Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2007, 19:11   #91
Senior - BHPian

Visited Vaahan Yatra today. The exhibition was just average, mainly display of OEM cars.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 9th December 2007 at 19:25.
Old 9th December 2007, 19:24   #92
BANNED

Been there met fellow BHPins along with Sam but was with my kid so didnt get chance to take pics with the "Other twin's".
This year also nothing was special, been there in 2004 and skipped 2005 again went in 2006 and this time just coz of Sam.
Old 9th December 2007, 22:23   #93
Senior - BHPian

Was at the VY ,I was wondering there are only two Swifts there at JBL, so what's all the fuzz about two pairs of twins Sam was talking about .But then came Sam along with the other pair
Totally bowled over by the twins (OK I'm talking about the Swifts,the evil twins, so don't get any other ideas). Sam, the sound was just awesome although it still have the signature brightness of JBL.Me and my friend were just talking nothing else but the awesome thunderous music of the Evil twins after the VY[and actually JBL showroom was the only saving grace].We actually thought that the mass of air thrown back by the subs will be enough to move the cars, he he.
Old 10th December 2007, 02:29   #94
Senior - BHPian

Could not make it, because of the mishap to my car. Well, there is always another time !
Old 10th December 2007, 09:21   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Souljah, Ajmat, Sam, Aditya

Old 10th December 2007, 11:47   #96
Senior - BHPian

pardon my ignorance, but I can see couple of faces repeated (except Sam!), I'm just trying to understand if these guys are upto nothing (professionaly) that they go ahead with every meet whether inter-city or intra-city OR these guys are related to the car audio industry (hence touring) OR they are filthy rich (like rags) to blow up their (or their Dads) hard earned money, wasting time OR is it a part of the organized show (TBhp sponsoring) OR what is it?

I'm clueless.... Can someone care to explain??
panky12345 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th December 2007, 12:00   #97
BHPian

My quick trip-report:

As soon as I entered the exhibition area, the first thing that came to my mind was: Man, this place is crowded!

Checked out the new Tata Safari, just to see how the beige interiors are. Next stop is Maruti: The Maruti guy was keen on making a spotaneous sale. But, I was done with my grocery shopping in the morning. So, I move on.

Proceeded to the JBL stall, said hi to the t-bhpians there. Sadly, they are taking a break. Sam says they will start at about 3:00-3:15. I look into his watch and it shows 2:35. So, I move on to see rest of the stuff.

Next stop is the Yamaha stall. The MT with its V-block captivates me. I am admiring the beauty of the bike, when a booth bunny springs up and asks “May I help you sir?”. I look around and see people all over the place posing with the bikes and doing what not. Why did she single me out? Anyway, I ask: “Can I take this home in exchange with my Tata-Safari? How much would I need to pay more?” I don’t know why she doesn’t understand my business proposal and disappears…

Move on to the Stanley stall, its nice and dark inside. With the dark environs, I wonder how these guys protect the exhibition girls from being molested by the unruly crowd?

As most of the guys have mentioned, the rest of the show was all OEM cars and accessesories. Yeah, there was a Reva without a Top which looked cute. Placed in the same stall was a DC contraption which made Reva look even more wierd. DC, you could have spared the toy car atleast!

I flip open my phone and see the time: It is 2:50, the JBL guys (and gals) will take a while to start. The afternoon heat and crowd isn't making the wait any more pleasant. So, I log-out. May be, I will meet the twins some other time .

Last edited by Su-47 : 10th December 2007 at 12:14.
Old 10th December 2007, 12:37   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
pardon my ignorance, but I can see couple of faces repeated (except Sam!), I'm just trying to understand if these guys are upto nothing (professionaly) that they go ahead with every meet whether inter-city or intra-city OR these guys are related to the car audio industry (hence touring) OR they are filthy rich (like rags) to blow up their (or their Dads) hard earned money, wasting time OR is it a part of the organized show (TBhp sponsoring) OR what is it?

Out of interest, why would it matter to you if they were wasting their life/profession/dad's money/their own money?
Old 10th December 2007, 12:42   #99

where are the other pics guys???
Old 10th December 2007, 12:42   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Dont be clueless, answer is simple and straightforward. they are passionate enough to put the effort and enjoy it. Most of them are actually managing their profession quite well
Old 10th December 2007, 12:46   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
panky12345 : pardon my ignorance, but I can see couple of faces repeated ...

Coincidence, may be ? Wait - may be more than coincidences. There was this thing about body doubles and some weird happenings. @Zak, any idea what's happening here ?
Old 10th December 2007, 12:47   #102
Senior - BHPian

boring except for the 4x4 twins eh?

and the story related my new signature.

Can someone tell us whats it all about please..Zakji...
Old 10th December 2007, 12:55   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
pardon my ignorance...OR they are filthy rich (like rags)..OR is it a part of the organized show (TBhp sponsoring)
a) No one need explain the presense at any show or any number of shows.

b) Panky, there is no need to single out any TBHP member. This would be ground for an infraction (which you will receive).

c) TBHP is not connected to Vaahan Yatra. TBHP is a strictly non-commercial organisation/website.
Old 10th December 2007, 12:57   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
boring except for the 4x4 twins eh?

and the story related my new signature.

Can someone tell us whats it all about please..Zakji...

JK das is getting real horny ??
Old 10th December 2007, 13:57   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
JK das is getting real horny ??
He got married very recently didnt he?? Hmmmm.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks