Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2011, 14:31   #16
BANNED

Re: Tata Aria vs Mitsu Pajero vs Toyota Fortuner vs Nissan X-trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairanupg View Post
Something weird in Mumbai.
Fortuner 8 months waiting
The Fortuner is available, at least at Bangalore within two months.
Old 30th January 2011, 15:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairanupg View Post
Something weird in Mumbai. Have been looking around for an SUV for the last fortnight and here is what i have
Fortuner 8 months waiting
Etios 9 months waiting
Innova 3 months waiting

is it the general state of affairs or the guys at the dealership dnt like me
In Vadodara, its 10 months for fortuner, Innova 4 months waiting and Etios has an astonishing 18 months waiting - yes 1 and half year without any confirmation of getting it sooner.
Old 31st January 2011, 11:54   #18
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The figures for the fortuner are very odd, and also for the Etios - What is 18 months? this reminds me to the days of booking a bajaj scooter on a 2 year wait.

The fortuner is now reported to be available within the month on a bit of a push pls check elsewhere.
Old 7th February 2011, 12:17   #19
BHPian

Hi All!!

Sorry for i was not able to post any updates here. There have been a few recent developments here:

1. Took another TD of Aria from a different showroom but again the NVH levels were quite high so ARIA is now finally ruled out.

2. On the behest of my father went to a Mahindra showroom to check out Scorpio VLX AT but they don't keep it in stock and it is indented only against a order , so was not able to Test Drive it. But when me, wifey and dad sat in the VLX MT, the first thing that stuck us was the cheap inferior quality of plastic (no offences to any scorp owner, these are just my feelings and i don't intend to start a debate here please). If you are paying 14 Lacs for the VLX AT and this is the kind of equipment level that you are getting, then i am for sure not plonking my money on it.

3. Then we went to the Cheverolet Showroom and checked out Captiva and Cruze both AT. Captiva-Amazing power delivery, however i could feel a few jerks during the gear changes (probabaly because of the Test Vehicle). Equipment level and everything else about this Softroader is amazing. Cruze - Pocket mein rocket ki chaabi , It pulls like a locomotive from the word go, equipment level is amazing, the only downside is the Ground Clearance which i feel is a little too less for the Indian Roads.

We finally sat down with the Sales guy to discuss prices and various other things heart says Captiva but the 22 L OTR is a little too high so might settle down for Cruze only. Now the debate is on at home between Cruze and Captiva.

So in all probability it will be none of the cars listed in the thread title

Will keep you guys updated about the final result... keep watching this space...

Cheers..
Old 7th February 2011, 12:41   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
3. Then we went to the Cheverolet Showroom and checked out Captiva and Cruze both AT. Captiva-Amazing power delivery, however i could feel a few jerks during the gear changes (probabaly because of the Test Vehicle). Equipment level and everything else about this Softroader is amazing. Cruze - Pocket mein rocket ki chaabi , It pulls like a locomotive from the word go, equipment level is amazing, the only downside is the Ground Clearance which i feel is a little too less for the Indian Roads.

We finally sat down with the Sales guy to discuss prices and various other things heart says Captiva but the 22 L OTR is a little too high so might settle down for Cruze only. Now the debate is on at home between Cruze and Captiva.
Sensible choice I must say. If I were you, I d go for the Cruze. Its new, its fast and looks good.
Old 7th February 2011, 13:33   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All!!

Sorry for i was not able to post any updates here. There have been a few recent developments here:
|
|

Will keep you guys updated about the final result... keep watching this space...

Cheers..
Hi there. The Cruze is an excellent choice for an AT vehicle. The only downside and I am mentioning it since I am 6'2" myself, is that the back seat is not at all comfortable for tall people. Honestly, I cant put my head up straight until I slouch and it gets tiring within minutes. Consider this if the back seat needs to accommodate tall people. Otherwise, its a great choice.
Old 7th February 2011, 15:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Sensible choice I must say. If I were you, I d go for the Cruze. Its new, its fast and looks good.
Thanks Dev, even i am considering Cruze over Captiva, the only thing is that i travel a lot in entire North India by road and the only downside of cruze is the GC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
Hi there. The Cruze is an excellent choice for an AT vehicle. The only downside and I am mentioning it since I am 6'2" myself, is that the back seat is not at all comfortable for tall people. Honestly, I cant put my head up straight until I slouch and it gets tiring within minutes. Consider this if the back seat needs to accommodate tall people. Otherwise, its a great choice.
Thanks for the advice buddy! I am the tallest in my family and i too am 6'2" and i won't be sitting on the back seat as i am the designated driver for the family .

Anyways will keep this in mind.

Cheers...
Old 7th February 2011, 15:54   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Dev, even i am considering Cruze over Captiva, the only thing is that i travel a lot in entire North India by road and the only downside of cruze is the GC.
Well yes, the GC is lower than that of the Captiva but then, it should handle all roads with moderate load. In fact, a TBHPian mobike008 from Hyderabad has just Cruzed all over India successfully. You could take a look at his travelogue and decide.
Old 7th February 2011, 21:09   #24
BHPian

Sorry Folks, the decision has been postponed till next Financial Year...

Request the mods to please lock this thread..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks