Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2011, 14:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Dombivli Meet On Saturday 8 Oct 2011 ?

I found there are quite a few BHP-ians from Dombivli or thereabouts. And so I am posting here to find out more such BHPians and also to see if a Dombivli meet can be arranged.

The agenda would be breakfast/lunch and meeting each other and getting introduced. Spouses/partners too are welcome. Venue could be somewhere out of the town, either MIDC or on the highway where parking should not be an issue.

Tentative date this Saturday, i.e. 8th Oct 2011.
Old 5th October 2011, 20:01   #2
BANNED

Re: Dombivli Meet On Saturday 8 Oct 2011 ?

hi
since i am mumbai until 12 or 15 oct i dont mind join in
regards
narry
Old 6th October 2011, 11:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hmm... You are welcome, of course, provided there are a few more members joining the meet. Say a count of four wouldn't be bad ;-)
Old 29th December 2011, 11:13   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Hmm... You are welcome, of course, provided there are a few more members joining the meet. Say a count of four wouldn't be bad ;-)
Did it happen? I am from kalyan and thought none BHPians around. Would be glad to meet the members from area. Count me IN and let me know.
Old 29th December 2011, 11:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

I am tied up on this week/month/year end, so the next closest I can think of is the first weekend of Jan. Anyone interested?
Old 29th December 2011, 11:39   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I am tied up on this week/month/year end, so the next closest I can think of is the first weekend of Jan. Anyone interested?
Any Sundays or any evening will work for me. So count me in.
Old 30th December 2011, 12:38   #7
MX6
Senior - BHPian

What's with Dombivli meet? Make it a full fledged eat/ meet at LoP or Chokhi Dhani? Where are all the usual suspects?
Iqbal Veerji - Are you back?
Khoj - When are you here?
Parimal - I've forgotten the fragrance boss.
Gostel, SDP, f1fan, HVK, Kicking and Screaming guy, And any other Mumbaikar, Thanekar, Dombivlikar, Kalyankar, Vashikar etc, please be ready to herald in the new year with a gastronomic experience.
Old 30th December 2011, 12:52   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
What's with Dombivli meet? Make it a full fledged eat/ meet at LoP or Chokhi Dhani? Where are all the usual suspects?
Iqbal Veerji - Are you back?
Khoj - When are you here?
Parimal - I've forgotten the fragrance boss.
Gostel, SDP, f1fan, HVK, Kicking and Screaming guy, And any other Mumbaikar, Thanekar, Dombivlikar, Kalyankar, Vashikar etc, please be ready to herald in the new year with a gastronomic experience.
Didnt knew this thread exists untill I hit it couple of days back. Even was shocked to see the BKC meet which I somehow missed. Didnt get any message too from known BHPians.
Ya lets have a New Year meet on first or the second weekend of Jan. LOP is now OP (Oye Punjabi). Chokhi Dani, Kalyan food is awesomely tasteless and a shame to Rajasthani taste.

So when re we having a OP meet...? or anyother joint sggested would be great.
Old 30th December 2011, 14:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

This weekend as well as second weekend of Jan are out of question for me. Any other Saturdays should be ok.

I was trying to contact members in and around Dombivli and found there are quite a few (4-5), and that's when I thought of hosting a meet for the Dombivli-kars. This is because it's not always possible for someone from Dombivli to drive into town and attend a meet. Sadly there were not many takers for the same.

I visited Chokhi Dhani last Sunday and found the food to be good enough. But then I don't exactly know how traditional Rajasthani food tastes. One must also keep in mind that they will have to think of the masses too. Overall it was a good experience. Also the parking space is huge, so it could be an ideal meeting spot. Too bad I shall have to drive through Kalyan, which is an absolute mess as far as traffic is concerned.
Old 30th December 2011, 15:55   #10
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Calling out anyone for meets at this time of the year makes the called look like an idiot. Hardly 1 or 2 respond. And that too in negative! Most of them are vacationing someplace (mostly Goa I guess).

So let's hope to have a big lunch/ dinner meet sometime in Oye Punjab. OP had some great food and parking is never an issue there too. We need people like Khoj to kickstart the proceedings. Poor MX6 is not a crowd puller anyway.

Let's tentatively target 14th or 21st of Jan 2012.
Old 24th July 2020, 14:04   #11
BHPian

Let's revive this meet? Anybody of you still in Dombivli and nearby areas?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks