Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2016, 12:20   #31
BHPian

Re: 'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016

Fantastic pictures all, Hyatt Hampi is a clean and fabulous place to stay. The state roads would been awesome to drive as well. Looks like a fabulous meet. Superb.!!
Old 20th September 2016, 12:20   #32

Thanks for considering part of this trips. It was well organized by Dr.AD & Ravi Thanks to you all for making this trip Memorable . Wonderful time spent with everyone once again . As always I am ready to go for the next trip!
Old 20th September 2016, 14:25   #33
BHPian

Only problem with this trip is that we are robbed of the opportunity to ask "When is the next trip?" and we are not complaining.
Old 20th September 2016, 23:52   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

It was a really awesome trip and kudos to AD for organizing it. Some pictures from my side.

Part of the gang
'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-_dsm2750.jpg

Some of the cars in the hotel parking lot
'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-img_3900.jpg

The XUV gang that took us to tungabhadra dam
'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-img_3907.jpg

View from the lighthouse
'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-img_3904.jpg

Vittala Temple views
'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-_dsm2755.jpg

'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-_dsm2771.jpg

'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-_dsm2779.jpg

'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-img_3941.jpg

Panoramic view of the temple complex
'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-img_3943.jpg

The car that made the drive a really awesome one for me
'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-_dsm2855.jpg

My favourite image from the trip
'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-_dsm2812.jpg

Evening views from Hemakutta Hill, Hampi
'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-_dsm2793.jpg

'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-_dsm2794.jpg

'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-_dsm2798.jpg

'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-_dsm2801.jpg

'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-_dsm2807.jpg

'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-_dsm2808.jpg

'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-_dsm2817.jpg

'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-_dsm2819.jpg

'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-_dsm2827.jpg

'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-_dsm2844.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 19th January 2020 at 21:53. Reason: Additional pictures inserted in-line.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 06:15   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

@robimahanta great pics of Hampi!

For Hampi lovers, here is a great set of photos:
http://nicopix.zenfolio.com/p13995338
Old 21st September 2016, 17:14   #36
BHPian

Superb photos of Hampi . I had visited there during 10-12 September and my travelogue is pending!
Old 23rd September 2016, 15:37   #37
BHPian

Great to see Team-Bhpians meeting with families at a great location.
It is also good to see that the XUV is quite a popular car.
I guess other than the niggles that was rampant in the initial batches of the car, the Indian made Mahindra offering has made quite an impact.
I for one love mine and it is quite a monster after tuning the engine.

Hope there will be a team bhp meet in Cochin too, in the near future.

Cheerio!
Old 23rd September 2016, 16:46   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
@robimahanta great pics of Hampi!

For Hampi lovers, here is a great set of photos:
http://nicopix.zenfolio.com/p13995338

Are these photos taken using a drone? Or just taken from a higher point (a hill or something)?

Edit: Just saw his about page and it mentions Kite Aerial Photography. Nice!

Last edited by sanjaykk : 23rd September 2016 at 16:49. Reason: Clarification
Old 18th June 2017, 18:46   #39
BHPian

Reviving an old thread. My dad's planning an impromptu trip to either Gandikota-Ahobilam or Hampi. Would request fellow bhpians to put some light on the places of interest which are worth visiting in Hampi for a full day.
So, the planned itenary :[list][*] Saturday (24/06/2017) - Start from Hyd in the evening and planning for a night stay at my farm which is near KA border.[*] Sunday (25/06/2017) - Start at around 5am in the morning and proceed towards Hampi which is 191 kms away from my farm. Will be reaching Hampi by 9;30am which includes a break of the morning crunch. Then, sightseeing of a couple of places in Hampi.[*] Monday (26/06/2017) - Complete the sightseeing program by the afternoon and start -off to Hyd.

Suggestions regarding any change in the itenary are welcome. Awaited for a quick reply.

Varun
Old 5th August 2019, 15:54   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post

What: Explore the ruins of Hampi, Karnataka and the surroundings
When: Friday, September 16, 2016 to Sunday, September 18, 2016.
Accommodation: Hyatt Place, Hampi (https://hampi.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN View Post
Destination Hampi !

The hotel
Attachment 1555880
Hi guys - thank you for the fabulously detailed travelogue. Some friends of mine and I are planning a short winter trip to Hampi and were considering staying at Hotel Hyatt Place. Could you let me know if there are any pros or cons of this hotel, both standalone as well as from the standpoint of doing all the touristy stuff around Hampi.

I have read slightly mixed reviews of the hotel itself and also heard its a bit inconveniently located from Hampi ruins standpoint.

If not Hyatt Place, any other high quality / decently luxurious hotels we could consider? (Evolve Back is just way too expensive).

Thanks!
Old 5th August 2019, 18:42   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Hi guys - thank you for the fabulously detailed travelogue. Some friends of mine and I are planning a short winter trip to Hampi and were considering staying at Hotel Hyatt Place. Could you let me know if there are any pros or cons of this hotel, both standalone as well as from the standpoint of doing all the touristy stuff around Hampi.

I have read slightly mixed reviews of the hotel itself and also heard its a bit inconveniently located from Hampi ruins standpoint.

If not Hyatt Place, any other high quality / decently luxurious hotels we could consider? (Evolve Back is just way too expensive).

Thanks!
Overall, I would recommend Hyatt Place Hampi as the stay option, and would stay there if I were to visit Hampi again (I stayed there in November 2018 again after this drive meet). Evolve Back is definitely a nicer and more upscale place, but as you correctly pointed out, it is way too expensive.

Hyatt Place Hampi was fabulous in 2016, and in my 2018 visit, I felt it had gone down a bit in service quality and interior up-keep (maybe the mixed reviews you mentioned are because of this). But even then, it is still a good place and I would still recommend this.

The pros of this place are:
1. At the very least, the rooms are clean and comfortable (though not luxurious), and the rooms and the hotel have all the basic amenities one would need.
2. They have ample, safe and clean parking for a large number of cars (important to us because we always drive there in our own cars).
3. The access roads are generally good.
4. The food is usually very good.
5. The swimming pool is nice too (if that matters to you).
6. The hotel is reasonably priced. I always found some good deals on their own website. They had some "heritage packages" (or something like that; I don't remember the name of the package exactly) that included food, stay, and some a tour of the ruins in their own vehicle, which was a great deal.
7. Last but not the least, the Vidyanagar Township that the hotel is in, is a very good place to visit by itself. You can take a peaceful walk in the beautiful city of Vidyanagar Township - there is a nice lake and gardens around (seen in our photos in this thread). You can take the hotel bicycles and ride around there. The lush green township is like an oasis in the middle of the generally hot and dry area.
8. There is one "Kaladham Museum" in the Vidyanagar Township, right next to the hotel. This is one of the must visit places around Hampi. Go there in the evening. You can see the museum and also enjoy to nice surroundings. You will miss this museum if you stay in any other hotel in Hampi (since you won't come out all the way just for this museum). So staying in this hotel is the best way to see this museum and the surrounding area.

Cons of the hotel:
1. It is about 30km away from the monuments and the ruins of Hampi. It will take about an hours drive to reach the ruins area. However, the hotel offers packages which include transportation and tour of the ruins. I think this is the best option. You will not have to worry about finding parking sports at each location, and figuring out where to go etc. You can park your cars in the hotel and let them drive you around in their vehicles. If you take this option, then the far away factor does not matter at all. BTW, note that the road from the hotel to the main Hampi area is good and straightforward, so even if you drive your own cars, it is not a major problem.
2. However, if you want to go to some ruins or locations for sunrise or sunset in early morning or late evening respectively, then this location is not ideal.
3. The overall experience is good, but not luxurious. If you are looking for luxurious resort experience, then Evolve Back is your best bet.

The pros outweigh the cons, and therefore, I would still recommend this place.

By the way, on the other hand, if you are looking for a more adventurous stay experience (and not necessarily a luxurious one), then Jungle Lodges and Resorts' Sloth Bear Resort is one option. I have never stayed there myself (but I have stayed in several other JLR resorts, which are all usually located in wild and jungle places and the whole experience is designed to be an adventure rather than luxury), and hence I can't comment on how the stay is.
Dr.AD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 08:44   #42
Team-BHP Support

Small sneak preview into our ride from Pune to Hampi.

'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1577416407.955801.jpg

'Explore Hampi' Team-BHP Meet: 16th - 18th September, 2016-imageuploadedbyteambhp1577416422.987390.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 19th January 2020 at 21:54. Reason: Spacing.
Axe77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 21:28   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Small sneak preview into our ride from Pune to Hampi.
That's quite a teaser. When are you sharing more?

I've been planning a bike trip from Mumbai to Hampi with my better half for quite sometime now. If it's not an issue with you - can you share the route you took? (Assuming you started from Pune?) And if you ended up staying at Hyatt or some other place? Reccos are always welcome!

Thanks in advance!
Old 20th January 2020, 10:17   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVaas View Post
That's quite a teaser. When are you sharing more?

I've been planning a bike trip from Mumbai to Hampi with my better half for quite sometime now. If it's not an issue with you - can you share the route you took? (Assuming you started from Pune?) And if you ended up staying at Hyatt or some other place? Reccos are always welcome!

Thanks in advance!
Haha - I ultimately didn't end up taking that many pics with my friend and wife both working their phone cams.

Route was: Pune, Satara, Kolhapur, Belgaum, Hubli, Gadag, Koppal, Hyatt Place Hampi. Same for return.

We left at 4:4 am from Pune (outskirts ahead of Balewadi (Kia showroom opp Bitwise building. Reached Kolhapur around 7:15 I think. Breakfast there. Had an hour's unscheduled stop for a dead battery issue (needed jump start). Reached hotel by 5 pm ultimately.

The way back we took the same route but left around 6 and stopped for a leisurely brekker break, lunch break, and another long coffee stop a couple of hours after lunch. I reached Pune Balewadi by around 5 pm this time and headed straight on to Bombay from there.

I would strongly recommend leaving very early whenever you leave. Maybe even 4 am - so you can miss the traffic jams around Vashi, Panvel, Khopoli etc given we can't use Expressway. Also, the roads coming into Hampi / Vijayanagar are really desolate and deserted for a couple of hundred kms with very little food amenities as well so plan for that too accordingly. I would rather ride in dark hours around familiar territory than at a destination that I don't know as well. Post Hubli, definitely plan meals because places are few and far between.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks