Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 02:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Made this provisional poster.
Attached Thumbnails
Gran Turismo 4 Meet : 15th March 08 - Mumbai-untitled220copy.jpg  

Last edited by Shan2nu : 12th March 2008 at 02:28.
Old 12th March 2008, 03:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

i am still in the process of unlocking the cars.
@Shan2nu whats the best statergy to unlock all of them? I am trying to complete the licences and most of my times are silver.
Old 12th March 2008, 03:23   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
i had already completed close to 5000 laps of the ring so it wasn't that diff for me.
5000+ Laps of the green hell!!!! ..and I thought I was addicted to GT4.. LOL
Old 12th March 2008, 06:34   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Pick a track thats neither too short nor too long, is known to most people and has some technical corners.
Might i suggest (a personal favourite) - Trial Mountain!! -- however, people who have never seen GT4 wont be familiar with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
Tsukuba is good for juniors like me.
Although i think you must be joking about the "juniors like me" part, i will agree that Tsukuba is GOOD for BEGINNERS because its a short circuit, which means that a newbie can figure out the track layout and remember the corners in less time than it would take for another track (godforbid nurburgring - have enough trouble remembering the spelling ). After the newbie is familiar with the track, then it is a lot easier to improve their racing technique.

One of the first GT4 tracks i ever played seriously was Tsukuba when shan2nu had come over. The short track did make it a lot easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
5000+ Laps of the green hell!!!! ..and I thought I was addicted to GT4.. LOL
Obviously you have never met Shan2nu!! When he visited bombay, he brought his PS2 with him!! lol

OT: but i am in the process of stealing a PS2 from some friends... i have 2 copies of GT4 lying in the house, but no PS2 !!

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th March 2008 at 06:36.
Old 12th March 2008, 11:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One of the first GT4 tracks i ever played seriously was Tsukuba when shan2nu had come over. The short track did make it a lot easier.
LOL, it looked more like "Demolishion Derby" than GT4 with each of us trying to get track position over the other.

Quote:
Might i suggest (a personal favourite) - Trial Mountain!! -- however, people who have never seen GT4 wont be familiar with it.
I dunno what it is about "Trial Mountain" but even the Blore GT4 guys seem to like this one the best. TM + Spoon S2000 = bliss to them!!!

Quote:
Obviously you have never met Shan2nu!! When he visited bombay, he brought his PS2 with him!! lol
Haha, yeah i carry my PS2 everywhere i go. Last track day in Chennai, we got hooked onto GT4 at Ashwin Sundar's house and boy what an experience it was.

Woke up at 7am the next morning to find Ashwin still playing Trial Mountain on his 98th straight lap!!! Damn, he should try getting into "24hr Le Man" or sumthin. LOL

Quote:
OT: but i am in the process of stealing a PS2 from some friends... i have 2 copies of GT4 lying in the house, but no PS2 !!
R those Pal or NTSC versions?

Shan2nu
Old 12th March 2008, 11:38   #36
BHPian

like on the xbox live we can hook up and play against other people who have a xbox, is the same not possible with the ps2??

@ shan2nu - i would like to learn how you made the poster please.
Old 12th March 2008, 13:12   #37
BHPian

ok guys there is a connectivity option in the ps2.Anybody wanna shed some light on how we can connect online and play?
Btw shan2nu thts an awesome poster for the meet.
About Tsukuba i just said its my fav,but for most who know the track we enjoy MIDFIELD.
Dan lalan is just unbeatable on tht track with an audi R8..But just with tht car.
Nitroxx is pretty good on the ring,while most newbies in the list there usually race on the tokyo r246 track.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th March 2008 at 23:19. Reason: tht = that. Please take the time to type your posts in full words.
Old 12th March 2008, 13:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
like on the xbox live we can hook up and play against other people who have a xbox, is the same not possible with the ps2??
Should be possible to link two PS2s' with an ethernet cable.

Quote:
@ shan2nu - i would like to learn how you made the poster please.
If you're familiar with Photoshop, just try this :

Open a new file (A3 Size), download a few GT4 images from the net and copy them onto the opened file. Lay them out the way you want them and start deleting the portion of the gt4 images that you don't need.

Whether you make it colourful or monochrome, depends on you.

These are the images i used for the poster, just play around with them n you'l get it.
Attached Thumbnails
Gran Turismo 4 Meet : 15th March 08 - Mumbai-nurberg3.jpg  

Gran Turismo 4 Meet : 15th March 08 - Mumbai-nurberg2.jpg  

Gran Turismo 4 Meet : 15th March 08 - Mumbai-kmy04.jpg  

Gran Turismo 4 Meet : 15th March 08 - Mumbai-kdj01.jpg  

Gran Turismo 4 Meet : 15th March 08 - Mumbai-evo-lancer-wrc.jpg  

Gran Turismo 4 Meet : 15th March 08 - Mumbai-xcj02.jpg  

Old 12th March 2008, 13:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dan lalan is just unbeatable on tht track with an audi R8..But just with tht car.
Nitroxx is pretty good on the ring,while most newbies in the list there usually race on the tokyo r246 track.
Good to know theres gonna be some serious competition. Will be looking forward to the lap times. Btw, i don't think i've unlocked Audi R8 as yet.

Shan2nu
Old 12th March 2008, 13:40   #40
F50
Senior - BHPian

Wow, interesting game! The fact that I have never played GT, I would love to attend this meet and see what exactly the game is all about!! Time & Venue please
Old 12th March 2008, 18:06   #41
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
ok guys there is a connectivity option in the ps2.Anybody wanna shed some light on how we can connect online and play?
Dude we dont have the original version of the game, we play copies and need sonys link to play :( so..its just timings for now.
Old 12th March 2008, 18:13   #42
aZa
Senior - BHPian

GT4 allows lan gameplay but there is a work around available online that allows u to play GT4 over the internet.

here is the link
Old 12th March 2008, 18:16   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

GT4 sounds interesting. But, i noticed it is for PS2. I think next version of it is coming this month for the PS3 version. What's it name? GT5?

I have recently bought the F1 2008 Championship series for PS3 but, still haven't got the time to play it. How is F1 compared to GT4?

Btw, i am totally enjoying playing Ratchet & Clank-TOD. It is one of the best games for PS3
Old 12th March 2008, 18:35   #44
BHPian

Quote:

I dunno what it is about "Trial Mountain" but even the Blore GT4 guys seem to like this one the best. TM + Spoon S2000 = bliss to them!!!

Haha, yeah i carry my PS2 everywhere i go. Last track day in Chennai, we got hooked onto GT4 at Ashwin Sundar's house and boy what an experience it was.

Woke up at 7am the next morning to find Ashwin still playing Trial Mountain on his 98th straight lap!!! Damn, he should try getting into "24hr Le Man" or sumthin. LOL
Shan2nu
Yup Spoon S2K+trial mountain=1.21.4

Ashwin Sundar's house thing was funny. Shan2nu set a lap time in the night and we wake up in the morning with Ashwin playing lap 98 and still ~2 seconds off Shan2nu's timing.
Old 12th March 2008, 19:17   #45
Senior - BHPian

Some how even i still cant beat that time. Althought i think its slow(MIDFIELD) and can shave a couple of seconds off the timing ive done..

I love love the tokyo Track. I think its just simply awesome. If iam not mistaken i think(not sure) timing is in the 1.10's. With the formula 1 car. Although its a closed track and many NEWBIES use the wall as support. it think using the walls slows you down more.

Another track i like is the SEATTLE track. Pretty nice. Some tight corners but you got to get it just right to get a good time.

Remember try the 24hrs N'ring. Took me 3 days to complete it. Of course not NONSTOP.

Venue for this saturdays meet: My place.
Time: 5:00pm
Where is my place? Pm me for address.

Or

Anyone who has a big Screen, then we can change the venue to that place.

Also wanted to know in Two player mode. Is there a like a catch up option...cause no matter how much work you do to say ahead somehow and someway the p2 always catches up. and no its not becuase i make mistakes or anything. But ive always noticed this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks