Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2007, 11:15   #16
BHPian

as usual missed again another meet,sigh!!!anyway good to know you guys had fun.
Old 28th May 2007, 11:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

:-w and zak sends me a sms to tease me last eve. grrr

steer aint its a shame that zammy zhappasi disnt gest to drink kallu? chi chi.

who all were there for the meet?
Old 28th May 2007, 11:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
:-w and zak sends me a sms to tease me last eve. grrr
I received an SMS just as I was about to drift off to sleep - about 1 am today - after fighting sleeplessness (time/jet lag - I just got back), so I reserved some choice words for him in my mind.
Old 28th May 2007, 11:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

looks like a nice meet there in Backwater ... like everybody asking and group photo stating how many people attended the meet...
Old 28th May 2007, 12:20   #20
BHPian

I MISSED THE BOAT - literally. but managed to join the team for dinner - thnx hydra.

I was excited due to two reasons. 1. It was my first meeting with an online community & 2. I love to talk about cars & i was going to meet some hard cores. No difficulty in finding the group in the restaurant as who could miss zak's beard & sam's hair & i introduced myself as mansidea instead of my christian name (another first) & suddenly i felt the warmth of the atmosphere. Becoming the part of the group happened in no time and then the famous Sam stories. (Sam: The Direct injection was the best of the lot and your undertaker in mumbai makes a good copy writer) Due to Zak's influence, had a nice post dinner session in the poolside too & it was great fun.

Looking forward for the next meet and expecting more cochinites to join.

I REALLY MISSED THE BOAT
Old 28th May 2007, 13:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

Kochi is JBLfied!

Just back from the new JBL Store in Kochi. [Work :(] GREAT PLACE! Something of the kind Kochi hasn't seen before. I got to see stuff that I've seen only on the 'net and in mags. iPod docks galore (I'm still salivating), noise-cancelling headphones, a limited edition JBL Creature (no, not Sam) in liquid metal finish (a-la Terminator 2), Home Theater systems of the really serious kind I've never heard before etc etc. Since I was the first to get there, I was lucky to get a whole lot of demos. At one point I asked Sam if he'd rigged up one of those BassShaker things under the couch. And apparently that was the smallest sub in the room. That's the stuff on the first floor.

The 2nd floor is a multi-brand car accessories shop with looooots and loooots of displays. For the first time in Kochi, demo boards of JBL, Infinity, Sony, Pioneer and JVC side by side. One of those really angry looking dual driver subs that Sam had in his Verna (you have to see the overall finish and quality of the connectors to believe it). A small, squat active sub from Pioneer (the Pump) that looks like a bomb. And a raised stage [ZAK is prolly dancing there now ] with the possibility of some live action! Great display for alloys, perfumes (a huge display), car-care products and what not.

I was intelligent enough to go over with a thin wallet, so I escaped unscathed. Nikkibike was not so lucky, and he was smitten by a steering-wheel remote which was immediately installed. I was tempted mightily by the entire iPod dock display, but (painfully forced) sanity prevailed.

Nikki arrived shortly after I got there, and Zak also came over soon after. They were still there as I left.

I did not want to do injustice to the store with my puny mobile cam. Sam and Zak have taken loads of pics. Zak, please post yours soon. Sam, you had better post your pics as soons' you're in Mumbai. (Folks, there is a nice pic of three creatures gawking at a JBL Creature.)

BTW, today is also the first day of the monsoons in Kerala (its been raining now since late night). Great beginning to a great season. May the JBL store do great in Kochi, and may Sam come over more often, so that we may have many many repeats of yesterday's meet. I bet there are a lot more stories Sam has yet to tell that we'd love to listen to.
Old 28th May 2007, 14:03   #22

We had a nice time. . Thanks for a nice meet, Sam
And this my 4 th one............specially for you,Sam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 28th May 2007, 14:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
who all were there for the meet?
1. Sam
2. Zak
3. Nikkibike
4. MaxBHP
5. artofzen (Nash)
6. AHA!
7. mansidea (in Whytefort)
8. Nikki's friends (who are regulars for our meets now)
9. Hydra
Old 28th May 2007, 14:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

The best TBhp meet I have attended to date !!!!

Now thats what I call a meet ! We had a nice boat cruise complete with drinks , snacks , smoke and sam , so you can imagine how good it had been. I got to learn many new things from Sam like the Direct injection Padmini's of early 90's . If you haven't heard of it , ask sam.... you will have a reason to roll on the floor everynow and then for a week . Just waiting for the next meet guys !
Old 28th May 2007, 16:52   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Whew!! Been a madly busy day, welcoming people to the new store. Finally broke for lunch with Zak and now back in the room.

I think I can post a few pictures from the meet. I also have lots of pics of Hydra, nikki and Zak, litererally open mouthed and salivating at the store lol. I'll post those too.

You know me, I'm a big mouth word-spinner, guys. Just glad you enjoyed the stories. You are wonderful and warm people and I hope to see you again soon. Next time I think Steer will be there too.

First the meet pics!!

Hydra speeds around in his favourite 4 letter F word.

And heres nikkibike taking care of some light refreshments, just in case we feel thirsty on the boat.

Speedzak takes along one drink, in honour of LBM. Partners in multiple crimes, in the ICE section, partners in the great crime of drinking appy fizz.

And we're off to the waiting boat.

A view of the beautiful, beautiful jetty.

"Where else do you want me to sit, man??" asks artofzen

Zak holds his hair, while aha looks on. Thank you aha, for making your 4th post, especially for me. heh heh. And there's maxbhp looking in the other direction.

Max drove 80kms just to be with us!

More pics when i reach mumbai. Internet speed is slow here.
Old 28th May 2007, 17:14   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Speedzak takes along one drink, in honour of LBM. Partners in multiple crimes, in the ICE section, partners in the great crime of drinking appy fizz.
So I am popular in the south also.........good to hear people have appy fizz rather than alcohol...
Old 28th May 2007, 18:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Nice report. Have been on a boat ride through the Kochi harbour a long long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post

Though it doesn't smoke! It pisses for long periods!
About the ship. Nice observation. You would also be pissed off if you were a smoker and on that ship for more than a day. No Smoking indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
So I am popular in the south also.........good to hear people have appy fizz rather than alcohol...
Have Appy Fizz yes. Rather than alcohol? Dream on buddy.

Last edited by typeOnegative : 28th May 2007 at 18:06.
Old 28th May 2007, 18:24   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
You would also be pissed off if you were a smoker and on that ship for more than a day. No Smoking indeed.
OT: No buddy you can smoke on board but not from a place where you can read that sign. Heck shippies even smoke on the bridge wing!
Old 28th May 2007, 23:38   #29
BHPian

wow seems it really rocked.comeon guys don be lazy..putup pics so tht all of us can enjoy.
@kpzen,no bro i couldn attend the meet.was at cbe on sunday.
@maxbhp,i think u had been to the wheelspin rite??
Old 29th May 2007, 11:29   #30
BHPian

"A soothing lovely meet was it...." thats what I understand from the posts...Missed it badly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks