Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2008, 09:39   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
So far the total number of people coming to the meet is 8. Two more(yet to confirm) are expected to join.

Initially we were expecting 6, that DOESNT MEAN some people will be DROPPED but i request some co-operation. Our farm supervisor(a relative of ours) will be taking care of the cooking part, i dont want to burden him so we will also buy some food on the way to the farm in a hotel, its the best in Nalgonda.

Ice for chilling the beer can also be bought there itself and also the beer.

raj.
raj why dont we keep the beers in my car.
we can try to keep the beers very chilled
Old 24th May 2008, 13:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Guys, thanks for the invite, but I cannot make it, as summer travel is not my cup of tea.
Have fun. Will surely join in future trips when the weather gets better.cheers:

Last edited by vnabhi : 24th May 2008 at 13:58.
Old 25th May 2008, 00:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

Final Plan.

Date: 25th May, sunday.
Meeting time: 8:00 AM.
Meeting Place: Himayathnagar
Destination: Nalgonda, my farm house.
Agenda: small drive of 120 km and lunch with country chicken and mutton with fresh kallu.

Confirmed list:
1. kkr2k2 ( Raj)
2. mezereo(Sriram, Chevy Spark)
3. theodore_ftw ( Amit)
4. huntrz(Naveen, Palio 1.2)
5. Mobike008(Avinash, Accent Viva CRDi) + 1
7. furioussphynx ( Sagar)
8. Suren181(verna crdi)
9. D-Ryver- Joined tbhp yesterday and yet to be approved ( Ravi Kanduri, Baleno Altura)
10. Zenopio (swift vdi)
Old 26th May 2008, 10:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

One line story.

We all met, drove to farm house, had food and drink, we all came back.

PS: Hope no body is having trouble with their nozzles, free flow, throttle....
Old 26th May 2008, 12:15   #20
BHPian

Quote:

Drink part was fine...Only problem was the intake of too much chillies and spices (mutton and natu kodi) which was felt in the morning .

Awaiting pictures from the all the professional photographers!
Old 26th May 2008, 14:15   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

May 25 Meet-Cum-Drive Report

It was a nice meet! Let me give a brief snapshot of what transpired during the meet. We headed out at 8:30AM and before i start my short story about the meet, it was nice to see Theodre_ftw turn up for the meet in a lovely white t-shirt with the TBHP Logo ( what you see on the homepage) bang in the front and his tbhp handle at the back. Nice idea bro, we need to get this done for all of us.

By 9:30am we reached the highway and stopped at 10:00am to have some nice south indian breakfast ( Masala Dosa with negligible masala inside-Pooris and one of the finest tea i had it here). So after filling the tummies, we left at 10:30am and reached Nalgonda at 12:30pm.

We had an amazing time during the drive as we swapped each other's car and it was really fun to drive Suren181's powerful verna. I was also surprised after driving the Chevy Spark as i found it decently powerful and fun to drive. Only gripe was the placement of the pedals ( very incovenient) and the steering wheel. Other than that, its quite nice.

We had Zenopio ( Viju) and his brother in a brand new silver Swift VDi ( with lovely alloys and spoiler) and they were flying on the highway. Zenopio, do drive slow, got a whole life ahead to drive!

After reaching Nalgonda ( 100kms) we stopped at a nice,dark bar which was very cold due to right AC temparature ( as it was blo*** hot outside) and had some chilled beers and snacks and moved out at 1:30pm and carried some more beers and lots of grub ( Palak Paneer, Chilly Chicken, Veg Biryani, 2 Butter Chicken, C.Drumsticks etc) and after crossing some 10kms which was more or less off roading type of road we reached the farm house ( which is about 30 acres of open land, trees, lots of hens and cocks and we also found lot of cranes flocking around a small watering hole) we found four 1.5 litre bottles of Kallu waiting for us and everyone gulped a few glasses and laced it with some more beers and finally had our lunch ( apart from what we bought outside, there was home cooked extremely spicy dry mutton curry, country chicken curry and rice made in a large vessel).

Whew! so much of food and liquor ( blurp! blurp!- Had a tough time digesting all that) we went bonkers and finished almost all of it. As usual, the most fun part was the one-liners and humorous anecdotes by Suren181. Suren buddy, it was nice to have you after a long time.

Return was quite peaceful with Theodre_ftw and Mitesh snoring peacefully at the back and me and Ravi yapping about our work and the time flew, except for the ghastly traffic ( we headed out from the farmhouse at 5pm and reached home at 8pm-all this for 120 kms) and one of worst part was we had to wait for almost 25 minutes on a signal right outside the city suburbs for some VVIP movement or something.

The 120 odd kms was reached in 3 hours as the traffic on NH9 was really nasty ( especially while coming back) and we could hardly touch 100kmph but while going we did reasonably good speeds with me and probably the Verna, VDI ( imagine even while in its running-in period) touching 150kmph.

OK, as i wanted to keep it short and sweet, that's all i have to report and we will let some pictures do the talking shortly. Raj, Sagar, please post up the pictures at the earliest.

Cheers
Avinash

Last edited by mobike008 : 26th May 2008 at 14:19.
Old 26th May 2008, 16:36   #22

Hi Guys

Joined TBHP last week, yet to do a formal intro of myself on the appropriate thread and already exprienced my first outing with the folks here

I must say, it was one of the best drives and time I have had. Not for the drive in itself - but for the company and camraderie. Raj - ever the accomplished host & landlord - very impressed with the way everything was organized at the farm.

The drive - as Avinash mentioned - was ok on the way out and less than exciting on the way back.

Great to have made acquaintance with Suren, Mitesh, Raj, Amit, Naveen, Viju & his bro, Sagar and Sriram. Looking forward to joining in on more action and meeting more folks.

Best,
~Ravi
Old 26th May 2008, 16:58   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Ryver View Post
Hi Guys

Joined TBHP last week, yet to do a formal intro of myself on the appropriate thread and already exprienced my first outing with the folks here
Welcome Ravi. Your lucky as many people are members of the forum for a long long time and have to yet attend a do. I think it only takes keeness and nothing else.

Hope to see you around on many more threads. Please introduce yourself and do not forget to read the board rules
Old 26th May 2008, 17:42   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It was a nice meet! Let me give a brief snapshot of what transpired during the meet. We headed out at 8:30AM and before i start my short story about the meet, it was nice to see Theodre_ftw turn up for the meet in a lovely white t-shirt with the TBHP Logo ( what you see on the homepage) bang in the front and his tbhp handle at the back. Nice idea bro, we need to get this done for all of us.
Not sure if someone got the pics of my T-Shirt but just FYI they can be ordered online at Myntra - Your Style Factory. Costed me INR350 + S&H (Total cost < INR400). You can design your own T-Shirt there and add/reduce what ever graphics you want to. For those who saw me wearing the T-Shirt at the meet, i can design the same ones with your handles on them and have them shipped to your place directly. That would at least keep the uniformity of the T-Shirt between us. Of course you are all welcome to create and print your own designs.

Just wanted to add a few lines on the Verna CRDe that i was fortunate enough to drive.

Initially when Mobike008 was driving, he had some placement issues (placing his rear end) with the seats so i was offered to drive it, which i promptly took up. I did of course have to make changes to the seating (since Suren is comparatively shorter) but once i got comfy in the seats it was a mid blowing experience. The Turbo suddenly kicks in at about 1600 RPM and then you just experience a pull and then you see the Speedometer going from 30ish to 60ish in just a few secs! At 110BHP it was a breeze to overtake. Forget about the downshifting, this baby will let you overtake without the need to downshift anymore. I have not seen this kind of power/response, especially from a Diesel engine in a long time. I dont think i need to metion anything about the cabin noise cuz there was none! Post driving the Verna, Mobike008 has finally decided to Pete his ride which i am looking forward to.

All in all a good meet. The only problem we faced was the traffic on the way back. At least Mobike008 got in by 8ish, but then i had to crawl through bumper to bumper traffic at Lumbini Park. I think i would have made better time if i had walked that stretch! Oh yes, it was HOT as hell but the Verna chilled out everything for us.
Old 26th May 2008, 17:43   #25
BHPian

A big thanks to Raj for arranging this meet. Great job bro.

It was a lovely meet. The drive was excellent, the Meat was succulent and no the Kallu didnt make me flatulent.

It was nice to have met some members whom I had missed out before Mitesh, Ravi, Amit, Naveen, Viju's bro and Sriram.

Raj, Sagar, Viju, Avi nice to see you guys again. Hope to see you all more often than before, now on.

It was good fun and would like to do it all over again. Thank god for Raj's perseverance I did make it even though I had just driven down from Pune on Saturday. Good that I did not laze around the house doing nothing, eventhough I am/was Home Alone.

Now, where is the cameraman cum scriptwriter when you need him the most?
Old 26th May 2008, 20:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Oye Suren. What about your Volvo story?
Enssooyment. I think its very hot there.
Raj, where are the pics?
Old 26th May 2008, 21:47   #27
BHPian

That was a fantastic meet.. kudos to Raj's excellent organizing skills which included a wake up sms as well.. Everything was well thought out and planned.. The spicy mutton and country chicken were simply awesome.. and yes kallu, the attraction of the meet, was superb as well..

Suren, Avi and Raj made the meet all the more memorable with their remarkable sense of humor and thereby putting everyone at ease..

Quote:

didn't have full throttle but it did clean the digestive system(medicinal affects you see) and also had an excellent sleep in the night.. hadn't slept this well since months..

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th May 2008 at 22:31. Reason: Hi, please use only a single punctuation mark at a time, not double.. Thanks.
Old 27th May 2008, 07:21   #28
BANNED

that was a fantastic meeet guys.....enjoyed

hehehe ya avi will keeep that in mind..
Old 27th May 2008, 08:31   #29
BHPian

nice meet guys. had a great time with you all.
raj, thanks for all the arrangments

what happened to all the photographers
Old 27th May 2008, 10:47   #30
Senior - BHPian

looks like you guys had a great time.

Avi- peted accent? hmmm....that should be fun!

catch you guys in the next meet!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks