Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2008, 12:06   #91
Senior - BHPian

bapre baap ki hochhe !!
sinhsha cheers: BP

But Why? so sinsha, guess you are the one, How much was the damages to TDi?

Abhi
Old 19th June 2008, 12:41   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
On track a high revving baleno may be way faster but on highway where in gear accelearation is more needed than top range. I have the facts and figures supporting that octy 1.9 tdi is faster than stock baleno in in gear acceleration in mid range.
ok lets leave this point out as it is not going to get us anywhere and we are not here to race on public roads.

Quote:
I reached from point A to point B not faster but way faster. And for your enlightment I know and don't need reminder that it's not my fault or credit that any car is faster than any other car.
Yes, you reached way earlier and I have heard from other tbhpians that you started way earlier. And also heard from them how you drove the entire stretch.

Quote:
As planet said I do have respect to other vehicles, drivers on road but expect the same back.
There was no way that I could understand that you had respect for my vehicle. In fact it was me who braked instinctively to avoid the collision when I saw you turning the wheels. But there was not enough gap between the jeep and me_sid's baleno for the bulky skoda to get through. And the me_sid was extremely lucky that the octy's left fender did not hit his newly acquired baleno. The Jeep came out almost unscathed from the collision barring a bent bumper, but the baleno's loss would have been substantial if it had been hit. In fact I have taken this incident quite lightly as the damages incurred were minimal, but I doubt that it would be the same if my BlackPearl had been hit in the same way. Anyway, there is no point brooding over this and we can all take it as a lesson learnt.
Old 19th June 2008, 15:26   #93
BHPian

I have limited experience of driving ( may be an experience of 14yrs and only 2.8 lacs of km with few types of Indian cars ) and have been able to keep all my cars scratch-less over the entire period of driving.. most of them still have the original paint work even after 8 years of extensive usage. Every time I am on my wheels I learn something new.

However, I should say that Blackpearl's reflex was absolutely instantaneous which prohibited a white skoda 1.9TDI exterior dimensions being grossly modified ..holds true for the jeep too..

me_sid, my elder brother also happens to be very lucky with his new Baleno.. congrats brother..

I am astounded to see (since I was occupying the co-driver's seat in the jeep) .. how a Skoda Octavia 1.9TDI managed to squeeze its body through a space which was just marginal space for a Maruti 800 to pass by.. the credit entirely goes to the owner (sinhsha) behind the wheels of Skoda..
Old 19th June 2008, 17:39   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
ok lets leave this point out as it is not going to get us anywhere and we are not here to race on public roads.

Yes, you reached way earlier and I have heard from other tbhpians that you started way earlier. And also heard from them how you drove the entire stretch.

There was no way that I could understand that you had respect for my vehicle. In fact it was me who braked instinctively to avoid the collision when I saw you turning the wheels. But there was not enough gap between the jeep and me_sid's baleno for the bulky skoda to get through. And the me_sid was extremely lucky that the octy's left fender did not hit his newly acquired baleno. The Jeep came out almost unscathed from the collision barring a bent bumper, but the baleno's loss would have been substantial if it had been hit. In fact I have taken this incident quite lightly as the damages incurred were minimal, but I doubt that it would be the same if my BlackPearl had been hit in the same way. Anyway, there is no point brooding over this and we can all take it as a lesson learnt.
Sure as hell that I am lucky, couple of points, Santanu (Sinsha) STOCK SCODA is FASTER than STOCK BALENO. Quarrel over????? I think we are acting a little stupid out here, are we kids for christ's sake?? Mines better than yours kind of thing??? What happened is most unfortunate and shouldnt have taken place , I think all of us agree on that point.Had it been my baby, then you would have had quite a lot to shell of my brother. Lucky for you too. Lesson learnt....... dont fight with a Baleno. God's watching and he aint HAPPY
Old 19th June 2008, 21:19   #95
BHPian

Sorry guys for bringing up the Jeep topic. Its already very hot in Kolkata, I guess. Lets not heat it up any more.

BP: I know your love for cars and I am sure, one day this Jeep will transform into something more beautiful. I believe its capable enough in its 2WD form. Once you have done the mods, why not take it up to Sikkim once more and take on the off-roads that you always wished, but could not earlier, in your Baleno/Alto.
Old 19th June 2008, 21:37   #96
Senior - BHPian

And BP, you MUST ICE the jeep someday

Btw, I recall quite a lot of cameras in action that day. Can we have some more snaps pleeeeaaaasssse?
Old 19th June 2008, 22:37   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
Sorry guys for bringing up the Jeep topic. Its already very hot in Kolkata, I guess. Lets not heat it up any more.

BP: I know your love for cars and I am sure, one day this Jeep will transform into something more beautiful. I believe its capable enough in its 2WD form. Once you have done the mods, why not take it up to Sikkim once more and take on the off-roads that you always wished, but could not earlier, in your Baleno/Alto.
yup, I plan to take it for Leh-Ladakh-Kargil trip someday

[quote=shuvc]
And BP, you MUST ICE the jeep someday
[quote]

I have got hold of an old radio but dont know where to put up the speakers .... lol

Last edited by BlackPearl : 19th June 2008 at 22:39.
Old 19th June 2008, 22:46   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post

I recall quite a lot of cameras in action that day. Can we have some more snaps pleeeeaaaasssse?
I second that!
I missed it out due to work,would love to be part of a meet next time.So guys more pictures,if you please.
Old 20th June 2008, 09:52   #99
BHPian

Call for Deep............. Your D80 and 10-20mm/105mm was on hypermode, why dont you resize those 10mb files and post a few out here..else
Old 20th June 2008, 10:59   #100
BHPian

hey guys I'am back..but offcourse not with a bang...sorry for posting after such a long time...I was just going through the pics of the meet and I must say too bad that I had to give it a miss...but then again i'am sure you guys must have had an amazing time...count on me for the next meet...I know I always say this but next time I'am going to make sure that I'am there...once again awesome pics...infact Nos Power was telling me that it was the biggest Tbhp Kolkata meet so far...
Old 20th June 2008, 11:06   #101
Senior - BHPian

this meet was the biggest in terms of member (17) & car (12) counts but not the best (remember Santiniketan Drive / Raid-de-Rajarhat (twice))

quite a few pics have been uploaded in the previous posts.
Old 20th June 2008, 11:33   #102
BHPian

I think the best meet was at ShuvDs place. More than 10 members and 0 cars. That was my first.

@shuvd: Can we have something similar again?
@razor: I guess you were planning to have a party at your new place. When is that?
Old 20th June 2008, 11:48   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooooooom View Post
I think the best meet was at ShuvDs place. More than 10 members and 0 cars. That was my first.
oh! how did i forget about that? i came back home at 4am. i usually have to be back home by 12am. my cars needs to be home by 11.30pm (the GTX) and 7pm (the padmini) - those of you who missed - please search wettest meet in the meet section. the best part was that there were only two cars and IIRC the drivers didnt booz that nite.

Quote:
@shuvd: Can we have something similar again?
@razor: I guess you were planning to have a party at your new place. When is that?
Again
Old 20th June 2008, 12:02   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
the best part was that there were only two cars and IIRC the drivers didnt booz that nite.
I think you forgot Ported Head was there with BP. We got a ride back home in his Baleno. I guess Razor won't forget that stretch from Jadavpur PS to bypass. I dont remember whether BP had a drink or not Did you BP?
Old 20th June 2008, 12:23   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think you forgot Ported Head was there with BP. We got a ride back home in his Baleno. I guess Razor won't forget that stretch from Jadavpur PS to bypass. I dont remember whether BP had a drink or not Did you BP?
wrong - he is Polished Dome / Shaved Head / Polished Head / BOOOOM

PD had Pepsi IIRC.

we are going

Last edited by planet_rocker : 20th June 2008 at 12:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks