range.

if your budget is not a constraints then INNOVA is the best choice.

if you have a limitted budget then XYLO comes after Innova. There are many XYLO ownership thread available.

After all you are buying a car for your family. i suggest you that you should consider the safety first.

XYLO topend model is the best (Feature rich and Safety feature) car with limited budget. If the budget is not limited then you may opt for INNOVA V model.

No idea if TATA GRANDE is offering the ABS and AIRBAG.
Old 14th March 2010, 17:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Go in for a Xylo as a first bet.
Grande is next. It is a Tata so quality would be below Xylo
Tavera is low on maintenance but absolutely zero resale value. Very low on maintenance
Innova If you can really stretch that much
Old 31st March 2010, 17:55   #36
BHPian

If your budget is 8 Lacs,you can go with Xylo E4/E6.I will always prefer Xylo over Grande.
Also,you can search for 2nd Hand Innova G4 Model,you may get lucky,(for 2007 model 6.5-7 Lacs is right price).

I had similar requirements in Aug 2009 and started with budget of 7-8 Lacs.I thought of New Xylo,3 year old Innova(70 k on Odo),however finally could not resist temptation of buying Innova GX model for 10.7 on road.I am extremely happy with my decision because of 3 year/1 Lac Kms warranty.

However with your budget,Xylo is also very good option as I stated earlier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks