Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2006, 21:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Note From Mod - The original thread was split so that the thread with 13pages of planning this meet was seperate from the meet report.

Finally, the big meet finally got through after all the planning. Was really good to see many TBHP members who are active and drive all the way from different parts to meet everyone else.

Me, JK and pyrokrypt started off from TVM at arnd 9am with Himanshu, who sadly couldn't make it due to some personal reasons. So anyway, we headed to Cochin and was joined by Carfreak at Alappuza and together reached Cochin at 1pm to be joined by Steeroid, MalluDude n CaliforniaKnight. So the time we finished introducing ourselves, Naaim, Shuhaib and HK in their not-so-ordinary Swift showd up and Kphilip also got there by the same time. So then again after chatting for a while and checkin out the JK' JBLfyed Santro and the 'Vroom' from Shuhaib's Swift's K&N intake system went to get a few drinks with some special drinks by Steeroid . KB100 and Quicksilver were a bit late cuz they had a flat tyre on their way, but made it just in time for the drinks. Then after cartalking for a while quickly went to have lunch cuz it wz 2pm already and the test drive cars would show up any minute.

After the lunch, headed out to see a White Lancer Cedia (Elegence) and a Optra Royale waiting to get 'Tested by TBHP'. Not everyone got to drive all the cars but anyway I did drive Shuhaib's Swift and was totally bowled over. 120kmph in 2nd gear!!! Great car bro, the vrrommm is just awesome...

After this it was already past 5pm and time for me, JK n Pyrokrypt to leave to start the boring journey back to TVM. BUt it turned out to be fun actually playing catchup with a Merc C Class, an Accent CRDi, an Accent VIVA and a Police Jeep
The others did go boating i suppose...more on that from Steeroid.

Pix will be put up by JK, Naaim and others....
And guys, we should do this more often and get this team goin!!! And to eveyone who couldn't make it, make damn sure u do the next time cuz u won't regret it ever

Members n their rides..
Steeroid - Tata Safari DICOR
JK - JBLfyed Santro
Carfreak - Accent CRDi
MalluDude - Accent
KB100 - Accent CRDi
Shuhaib - 'Vroom' Swift
California Knight - Esteem
Kphilip - Pulsar 180 with K&N

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th March 2006 at 00:27.
Old 18th March 2006, 22:28   #2
BHPian

Yup the meet sure was fun and I did enjoy meeting everyone for the first time and since It was the first meet of mine it was special too.
But I did learn a lesson, not be on time for the meets ..I reached the venue by 12.07 and then waited and waited and waited...finally to meet Mallu dude, who ended up asking "Waiting for some one"!! Yup I replied TEAM-BHPians ..meanwhile the DIcor passed and I was sure Steeroid is also in..
Was still chatting with Malludude when Karthick247, JKdas and pyrokrypt
Camealong with the JBLfy Santro…
Next came the roaring Black swift with Shuhaib, Naaim, and HK..meanwhile carfreak also joined along in his Accent CRDI so did Kphilip with his K&N pulsar.
Had a quick chat and we were inside the Sunrise Lounge reserved for the
BHPians…a bottle of champagne n snacks, when KB100 and Quicksilver joined the gang and we headed to the JBLfy santro, Checked the soundsystem..had a quick lunch and headed straight fro the T drives.
I thought it couldn’t get better than flooring the pedal to metal on a sparkling new CEDIA, but I was wrong the K&N equipped SWIFT just blew me away , Man what
Roar and that this little hatch was pulling ahead in any gear… loved that car…
Finally I did show Naaim my Knight rider scanner lights on my 10 year old esteem.
Suddenly did we all realized it was time to windup the meet… shook hands, and off
We go seeking another meet very soon….

P.S:-
1) Naaim thanks for the Knight rider ringtone.
2) Shuhaib thanks for the Swift TD.
3) lastly, guys I have the feeling you missed the ICE in my car..
Old 18th March 2006, 22:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight
3) lastly, guys I have the feeling you missed the ICE in my car..
Damn..sorry abt that. We were just too bzy with the testdrives, drinks, lunch n had little or no time at all. Next time we meet..u make sure u show us what ur ride is . I did notice the RPM meter with the shiftlight tho'
karthik247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2006, 22:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Left to Right..
Shuhaib, HK, Me, Pyrokrypt behind me, Steeroid peeping, Kphilip, MalluDude,Carfreak, CaliforniaKnight and Naaim

Everyone be nice cuz i've got the booze!

Special room for a special Team

Naaim eagerly waiting for a sip at that champagne

Aaah!! FINALLY

JK's JBLfyed Santro, California Knights Esteem aka Night Rider, MalluDude's Accent, Shuhaib's awesome Swift, KB100's n Carfreaks Accent's...not the Lancer Cedia n Optra in the background

Carfreak..freakin out!! "Momma *** is that thing??!!"

The car that made my day, and the car of the day perhaps

Last edited by karthik247 : 18th March 2006 at 23:06.
Old 18th March 2006, 22:48   #5
BHPian

Some photos from the day: -

uhh, whats up doc??

here we go around....

slurp slurp slurp...

everybody's tryin' to JBLfy..

the setup...

K&N SWIFT

couple of photos more to join.....
Old 18th March 2006, 22:58   #6
BHPian

The Lancer CEDIA testdriver car:

QUICKSILVER gunning the SWIFT...

Last edited by Aditya : 19th March 2006 at 09:14.
Old 18th March 2006, 23:30   #7

Kerala Meet

Guys, guys, guys, it was soo good to be present for the TBHP Meet today. If i was not there it wud hav been a gr8 miss...the only problem was the all alone drive from Calicut to Cochin and the way bak was ok coz I got used to it.

Steeroid's son had too many doubts for which I think only few he got the answers he is cool. JK & his Santro JBL, man that was really cool. CaliforniaKnight's "night rider" lights was somthing eye catchy and thanx for posting pics, if you have more please do post. We are all still waiting for others to post the pics. I gues JK has some...Hope we will have more meets soon
Old 18th March 2006, 23:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

Superb meet yaar. Superb. It was fun. Great fun. Never expected taht we could make it a 10 plus tbhpian meet. This should be among the best meet tbhp had. Guys driving frm Coimbatore, Trivandrum, Calicut, Thrisssur jsut for the meet ! Bravo.

Thanks guys for making it! Steer,many thanks for arranging food and suites! and of course for the Champangee! lol! what till Naaim post that pic of yours!

And lol; Duboy! He was fun. He was a quiz master. Phew! ...By the way, wher is his dad? oh yah ! he is with KB100 and Quicksilver and rest boating in vallam or velllam!

Loved KB100's comments ...! lol! the rain one was good!

And Karthik, you forgot to mention about the Tata Indica chase I did some 504 kms today and got 17.3kmpl ! Never expected this as I was above 90-100kmph most of the time and even did 150kmph. Not to forget the chase with various Crdis and a police jeep! JBLfyed Santro is cool re!

Naaim noooo noooo

Naaim didnt touch it, I swear! The guy on right end, yah yah the one with golden specs! He drank all those!

Meet Duboy, the quiz master! Kphilips's knowledge abt cars need update; says Duboy

Guys frm Mitsubishi, and Steeroid and Pyrocrypt

JBLfy Santro, KnightRider's Esteem!, Mallu's crdi, k&n Swift!, more crdi's! and at far right teh test cars! Cedia and OPtra

Quicksilver and CaliforniaKnight

karthi247:My car My car!

Last edited by jkdas : 18th March 2006 at 23:59.
Old 18th March 2006, 23:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Shuhaib....how long did it take to get back?? Did u shift form 2nd ever

Oh yea Duboy...thats one cool fella. MalluDude n Kphilip were running away from him after what he said when he knew that they got a M800

EDIT in post #202
4th pic..white shirt - KB100
6th pic..Guys from Chevy. They didn't let us push the car which was sad..

Last edited by karthik247 : 18th March 2006 at 23:52.
Old 18th March 2006, 23:58   #10
BHPian

I missed it....
I was all set to come 4 de meet but was forced to be in garage- Chicken pox..
Missed the fun

Waiting eagerly for the next meet.

Sree
Old 19th March 2006, 01:05   #11

hey guys...the meet was awsome and like i never thought i was going to be this fun, like karthik said we should do this more often....oh!! man shuhaib's swift is one heck of a ride...even though i never reached 120, 100kmph on the 2nd gear was way too much for me...and the sound, beautiful,brakes..awsome....Just open the hood and you can see a son of a gun just glaring at you...the K&N filter...with this thing under the hood it doesnt rolls rather flyes.(not going into the technical details as i am not good at it.)....overall i would say Swift with K&N Rocks like Hell...wonder why such a beauty does not have much media coverage and reviews...
kb100 and steeroid was the fun centre in the meet...
i'd say santa clause and kb100 doesnt have much of a difference only thing is santa rides with raindeers but our kb rides a Accent CRDi with 2 "motta" tyres at the back...steeroid!!...is he naturally like this or is he on steroids??just kidding, so full of energy and vigour, gave life to the party you could say...Our very own JB's JBLfyed Santro was the next point of attraction...the only car to have 5 blaupunkt 260W(if my memory is correct) rms amps..1 connected and 4 for sale....believe me i was in the back seat, when turned up his ice produces one heck of a punch, the sub just vibrates thru your ribs,at the end of the day Das became a rich man by selling the 4 amps....eventually baby karthik had to go to bed so we left early missing all the fun at night:(we left at around 5 and with Das on the wheels reached tvm bt 9:30;On the whole we re ally had a Blast!!!...Must Do this more often.
Signing off
Suraj
Old 19th March 2006, 01:16   #12

and in the last photo of karthik standing near the swift..its me behind the wheels...man im getting addicted to that vehicle.
Old 19th March 2006, 02:55   #13
Team-BHP Support

prob. one of the most planned team-bhp meets ever, great to see you guys travel all the way to meet up.

manson.
Old 19th March 2006, 10:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

Guys

Thanks for a good Part 1 of the meet. Things went as planned and I'm sure you all had a bit of fun. Like everyone says, we must meet more often and keep this momentum going.

Going forward, we should plan to keep meeting at different places - Cochin, Coimbatore and Trivandrum - alternately. That way eveyrone gets a good drive and everyone gets a chance to play host.

We should also plan to drive to some location instead of sitting around a table to eat and drink. We are not Rotary International. Sujit (kb100) and I were also thinking in terms of getting an expert in any auto field in for some of the meetings, like say Leela for the CBE meet etc. Hear what they have to say and learn from their knowledge and experience instead of circulating whatever little we know between ourselves.

Now for PART 2

I saw JKs post last night wondering which boat we were floating around in. Let me inform you that NOBODY except kb100, Quicksilver, Malludude and kphilip stayed back after the test drives. Everyone packed up and left as though they had nothing to do with the rest of the proceedings.

This is not on. For the last one week we have been posting the plans for the evening on this thread. If you did not intend to participate in the evening's programme you should all have SAID that you wouldnt be participating. As things stand, we had booked a huge party boat for Rs.4,000, a DJ for Rs.2,000 and food for Rs.3,600. I normally wouldnt quote such figures, but I must bring this to your notice to let you all understand the situation that Sujit and I found ourselves in.

There was NO boat ride, and we had to pay damages out of our respective pockets for the boat and the DJ and also pay up in FULL for dinner for 20 pax. To be fair we tried to do justice to the food by meeting up at my home but there's still food for about a dozen people sitting in my fridge.

While the money involved is besides the point (but definitely not something we can write off) what is more galling is the way we were left high and dry with all and sundry packing off without a thought for the rest of the programme that had been charted out for everyone. Some of you like California Knight and a couple of others HAD infact mentioned that you wont be staying around for the evening program, which was very decent of them.

In future, we (at least Sujit and me) will not be making any further commitments for the evenings - lets all meet up wherever and any entertainment for the evening can be arranged separately by each member.
Old 19th March 2006, 10:19   #15

karthik247, I reached home by 10. Traffic was ok except when I turned left to Paravur road the rlwy gate was closed and a huge block was there for about an hr. That was boring
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks