Team-BHP - Ride to Amby Valley: A pictorial
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Team-BHP Meet Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/)
-   -   Ride to Amby Valley: A pictorial (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/24491-ride-amby-valley-pictorial.html)

A few of us decided on an impromptu ride to Amby Valley on Sunday. One of the last rides before the monsoons hit. It started off with only 3 confirmed, but at the time of final roll call - aka meeting time at 6am, there were 11 of us waiting to go!

The roads were nice, the weather was hot until we hit Khandala, and the road to Amby valley was less crowded. Made for a great ride! Save for a minor incident, everything was great!

BHP members that were there:
Guzzler - Pulsar 180
fireblader85 - Blackbird
veyron1 - karizma
Manson - thunderace
rpanicker - BMW F650
Me - ZZR400
Edit: stuart.lima - '03 R1 Forgot he is a member here too!

Also along were;
'06 1000RR
'03 CBR600rr
'05 R1
another F650

Here are a few pics:
At Amby Valley

On the way back.

veyron & guzzler getting dressed!

Breakfast halt.

Manson thrilled to ride with gloves!

Guzzler & rpanicker wonder what the fuss is all about.

Mansons aero experiment.

On the ride back.

Must be a bummer for guzzler trying to kiss folks with the helmet on.

Nice picventure! Perfect material for an AXE-Effect ad abt filling up those pillion seats

Looks like the poor Pulsar has been relegated to or cropped from almost all the pics. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 450773)
Looks like the poor Pulsar has been relegated to or cropped from almost all the pics. :)

I was just wondering the same. where is P180 ?

( rather just one pic ( black )) :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by navdeep (Post 450776)

In pic#4! Didn't you see that? Or were you temporarily thrown off by guzzlers stunning head! :p

Nice pictures though I guess everyone was real hot by the time you got back. No group pics?

Quote:

No group pics?
no. too difficult to herd the people together for group pics. And the bikes are far prettier than our ugly muggs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navdeep (Post 450776)

see, i always said the karizma is the better motorycycle, now all the members of a 'certain bike forum' - START THE WARS lol

Was a great ride, my first beyond karjat, and a first ride/drive to amby too. Glad quite a handful could make it. Surprisingly ithe heat wasnt as bad as i expected, and the heat got to me only post vashi on the ride back.

manson.

Since I don't have a thread dedicated to my bike (ala mansoin), I'll just add to this thread of my ride back from Pune the week before. This is why I love bikes!!!

Nice ride you guys had there. Must have been fun considering that its started raining in Pune right now and Lonavala isn't too far a reach now.

RT, did you ride to Kolhapur? Tried the new tunnel at Katraj?

Nice pics RT is this the old Bombay Pune Road? Looks swell

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 450804)
This is why I love bikes!!!

Rt, so you love the derriere of bikes.lol:

ps:Sorry mate just coudnt resist. Nice pics anyways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy
is this the old Bombay Pune Road? Looks swell

Yes. The old road. It's in terrific shape, except for a few unmarked speed breakers where you least expect them to be! But thats expected I guess!

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre
did you ride to Kolhapur? Tried the new tunnel at Katraj?

That was the original plan. However last minute 2 colleagues from Pune decided to join in, so rode to Pune and then to kolhapur by car.

New tunnel is nice though!

nice bikes, i am sure it would have been a FUn. Currently been around a lot of such exotics all new 2007 ones, thanks to a childhood friend.

OFF Topic:The 05' R1, was seen last saturday nite at worli along with the F650. One thing was crazy about the R1 was, the aftermarket Exhaust, and the way the rider Pulled it on its 1st Gear. hatss off to that SOund.