Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2008, 12:32   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post

@ BP - how come you are online - you didnt go to work?
yes, I have come to work and have got access to internet a few minutes back. I am able to log in to client network and this is even better than my previous project as I am able to log in to yahoo as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
are you sure Sumitro will do that? i dont think so but at the of the day - Thank god it was the Jeep.
yes, I am really lucky that I had got the jeep that day. My baleno would not have been able to bear that sort of impact. But even then I am feeling unhappy for my Jeep
Old 18th June 2008, 12:34   #77
Senior - BHPian

the jeep has the following features:

1. HVAC - heating (in summer) ventilation (during monsoon) Air-conditioning (during winter)
2. All time suicide doors.
3. Emergency exits (right, left, rear)
4. Dont mess with me - look (uhm! not always)

@ Polished Dome - arey just kidding yaar! no hard feelings - drive safe and take care of your Jeep & BP
Old 18th June 2008, 12:35   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Exactly! That Jeep has a smoke screen too!
enough is enough.. I will not take any more comments on my white beauty lightly
Old 18th June 2008, 12:45   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Sir, off white beauty.
Old 18th June 2008, 13:15   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and last but not the least its cheap to maintain
Cheaper to maintain than a Baleno ???

Quote:
and can go anywhere, ok almost anywhere :-)
do I need to elaborate anymore on what purpose it will serve me??
anywhere BP, are you sure !!
can it do the same journeys which your BP did (Vizag, hyd, Darjeeling etc)?

Anyway, looks like you are in deep love with it. Enjoy the ride in the water logged streets of Kolkata

Abhi
Old 18th June 2008, 13:19   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry read this post now, No Comments further on your Sundori, "Shubhro Sundori" aka White Beauty

Abhi
Old 18th June 2008, 13:40   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
anywhere BP, are you sure !!
can it do the same journeys which your BP did (Vizag, hyd, Darjeeling etc)?
you are right that this Jeep in its present condition will not be the suitable for long distance high speed travels, but if I am able to do her up she will able to go to places where the Baleno can't. I have always thought of maintaining two different types of cars which can serve two different purposes, one a sedan that can go moderately fast and is comfortable and an UV/SUV that can take me to any place I like. Hopefully I will be able to save some money to make this jeep reliable and somewhat comfy and also convert it to 4x4 so that it can go to most of the places.
Old 18th June 2008, 13:42   #83
Team-BHP Support

So its actually a thing that you have bought? Ummm... how much did you pay for it? You are one whimsical person for sure.
Old 18th June 2008, 14:33   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hopefully I will be able to save some money to make this jeep reliable and somewhat comfy and also convert it to 4x4 so that it can go to most of the places.
Arre bhai, you could have bought a nice 4X4 Dicor 2.2VTT (or Scorpio, Innova GV etc), could have saved a lot of time, energy, money and moreover it would have been more reliable for you ANYWHERE trip. Isnt it?

I personally dont like polluting the already badly polluted kolkata (with those diesel Amby and wooden buses) with yet another Jeep. Moreover Kolkata is not a hilly terrain (like where Samurai lives, the place calls of a Jeep), there is almost no place there where other cannot go and the Jeep can go !!

Pls dont take me otherwise, just My 2 cents Brother!! I dont want your hard earned/saved money to go for a toss on this Sundori.

Abhi
Old 18th June 2008, 16:26   #85
BHPian

Ha ha ha, So many unsaid things untold things. Hmmmm
I promise to myself I would show more respect to any Mahindra vehicle from now on.
But stock balena huh?
Old 18th June 2008, 17:26   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
yes. but everyone knows what happened.

Quote:
I promise to myself I would show more respect to any Mahindra vehicle from now on.
what about showing your respect to ANY/ALL vehicles on the road - forget vehicles - what about respect to the drivers?

Quote:
But stock balena huh?
yes!

Last edited by planet_rocker : 18th June 2008 at 17:27.
Old 19th June 2008, 01:51   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
So its actually a thing that you have bought? Ummm... how much did you pay for it? You are one whimsical person for sure.
I paid 55K for it and then spent some more on new tyres and battery. I may be whimsical but this was not by whim. It has been a long time plan to get hold of a Jeep or a Gypsy or even a Land Rover. This jeep may not be to the likings of tbhpians at least in the present condition, but I promise that I will make every possible effort to convert her into a nice reliable fun to drive offroader... and whatever may be the response of people towards her, I have already started liking this simple vehicle.. in fact I am becoming addicted to driving her whenever possible
Old 19th June 2008, 02:01   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But stock balena huh?
I dont know why you are so ignorant about cars which you dont drive or even the ones you do. The stock skoda 1.9 tdi is not a car to race with a stock baleno. You may be a very good driver and you might be able to reach from point A to point B in a 1.9 tdi faster than a Baleno with an average driver, but that does not prove that 1.9 tdi is faster than a baleno. Dont take this so seriously and personally. It is not your fault that the 1.9 tdi is not faster than a Baleno.
And as Planet has mentioned, it is not that only Mahindra vehicles should be respected....

Last edited by BlackPearl : 19th June 2008 at 02:13.
Old 19th June 2008, 10:40   #89
BHPian

Quote:
I dont know why you are so ignorant about cars which you dont drive or even the ones you do. The stock skoda 1.9 tdi is not a car to race with a stock baleno. You may be a very good driver and you might be able to reach from point A to point B in a 1.9 tdi faster than a Baleno with an average driver, but that does not prove that 1.9 tdi is faster than a baleno. Dont take this so seriously and personally. It is not your fault that the 1.9 tdi is not faster than a Baleno.
And as Planet has mentioned, it is not that only Mahindra vehicles should be respected....

On track a high revving baleno may be way faster but on highway where in gear accelearation is more needed than top range. I have the facts and figures supporting that octy 1.9 tdi is faster than stock baleno in in gear acceleration in mid range.

I reached from point A to point B not faster but way faster. And for your enlightment I know and don't need reminder that it's not my fault or credit that any car is faster than any other car.

As planet said I do have respect to other vehicles, drivers on road but expect the same back. I do love my car and other cars as well that's why I am in this forum. I am here for my love for automobile and that's not includes just my possessions. And if my love for car is being questioned then I don't think I am in the right place in the right time.

And it's good to know that everybody knows what happened and how as Planet mentioned.
Old 19th June 2008, 11:33   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As planet said I do have respect to other vehicles, drivers on road but expect the same back.
thanks. i hope you understand the main idea for these meets - you have lots of addas - but to prove your (or any) point please use your convincing power - i hope you get what i am trying to say.

Quote:
I do love my car and other cars as well that's why I am in this forum. I am here for my love for automobile and that's not includes just my possessions. And if my love for car is being questioned then I don't think I am in the right place in the right time.
are you sure that you love your car? then why ...?

Quote:
And it's good to know that everybody knows what happened and how as Planet mentioned.
thanks! but hope you will Behave

Please go through this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...able-meet.html i am sure you will find it a good read

@ BlackPearl - get back to work - use Navaratna cool tel and get a head job! - you have your facts right so chill dude!

Last edited by planet_rocker : 19th June 2008 at 11:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks