Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Will you participate in the t-bhp India tour ?
Yes, i will, depending on the dates 17 54.84%
Yes I will, I will also help with organizing the event 3 9.68%
I may just come for my city event 10 32.26%
Are you kidding me ? 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2012, 20:26   #1
BHPian

Suggestion: Team-BHP India Tour

Hello Petrol heads,
A few days back i was watching the HOT Rod TV, Power tour of america, where petrol heads from different parts of USA joined together for a week long road-trip.

The Power tour 2012 starts in about 2 weeks and is going to follow the tradition.

Which brings me to the point of having a simillar tour across India(), please hold on before chewing me down to pieces.

It will be a daunting task to organize an event on such a massive scale, however, we have bhpians from different walks of life and if planned properly (the golden mantra of 90% planning and 10% execution) it can be an event like no other.

If mods approve , an we can start to plan early, we can actually manage to pull off an event in the December-January time frame.

I would call upon all the hall of fame members,admins, mods, and bhpians to share their input and willingness to join such an event.

Just imagine the scene of (100+) cars driving together in formation across a few states till the party ends in Goa ( my humble suggestion).

My 2 cents:
1. If we go ahead with the plan, we can delegate individual City charters to organize accommodation/logistics
2. We need to decide on a fee structure, similar to RM(Rider Mania)

Last edited by adityasiera : 22nd May 2012 at 20:29.
Old 22nd May 2012, 20:47   #2
BHPian

Re: Suggestion: Team-BHP India Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post

It will be a daunting task to organize an event on such a massive scale, however, we have bhpians from different walks of life and if planned properly (the golden mantra of 90% planning and 10% execution) it can be an event like no other.
I am up for this, and confident that with support from everyone we can make this happen. Bet there would be many like me just waiting for an event like this to happen.

And yes I fully agree with your success mantra of 90% planning and 10% execution.

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd May 2012 at 21:23. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 22nd May 2012, 21:11   #3
BHPian

Adding to it, again if planned properly, it may become a family excursion on wheels for us.

It will also benefit bhpians who are from the automotive service industry, to be part of the tour and provide backup service.

As of now, lets us start to gather data, of how many are interested and when is the best time-frame according to everyone.
Old 22nd May 2012, 21:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Personally i would like to take part in organizing and also taking a lead initiative in execution. Sadly my job does not allow me so much time to plan. However, If the same is in my city, i would just meet the team at the venue.

Great Idea though.
Old 23rd May 2012, 01:09   #5
BHPian

Great idea. Planning will be quite a nightmare though and will be glad to chip in inwhatever way possible.
Old 23rd May 2012, 10:32   #6
BHPian

My suggestion is: It should be more than 'a tour for a tour'; it must have attached to noble intentions. It can be named "INDIA-INTEGRATION YATHRA" by Team-BHP, starting from any remote corner of India, covering all four ends.

If it starts from Cochin, Kerala, or passing through; we about 10+ Bhpians will volunteer for ground support.

Good idea...

Think of our convoy with ""INDIA-INTEGRATION YATHRA"--by Team-BHP" banners and stickers all over entering remotest corners of Assam, Manipur and Chinese-claimed Arunachal and Pak boarder !
Even we can arrange measures like Receptions, short speeches on such subjects like patriotism, oneness and brotherhood...
We must prove, we are not mere 'Petro-heads' but also take up serious venture.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please do not post back-to-back when still within the 30 minutes window. Use edit post function to add/edit content instead.

Last edited by noopster : 23rd May 2012 at 11:02.
Old 23rd May 2012, 10:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

I'm in as long as the dates work for me. But i will help in whatever way i can to help organize and plan the event, whether i am in or not.
Old 23rd May 2012, 11:03   #8
BHPian

Team-Bhpians can be split into zones and each zone would have member's driving / riding down together and all zones would meet up directly in final get together location (Goa) ?

Example: Chennai - Bangalore - Mangalore - Goa

Chandigarh - Delhi - Jaipur - Ahmedabad - Surat (joining Western Zone) - Mumbai - Pune - Goa

//Just a suggestion
Old 23rd May 2012, 11:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Me too in depending on dates. Else, I'm there to help whatever way I can.
Old 23rd May 2012, 14:05   #10
BHPian

Great ideas from everyone. First things first, lets try to freeze the dates, and then the route map.

The region wise divide is an equally good idea, and the drive/tour culminates at Goa/(whichever place is agreed on).
Old 23rd May 2012, 14:29   #11
BHPian

Count me in if dates do not clash. Willing to volunteer in any capacity.

Lets first decide on the a route before dividing it into regions.
Old 26th May 2012, 17:37   #12
BHPian

Just 10 replies in 4 days. Guys we need to atleast have a tentative plan with dates to get this rollling. I suggest we plan this between Nov 10th to Dec 20th.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks