Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2021, 23:50   #16
BHPian

Re: My journey on Team-BHP | Remembering some good times

Hello Somnathji,

Very happy to see those 5 stars next your handle, I must say it’s a well deserved one. I was lucky to be part of both the Gujarat meetups and especially remember the knowledge exchange session with you and more so continued over phone till today.

All the best on your quest and may we get to see many more interesting stories from your desk.
abhikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 13:12   #17
BHPian

I have been fortunate to have known Vigsom through his impeccable threads and extensive attention to detail given his reviews are at pro ultra max level regardless of the car/ mode of transport he is reviewing. We spoke many a times to get his guidance to scout a good 4x4 for me since last year, mostly around Fortuner/ Pajero. I couldn't believe how someone could be so selfless and eager to help others without any expectations. Very few people I know who have an eye of an eagle and a memory of an elephant, a thorough gentleman and a gem of a person. So happy to see 5 stars on your handle, very well deserved! Look forward to catching up with you sir @Vigsom whenever you're in Bangalore.

Last edited by Shanky_1002 : 7th June 2022 at 13:15.
Shanky_1002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 11:21   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Team-bhp could unite folks like nothing else would
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanky_1002 View Post
We spoke many a times to scout a good 4x4
Continuing to live the good times, here is an account of having commenced interactions with more bhpians 1-o-1 or via PM/ calls.

1. Jun-2022 | Interacted with bhpian @CEF_Beasts to learn about the issue of the spiral cable and the horn not blowing in their Fortuner
2. May-2022 | @Captain Slow and the weird issue around his Figo's aircon; this was a case of the system being overcharged by a rookie of sorts, and the cooling going for a toss
3. Feb-2022 | @Styler who is one of the few who's owned two Grand Vitaras. Had a rather long interaction with him
4. Jan-2022 | @freakmuzik reached out for help regarding hunt for a used E140 Corolla. While he did all the searching himself, I helped him in whatever way I could from 2000km away
5. Jan-2022 | @Sandy Damodaran shares his experiences around the Pajero Sport
6. Jan-2022 | @Shanky_1002 and @Hemicuda were hunting for a good SUV ; they came rather close to pristine examples.
7. Dec-2021 | Happy to help @VWAllstar in some tips around his visit to Statue Of Unity and other parts of Gujarat; was fortunate to meet up with him and his better half on his inward and outward journeys
8. Nov-2021 | Missed meeting @Crow on one of his visits this side; look forward to another chance
9. Nov-2021 | @TorqMaster was looking for some help regarding a used car in Chennai; he finally found his choice
10. Nov-2021| @RAHS and I were in touch constantly when he was scouting for a used car in Bengaluru; he found a high mileage one, but went ahead based on what he saw about the car
11. Nov-2021| @Sanidhya mukund reached out for some Go-NoGo advice on restoring their family's Esteem and Estate. The Esteem is done but the Estate will be a rather expensive and time consuming affair
12. Oct-2021 | A dream come true viz. the most famous Ertiga on the forum of @paragsachania standing outside my building when he was driving up from Bengaluru/Aurangabad. Met him again for exactly 3 minutes on the highway in Nov-2021 when he was driving back
13. Oct-2021 | @fawad0222 reached out for help for a Grand Vitara gave him some leads which didn't work out, though
14. Sep-2021 | Interacted with @sunilch who was looking for a used 7 seater in Mumbai. Happy that he's got his right choice now
15. Sep-2021 | Met the already famous Safari Storme of @PrasannaDhana in my favourite colour and got to drive the beast briefly; was conscious that this was a new vehicle, and that made me be extra careful. Prasanna treated me to some pedigreee coffee and I was not intimidated by his build
16. Aug-2021 | @vikramvicky1984 sought some help on a rare low run Altis diesel, which looked good, although not fully stock; he's so far happy with the car
17. Aug-2021 | Have had many long interactions with @locusjag on his experiences with the TUV300, A-Star, quirky parkings in Chennai apartments, and a lot more
18. Aug-2021 | Dr.AD has always impressed with his (pic) shooting skills; nice to interact with him and understand his current steeds
19. Jul-2021 | had a brief call with @hserus regarding some weird noise that he encountered under the dashboard of his Endeavour
20. Jun-2021 | Thank You, @graaja, for some wonderful advice around keeping fit by eating right
21. Jun-2021 | Continue to interact with Mr. Maruti aka @Leoshashi around all the improvements that he has made, and the assistance he has rendered to folks on the forum
22. Jun-2021 | Keeping in touch with fellow Toyota lover @R2D2 on his experiences with his Altis
23. Apr-2021 | In touch with bhpian @Researcher on his experiences with his cars

Meeting up with many folks on this list is due, but am confident that will happen someday.

With VWAllstar in Dec-2021
My journey on Team-BHP | Remembering some good times-vwallstar.jpg

Last edited by vigsom : 9th June 2022 at 11:45.
vigsom is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 12:09   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Vigsom, this thread is a great journal of your times with TBHPians over the years. And I agree with others that your posts are a treat to read even for grumpy ol' chaps like me.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 12:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
11. Nov-2021| @Sanidhya mukund reached out for some Go-NoGo advice on restoring their family's Esteem and Estate. The Esteem is done but the Estate will be a rather expensive and time consuming affair
Talking to you was not only very helpful in restoring the Esteem, but also very enriching. I got to learn so much about carbureted engines, fuel pumps etc. It was also lovely hearing tales of your road trips in the Standard-10 and your experience of restoring your flooded Fiat. Thank you for the help, sir.

Hoping to learn even more once I get to my Tata Estate project!
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 09:58   #21
BHPian

Quote:
7. Dec-2021 | Happy to help @VWAllstar in some tips around his visit to Statue Of Unity and other parts of Gujarat; was fortunate to meet up with him and his better half on his inward and outward journeys
Thanks Vigsom. It was a treat to meet you as soon I got my foot out of my car onto the GJ land for the first time. It was coincidence or an order of the almighty, that you posted the details of SOU just when I was planning for a road trip across GJ. Enjoyed the authentic Coffee in a land full of Chass and no Beer You and Parag made my life damn easy during that memorable road trip. Now I am even eager to drive down to Baroda just to hang out with you and drive your 2 precious which you so happily walked me through.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 10:42   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Continuing with more bhpians 1-o-1 or via PM/ calls.
1. Jun-2023 | managed to catch up with @KK_Hakunamatata on a "drizzling" day and had some local coffee; good to know his encounters with some rare cars
2. Jun-2023 | spoke with @puneetakhouri on his concerns in his Safari Storme and reassured him that all was well
3. Apr-2023 | managed to finally catch up with the gentle giant @locusjag. His writing skills are top notch, but he is too shy to admit that.
4. Mar-2023 | Met @rajathv8 in a 2 hour window that he had on a working day; got to see his out-of-box mace fixes to keep the mice away
5. Mar-2023 | Woke the "Thanksgiver" @InControl with a surprise PM on a Sunday morning and there was no delay in meeting up with him and understanding his street experiences, with cars, and with people.
6. Jan-2023 | managed to get to @Crow while transiting Mumbai; missed two earlier opportunities to meet when he was in my side of the country then. Although a brief meeting, I'm happy I got to him finally, and was rewarded with coconut water, drunk using a stainless steel straw.
7. Jan-2023| Reached out to @prateekswarup when a friend of mine was stuck with a dead Outlander. His eagerness to help is unforgettable.
8. Sep-2022 | Interacted with bhpian @AshtonCastellino on his various DIYs w.r.t his 2006 Swift; a very hi-energy Dude who is always eager to help
9. Sep-2022 | commenced my interactions with @BeemerBug_06 on several things Corolla. Managed to catch up with him and his Corolla while transiting Mumbai in Dec-2022. Was treated to some pedigree chai in Dadar

Have reached out to many more but have drawn blanks so far. With those that I've already met, I'm in touch with all of them and can't thank them enough for their time and eagernsss to interact.

Last edited by vigsom : 1st July 2023 at 10:45.
vigsom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 10:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
7. Jan-2023| Reached out to @prateekswarup when a friend of mine was stuck with a dead Outlander. His eagerness to help is unforgettable.
Thanks @vigsom for the mention. It was a pleasure to connect with you on call. Next time you're in this neck of the woods (Delhi NCR), we can plan a meet.
Old 2nd July 2023, 20:54   #24
BHPian

Quote:
6. Jan-2023 | managed to get to @Crow while transiting Mumbai; missed two earlier opportunities to meet when he was in my side of the country then. Although a brief meeting, I'm happy I got to him finally, and was rewarded with coconut water, drunk using a stainless steel straw.
As always, I’m so impressed by your memory and meticulous attention to detail. It was great to meet you. I think you’re a wonderful person and it’s my good fortune that I can call you my friend. May we meet again soon.
Old 3rd July 2023, 13:06   #25
BHPian

Quote:
4. Mar-2023 | Met @rajathv8 in a 2 hour window that he had on a working day; got to see his out-of-box mace fixes to keep the mice away
It was good to meet you and the Pajero.
I have taken the anti-rat measures a notch further after losing the left side indicator repeater wire to little fellow few weeks back.
In a world flooded with new cars, it is good to speak with someone who maintains older cars.
Hope to meet your GV soon
rajathv8 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks