Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2007, 15:19   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Cochin Team-BHP backwater meet

I'm in Cochin. It is not very hot, in fact its drizzling. Doesn't help the humidity here though.

I land and straight away are zaks sms "Welcome to the first ever Team-BHP meet on backwaters.
Please reach the meet venue ie, fine arts hall by 4:30pm.
The boat will leave from finearts Jetty as soon as everybody arrives. Some eatables and drinks have been arranged. Please bring anything you wish ; drinks, crisps, whatever you like.
But most important, Please be on time to avoid any delay.
Thank you,
Zak."

Sweet.

Step out of the airport and there's a guy holding a placard looking for Zameer Kapasia
Looks like every state has a different name for me.

First kasapi. Now this.

I check into the rather large room at wyte fort hotel. Zak calls and makes sure I'm ok. I'm getting used to his kindness and hospitality.

On my way to the showroom.need to finish my work.

Can barely wait for the boat and the kallu.

More later.
Old 27th May 2007, 19:25   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
First kasapi. Now this.

hmmmm, in KL, you were referred to as Mr Pakasi by the van driver

Have fun, would have loved to have been there but no hols after returning from planet Zuk
Old 27th May 2007, 21:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Am waiting for a nice report from all you attendees there. And loads of pictures too.
Old 27th May 2007, 22:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Can we please drink Kallu??? I am dying to try some. Dying to try a lot actually.
Gautam
If the attendees got this to drink in the boat then no use of waiting tonight for the report.
Old 27th May 2007, 22:31   #5
BHPian

Welcome to Kerala Sam Bro.the back waters are gonna make this holidays (or workdays? ) a memorable one.
Old 27th May 2007, 22:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama View Post
Welcome to Kerala Sam Bro.the back waters are gonna make this holidays (or workdays? ) a memorable one.
U didn't go for the meet?
Old 27th May 2007, 23:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Have fun guys and please post some nice pics of the beautiful scenery!
Old 27th May 2007, 23:32   #8
Team-BHP Support

Whoa... seems like its gonna materialize into some serious fun. I am sure we will have some picture postcard meet pics.
Old 27th May 2007, 23:37   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Back home. It was lovely. And I'm unable to express the singular peace and joy I feel.

We left the shore at 5.30. There were about 11 of us. The backwaters were lovely and this has been a very very pleasant evening.
We spent 2 hours on the boat, lazily drifting through the various settlements and coasts and through the thousands of palm trees. Kerala is lovely.

Saw so many chinese fishing nets. The weather was lovely and the breeze was cool. The water was clean and calm and there were lights everywhere. Settlements, homes, gardens, towns, other boats, large ships.... We don't have too many artistic shots, die to poor lighting conditions. But definitely some nice pictures. (says I, hopefully)
Besides we were just chatting so much, we weren't even reaching for the cameras.. Just clean, happy chatting and so much, so much of it.

No, there was no kallu to drink, but we drank another kerala specialty instead. Brandy. Yes, I had a few brandy+cokes and it was, well, different. Best coke I ever had in my life lol.
Zak got us some snacky food, chips, fried (read:spicy) chicken and what-nots, knick-knacks (paddywhack). Excellent.

We docked back in at 7.30pm and after a short debate, decided to go the the Wyte Fort for Dinner and dessert. Many prawns later, we just sat by the poolside and chatted away. Laughing and exchanging stories.

As is expected, I did a lot of story-telling. And we laughed so much that my face aches.

Then Zak, Taha and Hydra came to my football field sized suite and we chatted some more and checked out some audio gadgets I carry around.

They've just left. I'm gonna have to get back to work in a bit. Yes, at this hour. Tomorrow morning is the inauguration of the showroom and everything must be ready. Looks like an all-nighter.

See you, all the cochin boys, at the opening. Everyone's invited.

And boys, thank you for a wonderful evening. I have some pictures I'll post on tuesday.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 27th May 2007 at 23:39.
Old 28th May 2007, 00:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

It was a GREAT meet! We had a really nice time on the boat (the weather was great today) watching the scenery and listening to Sam's stories And exactly as Sam said, we were laughing so much it hurt. Sam also got to listen to a Mallu version of Hotel California ("Hottel Keralafoniya").

We then had a loooooong gab session at Whytefort, while having a light dinner, again exchanging stories. The stories continued at the poolside after.

Zak, AHA & I then went to Sam's room and checked out the new noise-cancelling headphones JBL has brought out (awesome sounding stuff) and his great sounding iPod dock.

As usual I'm cameraless and I forgot to copy the snaps off Zak's/Sam's camera. Zak, please do the honours.

Will meet ya tomorrow at the opening, Sam! Thanks for a really side-splitting time today!
Old 28th May 2007, 01:14   #11
BANNED

It was awwwwweSssssOme!

Guys, it was peace! Soothing, calm, exciting, fun filled, story filled, thrilling and what not!
Uh just say it was GREAT!

I think Sam has done a good job of explaining how it went and with some good addition by Hydra. So, I don't wanna type in another long and boring report.
Here comes some snaps!

All ready and set, waiting for the boat to leave. Nikki's friends are on the way and we will leave as soon as they also come.

Ahh! There they arrive and we are all set to hit the waters.

All our cars parked in a parking ground.

Nikki's friends! They're also becoming a very interesting part of our meets. Guys, Thanks for coming once again.

And we move! Slowly, drifting on the calm waters.

And Sam starts his story telling! Man! this man is full of Adventures and as we wanted, it begins with the latest Pattaya + MAI story.

There were few other boats around the area.

Out of which, some where HUGE!

Though it doesn't smoke! It pisses for long periods!

Ernakulam AKA Cochin, seen from the boat.

Another view!

The Jetty which will take you to the very famous Bolghatty Palace built by the Dutch.

Time for Hottel KeralaFaunia! No JBL speakers on that Phone though.....

ArtofZen is thrilled too.

A typical Kerala boat. Pity, we couldn't get hold of one of these.

The VERY spicy and HOT fried chicken. We finished about 7 chickens!

Time for some greenery! Chinese fishing nets and Coconut palms.

A chinese Fishing net in action. This huge thingy is operated by one person!

People from one Island town nearby, waiting for their Ferry service to arrive.

Snacks and drinks rocked!

More photos to be followed soon!
Old 28th May 2007, 06:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics. Looks like u ppl had a nice time in the boat..

Great work Zak for organising the the first TBHP BACKWATERS BOAT MEET
Old 28th May 2007, 10:40   #13
BHPian

Another FIRST from Cochin bhp-ians!!!

As Zak said, guess this was the first team-bhp meet aboard a boat!! Well... we all enjoyed the boat ride to the fullest as the whether was soooo pleasant!!! Sam was closely watching the scenery and at the same time he was cracking his masterpiece jokes too!!
Thankyou SAM!!! Hope you are happy with how Cochin bhp-ians took care of you!!! We all enjoyed your presence!!! Next time come prepared for a loooooooonger ride in the boat!!!
And guys.... thanks all for your patience to wait for me till I reached!! I know I was tooooo late!
Old 28th May 2007, 11:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post

A typical Kerala boat. Pity, we couldn't get hold of one of these.
That is NOT a typical Kerala Boat - thats one of the Rice Boats converted into the Party Boats. Yes its a pity you couldnt do one of these, but then there's always another day!
Old 28th May 2007, 11:13   #15
Team-BHP Support

Nice pics, guys. The food pics are making my mouth water.
Here's the boat i had taken a ride on when i was in Kerala, but this was on the Alleppey backwaters. Felt nice to be on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks