Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2011, 11:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CRV 2.4 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
STOP, buy the X1 diesel instead or wait for the new CKD CRV due with a price drop in diesel.

This is hard earned money going down the..

Any idea when this may be launched, have been hearing about it for a long long time.

Cheers
Old 13th February 2011, 12:03   #17
BHPian

Well dear few websites claim crv diesal getting launched by mid of this year, dealerships says next year which is obivious answer.
Old 13th February 2011, 12:17   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
Well dear few websites claim crv diesal getting launched by mid of this year, dealerships says next year which is obivious answer.
Well, the diesel CRV rumours are in the air for more than an year now. I am not sure if Honda is serious about a diesel engine for India.
With the budget you have, I will say X1 or a X-Trail will be a good bet for you.

Last edited by vb-saan : 13th February 2011 at 12:18. Reason: typo
Old 14th February 2011, 17:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's not only about the logo but the X1 is also sharper to drive, has better Interiors and comes with an awesome Diesel option. The BMW Dealers here are quoting delivery dates after Sep'11 for X1 CE 20d booked now :(
The X1 is better in each and every parameter that we can name other than space and size. I just said it as a final argument to rest the case.
Old 14th February 2011, 19:43   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The CR-V is terribly (and I mean TERRIBLY) over-priced. It's simply not worth it. If you are looking for a soft-roader that is as competitive, easy to drive and with excellent road manners, take a spin in the X-Trail. Save for the very quirky looks, it really left an impression on me. Another option is the Yeti. Best part is, either is a diesel (unlike the petrol CR-V).

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I don't know why people are so biased against ATs in this country, truly at a loss. Paddle shifts or even tiptronic beats any MT hollow.
Have driven the best of ATs, including the 8-speed BMW and DSG EVO X. Nope, give me a slick shifting manual + clutch any which day. Reasons already listed in other threads dedicated to the topic.
Old 15th February 2011, 11:14   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The CR-V is terribly (and I mean TERRIBLY) over-priced. It's simply not worth it.
Yes and the service is also terribly expensive. As the kms gathers, becomes more and more expensive. Last week we did 75k kms service and the bill was 25 grand. Please note that apart from rear brake pads no major part was replaced.

Add to this they have reported that we need to change one of the front CV shaft assembly since the boot is cut! All the 4 shocks are shot at 75k kms, on a vehicle which has done 90% of running inside BLR roads and that too better arterial roads! Honda does not sell boot for Crv, so one has to order the complete unit for around 30 grand! Cost of boot in US 8$ then again Honda workshop declined to do the fitment.

So now we have to source the part and get it fitted from an independent garage.
Old 15th February 2011, 18:31   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Jaggu, no CBU will be cheap to own. Not the CRV nor the X-Trail. If cost of ownership matters, better to buy the Fortuner. The first 1.5 years of services seem to be priced in the Innova range!!

And while on the dampers, my C220's fronts were shot at 40K odd kms. Go figure.
Old 15th February 2011, 19:08   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Have driven the best of ATs, including the 8-speed BMW and DSG EVO X. Nope, give me a slick shifting manual + clutch any which day. Reasons already listed in other threads dedicated to the topic.
Wow- I wanna drive those! Yeah a manual is a manual, which is why I still find myself sneaking the Swift out on make-believe errands after dinner

Back on-topic, the CR-V is such a great looker that people tend to overlook its other faults. This friend of mine has one and last time he told me it gives him 5-6 kmpl on average "but that's ok". HUH??!!
Old 16th February 2011, 01:36   #24
BHPian

somehow i didnt find sporty look like CRV so far, rest points i agree with BHPians. I liked outlander also but again its petrol and automatic !!! BMW X1 not yet tested....getting confused day by day :-)
Old 5th April 2011, 16:30   #25
BHPian

mates saw this website announcement and listing on car dekho

Honda CR-V in India - Honda CR-V Price, Honda CR-V Reviews | CarDekho.com

they claim its getting launched in june at the price of 25 Lakh.

Not sure how much its true.
Old 5th April 2011, 16:55   #26
BHPian

How come the Santa-Fe hasnt been brought into the list of options till now? Surely, if pricing is not a constraint, then it beats and matched everything including the X1 in many aspects.
Old 5th April 2011, 17:12   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
somehow i didnt find sporty look like CRV so far, rest points i agree with BHPians. I liked outlander also but again its petrol and automatic !!! BMW X1 not yet tested....getting confused day by day :-)
Outlander is fantastic to drive with those paddle shifts, and very comfortable as well, feels almost like a car to drive, a good car with poor marketing clubbed with the fact that HM is associated, however if you manage to crack a good deal with the Outlander, then you should get one, if resale is not a big concern for you.
Old 5th April 2011, 17:46   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Outlander is fantastic to drive with those paddle shifts, and very comfortable as well, feels almost like a car to drive, a good car with poor marketing clubbed with the fact that HM is associated, however if you manage to crack a good deal with the Outlander, then you should get one, if resale is not a big concern for you.
I agree to you :-) only my concern is FE which is close to 5-6 KMPL in city traffic and automatic transmission, i would love to have manual transmission vehicle. Wish outlander was manual.
Old 6th April 2011, 11:51   #29
BHPian

I consistently get 8+ on my Outlander which does an average of 50 kms each day primarily between Gurgaon and Delhi (city driving on MG Road and not on the expressway).

And again, one always has an option of driving in sports mode or using paddle shifts if one intends to have control over gear shifts and override the automatic transmission.
Old 6th April 2011, 18:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

If you do not want the size and like petrols, get Grand Vitara else if size matter the Outlander. In diesel area the best buy is the Fortuner followed by Yeti.

If you drive mostly alone or with max two passengers Grand Vitara is the best buy, and you may get it within a month as a new lot is imported every month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks