Team-BHP - Udupi/Manipal BHPian Meet goes wild!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Team-BHP Meet Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/)
-   -   Udupi/Manipal BHPian Meet goes wild! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/102041-udupi-manipal-bhpian-meet-goes-wild.html)

Awright, awright, I guess it is time we had a proper Udupi meet.

I'll organize a Team-BHP meet at Udupi/Manipal on June 5th 2011, that is next Sunday. Members who can make it please respond. The exact location will be decided based on the participation.

List of attendees so far
-------------------------------------------------
Member-------------------------Food Preference
-------------------------------------------------
Samurai----------------------------non-veg------
Sashas + 1-------------------------non-veg------
Slicvic--------------------------------veg---------
docanurag--------------------------non-veg------
carfreak----------------------------non-veg-------
Deep Blue--------------------------non-veg------

Count me in. I'd prefer if it were anytime after 2.00PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slicvic (Post 2370552)
Count me in. I'd prefer if it were anytime after 2.00PM

Cool, we can kickoff the meet with a long lunch, so 2PM should be fine. We can disperse by evening 5PM.

It is a long drive for Mangalore members, but try to come if possible. Last time only one Udupi member (me) made it to the Mangalore meet. Attendees also let me know the food preference.

Awaiting confirmation from other local members like carfreak, docanurag, Deep Blue, etc. I don't know who else is around. Lot of ex-Manipal guys too use Manipal as their location.

My food preference = Veg.

Sent docanurag an sms about the meet. Waiting for his reply.
I think carfeak has shifted out of manipal.

Now that the thread has been moved here, could you post a invite in the Mangalore and Udupi Chapter thread. So that people subscribed to that thread will know about the meet.

All the best Samurai for the first official meet at Udupi/Manipal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slicvic (Post 2371074)
I think carfeak has shifted out of manipal.

Not too far, considering his wife is tethered to KMC for now.:) He is in Udupi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slicvic (Post 2371074)
Now that the thread has been moved here, could you post a invite in the Mangalore and Udupi Chapter thread. So that people subscribed to that thread will know about the meet.

Done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 2371109)

Oh didn't know that. i just got out the tethering myself last year.

Quote:

Done.

Thanks, didn't want to do that myself and hijack your efforts.

Count me in. Will try to get a few more people along.

My preference: Non Veg

Quote:

Originally Posted by docanurag (Post 2371472)
Count me in. Will try to get a few more people along.

Great, Udupi/Manipal area has many BHPians, but most of us have never met. :)

Super. You might want to treat them to that "Fried/Burnt" icecream we had at the Chinese dinner the last time, without the martial arts demo.

Quote:

Actually i moved to Mangalore now-just when a t-bhp meet in Manipal is being planned!:Frustrati

i have a conference in Manipal which will get over only by 3 or so.will shifting the timing to tea-time be alright?what do others attending feel?

i think deepblue will be interested.i will ask him to go through the thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 2371734)
Super. You might want to treat them to that "Fried/Burnt" icecream we had at the Chinese dinner the last time

They are not as good as before. Even the menu has changed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carfreak (Post 2371796)
Actually i moved to Mangalore now-just when a t-bhp meet in Manipal is being planned!:Frustrati

Wow, when did this happen?

Quote:

i have a conference in Manipal which will get over only by 3 or so.will shifting the timing to tea-time be alright?what do others attending feel?

Just tea will make it a very light affair. I was hoping for lunch plus tea kind of affair. It will be a late lunch, say starting around 2.30PM, so you won't miss much. We will munch appetizers until you come. Either that or we have to make it a dinner meet. Then it will be too late for Mangalore members, if they are planning to join.

Quote:

Good, I have never met him before.

I sent text msgs to all the mlore members yesterday but noone has replied as yet.

Hope to make it to the meet on sunday. Will confirm by thursday.

My food preference = Non-Veg.

Cheers!

P.S. It would be great if you and Sachin could show us some otr stuff! Do try adding that to the plan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carfreak

Just got the text from carfreak. I will make it to the meet. Food preference is non veg. I know one very quiet member from the dental college. Shall ask him if he is interested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Blue (Post 2372964)
Just got the text from carfreak. I will make it to the meet. Food preference is non veg. I know one very quiet member from the dental college. Shall ask him if he is interested.

Great, do call your silent BHPian friend. The doctors are already in the majority in the list.:D