Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2012, 23:51   #31
Team-BHP Support

re: Kolkata TBhp meet 7th April - Drive to Azad Hind Dhaba on NH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
I'd love to come with my father, but he has been having a tough couple of months lately. Late nights at the office coupled with the fact that he didn't get any rest last week due to annapurna pujo at a close relative's place and I doubt he'll be willing to go. I shall confirm after I ask him.
Please try to convince your dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrajdeep View Post
Still don't understand why Saturday and not Sunday.
@mitrajdeep, it was an impromptu decision on part of a few old timers to meet on Saturday morning, which later got converted to a full blown tbhp meet. Most of the people agreed to Saturday morning, hence the need for a poll to fix the date never came up. It is unfortunate that you will not be able to join this meet, but rest assured we will have many more meets in future if the participation is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagatadutta View Post
Please count me in. I may be a newbie but am no less an enthusiast about this forum or any sort of automobile activity. Just returned from a trip to Mandarmani with fellow Tbhpian Dheeraj23, and a couple of other friends. Can't wait to participate in the meet and be rewarded with priceless pearls of wisdom and exchange invaluable notes from the experts. In short looking forward to getting introduced to everyone in our Kolkata chapter
You are most welcome Swagata, but I am not sure if you will get any pearl. Please let us know what gathering point you prefer, AJC Bose Road or Belgharia expressway.
Old 6th April 2012, 00:43   #32

Thanks a lot @BlackPearl for your reply. I'm sure that pearls are not a tradable commodity but a rare sighting for the discerned, nevertheless I did read the post by @Sam Kapasi and understand the advantages of having moderate expectations. I stay in Kankurgachhi and am at equal distance from both spots. For me the decider should be absolutely based on member participation and the excitement generated; I'm game to everything under the hood.
Old 6th April 2012, 06:43   #33
BHPian

Since the folks meeting at Haldirams have a distance advantage, is there any plans for a late start or is it at 6?
Old 6th April 2012, 12:45   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagatadutta View Post
Thanks a lot @BlackPearl for your reply. I'm sure that pearls are not a tradable commodity but a rare sighting for the discerned, nevertheless I did read the post by @Sam Kapasi and understand the advantages of having moderate expectations. I stay in Kankurgachhi and am at equal distance from both spots. For me the decider should be absolutely based on member participation and the excitement generated; I'm game to everything under the hood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Since the folks meeting at Haldirams have a distance advantage, is there any plans for a late start or is it at 6?
@All, need suggestions. As sadnabrina has mentioned that the people meeting at Haldirams will have a distance advantage, do we all meet at Haldirams? I think it will create less confusion. I stay near Ruby Hospital, both the places are equally fine for me.
Old 6th April 2012, 13:08   #35
BHPian

For AH on NH2, going through Belghoria Xpressway is definitely preferable. So for you Haldiram's is a better option - my opinion.
Old 6th April 2012, 13:30   #36

That sounds very interesting. To have a big group of cars owing allegiance to our wonderful forum travel in a straight line is a definite high. I second your proposal @BlackPearl. An activity of such proportions needs a single starting point. What say members?
Old 6th April 2012, 13:57   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
@All, need suggestions. As sadnabrina has mentioned that the people meeting at Haldirams will have a distance advantage, do we all meet at Haldirams?
Just wished to say that I shall be accompanied by a friend of mine. He is not a member of this forum, yet he is an extremely like minded person and has already travelled to places like Bombay, Delhi, Sikkim, Darjeeling, etc., with his ten months old Indigo Manza. As a auto enthusiast he is already aware of Team-BHP and said that he would be glad to come and meet us. And I am sure that all the esteemed members participating tomorrow will be glad to meet him at the event. Please excuse me for already taking the liberty to ask him to come and join us for the meet. But as he will be coming from Shyambazar side, may I as well as my friend wait for you at any of the two toll plazas on your way to NH2? I request you to kindly give us a wave of hand and we shall follow you.
Regards,
Rahul

Last edited by rahul4640 : 6th April 2012 at 13:59.
Old 6th April 2012, 14:03   #38
Team-BHP Support

Re: Kolkata TBhp meet 7th April 2012

So the final list is something like this (Please add if I have missed somebody)-

1. BlackPearl and NosPower
2. altocumulus
3. Sabya, shuvd, me_sid and possibly Razor
4. Premjit
5. Planet
6. Samarjit
7. Razor
8. Shamik
9. Shuvc
10. Debarshim
11. Sadnabrina
12. Rahul and Anish
13. Hero
14. Swagata

Can we please finalise the meeting point as VIP Haldiram's after the Rajarhat flyover meets the VIP Road on way to airport

P.S: Please send your phone numbers through private messages to Shuvc, Planet_Rocker and BlackPearl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
Just wished to say that I shall be accompanied by a friend of mine. He is not a member of this forum, yet he is an extremely like minded person and has already travelled to places like Bombay, Delhi, Sikkim, Darjeeling, etc., with his ten months old Indigo Manza. As a auto enthusiast he is already aware of Team-BHP and said that he would be glad to come and meet us. And I am sure that all the esteemed members participating tomorrow will be glad to meet him at the event. Please excuse me for already taking the liberty to ask him to come and join us for the meet. But as he will be coming from Shyambazar side, may I as well as my friend wait for you at any of the two toll plazas on your way to NH2? I request you to kindly give us a wave of hand and we shall follow you.
Regards,
Rahul
Rahul Da, your friend is most welcome and I had already added his name along with you. Please try to meet near Haldirams if it is not a big problem for you and your friend. Otherwise we will be in touch over phone and you can join us at one of the toll plazas.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 6th April 2012 at 14:09.
Old 6th April 2012, 14:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can we please finalise the meeting point as VIP Haldiram's after the Rajarhat flyover meets the VIP Road on way to airport
Yeaaaaah !! Please wake me up when you arrive
Old 6th April 2012, 15:08   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl
So the final list is something like this (Please add if I have missed somebody)-

2. altocumulus
4. Premjit
5. Planet
6. Samarjit
7. Razor
8. Shamik
9. Shuvc
10. Debarshim
11. Sadnabrina
12. Rahul and Anish
13. Hero
14. Swagata

P.S: Please send your phone numbers through private messages to Shuvc, Planet_Rocker and BlackPearl.

Rahul Da, your friend is most welcome and I had already added his name along with you. Please try to meet near Haldirams if it is not a big problem for you and your friend. Otherwise we will be in touch over phone and you can join us at one of the toll plazas.
Baba full squad toh. Think only Sudipto da is missing. Will miss the meet like always. Please post the pics asap ;-)
Old 6th April 2012, 15:30   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
JAs a auto enthusiast he is already aware of Team-BHP and said that he would be glad to come and meet us. And I am sure that all the esteemed members participating tomorrow will be glad to meet him at the event. Please excuse me for already taking the liberty to ask him to come and join us for the meet.
Great it will be good to meet up with Anish too

Quote:
So are we dropping the other meeting point? Means I will have to wake up an extra 15 minutes early We better confirm this in the next few hours to avoid any confusion tomorrow.
Old 6th April 2012, 15:56   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
Baba full squad toh. Think only Sudipto da is missing. Will miss the meet like always. Please post the pics asap ;-)
Sent a PM to Sudipto da, did not get any reply :-(
We will miss you too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
So are we dropping the other meeting point? Means I will have to wake up an extra 15 minutes early We better confirm this in the next few hours to avoid any confusion tomorrow.
Yes, we are dropping the other meeting point and the only place of gathering will be

VIP Haldiram's after the Rajarhat flyover meets the VIP Road on way to airport

Time
- 6 a.m.

P.S.: Sorry for all the confusion created above. If anybody has any further confusion, please PM me.
Old 6th April 2012, 19:15   #43
BHPian

Re: Kolkata TBhp meet 7th April - Drive to Azad Hind Dhaba on NH2

Hello Folks, my trip got cancelled so am glad in joining in. This will be my TBHP Meet attendance after a 3 years gap.

2. altocumulus
4. Premjit
5. Planet
6. Samarjit
7. Razor
8. Shamik
9. Shuvc
10. Debarshim
11. Sadnabrina
12. Rahul and Anish
13. Hero
14. Swagata
15. Sayantan28
16. btirthankar
Old 7th April 2012, 04:57   #44
Team-BHP Support

Anybody awake? I am on my way.. see you guys.
Old 7th April 2012, 05:26   #45
Senior - BHPian

Good Morning. wait for me. i woke up now. will see you guys. i think i am running late. ttk cr n drive safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks