Team-BHP - Golden Quadrilateral /PAN India "T-BHP Relay Meet"
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Team-BHP Meet Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/)
-   -   Golden Quadrilateral /PAN India "T-BHP Relay Meet" (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/45374-golden-quadrilateral-pan-india-t-bhp-relay-meet-6.html)

Ha, no updates.

Khan Bhai, what happened? Seems your are busy with the rece for Saklespur.

Please do update this thread with the discussion/outcome of the *STAR* meet. :)

Just reached office and have lots to catchup with.

Quote:

Seems your are busy with the rece for Saklespur.
yes, came back ~12.30 in night.

Will post the details very very soon. Give me time to have b-fast :-)

Cheers,

Here is the high level summary of the GQ plan. (Am not writing the various other alternate plans etc that were discussed)
I think , that's it. Please add if I have missed something here.

Nice to know that this is taking shape.
Regarding ban-mum stretch, i suggest route via goa so that there will be big meet of bangy, mumbai and pune guys.
I am in for this relay for some stretch if possible.

Well thats a good idea but will surly take longer to do the same because you will have to go off the highway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD (Post 986539)
Nice to know that this is taking shape.
Regarding ban-mum stretch, i suggest route via goa so that there will be big meet of bangy, mumbai and pune guys.
I am in for this relay for some stretch if possible.

Ashish, Goa might be out of question as of now. This has come up in discussions but members felt if we enter Goa then lot of time might get wasted. Let's see the outcome and then decide the route.

Probably as Khan bhai mentioned, Goa-T-Bhpians can drive down near GQ and we can have a meet, before proceeding.

Friends,

The GQ drive will stick to the GQ. No going off the GQ. Whatever cities/places come on the way, the meets can happen ONLY there. Folks from nearby places can come there.

Also, the approx duration of a meet may NOT be more than 1-2 hrs approx (for the GQ drivers, unless they are staying at that place overnight). The local folks, folks who have come from nearby can carry on with the meets up to whatever time/duration they like.

Cheers,

Will also an approximate budget be worked out?

Drive will be on hub-and-spoke concept. All those outside the GQ join the GQ at the most convenient point either for a meet or to join the longer drive. For example, Kerala members, join up in Bangalore. Goa guys, join up in Hubli-Dharwad, Hyderabad guys join in either Hubli or Vijaywada, and so on.

Pooling is an appropriate way to share the driving (long days, 12-15 hours) and share costs too.

Budget distance of 6,000 kms for costing calculations and maybe 500-1000 per day for acco/food, which will vary depending on room-sharing, etc.

Duration could be max 12-14 days (say, 2 weeks).

Just an idea I hope this will not break at TBHP rules; Mods else you can delete this post

If the drive is in Feb 09 we still have 5 months to go can we not start a "GQ Relay Fund" where all TBHP members who want to contribute in cash and kind can do so.

Whoa! Feb 1st week sounds very very good! Kol- Chennai, here I come!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 (Post 986805)
Just an idea I hope this will not break at TBHP rules; Mods else you can delete this post

If the drive is in Feb 09 we still have 5 months to go can we not start a "GQ Relay Fund" where all TBHP members who want to contribute in cash and kind can do so.

I am not sure if this suits. The very basic of this drive is "Drive for your Passion" So, why do we expect others to pool in money / Sponsor for our pleasure?

We all want long drives and so we do. This is just my opinion. No offense.

The biggest support would be the "meeting fellow T-BHPians" in between the drives which will be a moral boost and big support for the core team (others too) who are planing to do the entire stretch. :thumbs up

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 987748)
I am not sure if this suits. The very basic of this drive is "Drive for your Passion" So, why do we expect others to pool in money / Sponsor for our pleasure?

We all want long drives and so we do. This is just my opinion. No offense.

The biggest support would be the "meeting fellow T-BHPians" in between the drives which will be a moral boost and big support for the core team (others too) who are planing to do the entire stretch. :thumbs up

Cheers

agree: with your views;

There were some threads which were suggesting to look for sponsors and hence a thought from my end on raising finance if needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 987748)
.... The biggest support would be the "meeting fellow T-BHPians" in between the drives which will be a moral boost and big support for the core team .....

I wonder what the core team would be doing along they way that would require a 'moral boost' for them :D. No hanky panky here..