Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 15:48   #16
BHPian

Thule has bicycle racks for all types of vehicles. I have a 3 bike rack for hatchback/mpv/suv, and frequently swap between the innova & crv. Keeps the interiors of the vehicle clean as well.

the grand vitara shud also be considered for ur requirements.

do u have a budget for ur purchase?
Old 7th April 2010, 15:48   #17
BHPian

I am shortly posting my ownership thread for Outlander 2010 (non facelift). The worst average that I got (tank full to tankfull, same pump method and not onboard computed) is 8.9 kmpl, my commute was through choked kalindikunj to CR park in dense traffic and one trip to Excel's service station at faridabad road (again bumper to bumper).

On my last refill (mostly expressway and one trip to Noida sector-18) I got 9.5 kmpl. I am yet to refuel but I am expecting a similar figure.

But I agree with sknair that if you are constantly in bumper-to-bumper 5kmph traffic than expect 5-7 kmpl. Dont forget that this is a SUV with 2.4 liter engine.
Old 7th April 2010, 16:54   #18
BHPian

congrats Rishi.
Since the engine is same in both versions, FE should be same. also there is no significant weight difference.
Old 7th April 2010, 19:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
congrats Rishi.
Since the engine is same in both versions, FE should be same. also there is no significant weight difference.
I agree.

Somehow I am able to extract good FE from my vehicles I enjoyed my Lancer Invecs ownership where I consistantly got over 9.5 from my car. Similar story with my Cedia, Petra and Palio.
Old 9th April 2010, 10:58   #20
BHPian

How is your general trafic conditions, whats the normal city driving range (distance).
Old 9th April 2010, 14:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
How is your general trafic conditions, whats the normal city driving range (distance).
On my daily commute, I drive 23 each way on a expressway, I manage to see 10.5 to 11.2 on MID as instant average driving at 100 kmph using cruise control 85% of distance.

The above mentioned figures (8.9) were when I did 2 rounds from my office to CR park and Excel motor's service center on Faridabad road.

I am sure on my normal commute I should get 9/9.5 overall.
Old 9th April 2010, 17:14   #22
BHPian

This is good average Rishi, I have a very short driving cycle (with heavy trafic) to my office; thats primary cause of reduced FE. I will start checking my week end city driving...
Old 9th March 2012, 22:48   #23

Re: Outlander, Captiva or wait for Pajero Sports?

Hi,

I have an outlander for the past 1 + year. I am quite happy with that and I get good mileage. I get 8 +/- in the city (Bangalore Traffic) and it gives similar or more milage than my I20 (1.4 Lt Petrol automatic).

Many may not believe me that I20 automatic gives same or less mileage than outlander. But I own both and my first hand experience.

Rgds
Ravi
Old 11th March 2012, 01:02   #24
BHPian

Re: Outlander, Captiva or wait for Pajero Sports?

Funny. 2 years after the OP asked if he should wait for the Pajero Sport, the pajero sport actually arrives.

Hindustan Motors is a disgrace.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks