Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2009, 12:11   #241
Senior - BHPian

so long as the next meet is not in Feb, I am game..... The rest of Feb is looking really crazy for me in terms of my travel.
Old 5th February 2009, 12:13   #242
Senior - BHPian

Guys, firstly I thank Brajesh for a wonderful set up at Nizams!! Brought up my memories(8 years almost) of my frequent visits to that club.

It was a great arrangement, food was great! The Tonic water which I tried yesterday for the first time(thanks to Himanshu) was tongue biting!
The food was lip smacking!
nice to meet Bidisha and her husband, Ram's better half and Jr.Ram!!

As Avi has rightly mentioned, TBHP Hyd chapter has become a big addiction to all of us! Lets keep it that ways and if we need to indulge, We find our way OUT!!
Old 5th February 2009, 12:35   #243
BHPian

Water Park Meet Thread

Guys the link for the Water Park Meet is up.

Please post your suggestions/confirmations!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post1158853
Old 5th February 2009, 13:43   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@ Himanshu : Sorry to hear that mate! Lets hope your beast gets fixed at the earliest and without minimum damage to your wallet

Mobike/Avi for inviting me
Hey, you want Himanshu to spend a bucket full of dough to get his truck repaired? LOL

Your welcome dude, hope to see you around for all meets in future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Pandeyji ,i loved those shoes buddy ,next time you go to delhi please get a pair for me.shoe size 8
Thanks Rajesh, your request has been already tattooed in my mind

Nk@Hyd , There has been several attempts/efforts made to invite many newbies from Hyderabad who are quite active on the forum and are always lurking around in other threads but never ever make an attempt to join us for any of our regular meets happening since last couple of years.

So it is decided now private invitiations will not be forthcoming unless some interest is shown by the newbie.

I recommend you keep an eye on the meet threads and join up, if your keen. Sometimes these meets are well planned and many a times, impromptu

Ok, my take yesterday's meet...........

Now that we got an official Hyderbad tbhp report writer, i am going to hereafter relax and sprawl back and read post meet reports by him with a big grin on my face.

Great Job Raveendrra, look forward to this continued support from your end.

Firstly, a big thanks to Brajesh for taking such superb care in arranging for this exclusive get-together. But, Brajesh bhai, i was little concerned as you spent more time with us than with your family downstairs as it was your wife's birthday, i thought you would be swinging 50% here and 50% there, hope you didn't have to go through some difficult time after you went back home.

As it's becoming kind of a tradition with mostly CUG folks present, it is always a pleasure to meet all the now well known faces (and, round shaped bodies) and a newbie couple last evening at Nizam club. The reason we all were feverishly looking forward to this meet was due to the excellent food that club is popularly known for. Many of us were forced into "upvaas" from a day before in anticipation. And, the food met in some and exceeded for many dishes.

My pick of the evening was " Shikampur Kebab and Nargisi Kofta" and which was followed by the heavenly dessert of Apricot pudding.

There were so many snacks that absolutely could not do any justice to the main course. I was eagerly waiting from a long time to taste their biryani but unfortunately due to heavy snacks could not really relish it's taste.

The cool, comfortable confines of the A/C room was a boon to fast upcoming summers at Hyderabad. Also, it was a good decision by Zen91 to choose that closed room as the racket that we made during the entire meet would have certainly gotten a serious reprimand from the club folks to the member ( Zen 91's uncle) who made this meet happen.

In all our excitement, we could not decide what and when is going to be our next meet. I reckon someone needs to start a new thread for a drive/outing meet if possible before end of this month. I am game on Feb 28th or March 1st.

@Himanshu, sorry to know about that incident. Hope your truck didn't take too much of a banging. Whereas, i am sure the bike must have taken a much severe beating.

Since he's in close vicinity, if you still feel angry/frustrated, you can always ping and admonish him. LOL

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th February 2009 at 13:49.
Old 5th February 2009, 14:29   #245
BHPian

Thanks everybody for the compliments on food and the place.

As usual the group was in high spirits and as rightly put by Avi, we would always need a separate enclosure for our meets.

I truely appreciate the instant bonding that happens between each member of our team, who are always wanting to set the house on fire whenever they meet.

I guess the above has enough reason for me to be a part of the meet even on your anniversary and again on your wife's birthday.
Old 5th February 2009, 14:29   #246
Senior - BHPian

Himanshu, sorry to hear about your truck. Incidentally, when my brother visited Hyd last year from Calcutta, he identfied bikers as the biggest nuisance in Hyd, and autos were next in the line.

Brajesh, thanks a lot for the fab food and the splendid arrangement at the venue.

Raveenndrra--great narration, man!
Old 5th February 2009, 15:03   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
I guess the above has enough reason for me to be a part of the meet even on your anniversary and again on your wife's birthday.
Brajesh bhai, hope you had a good night's sleep. Didn't you mean our and my above?
Old 5th February 2009, 15:50   #248
BHPian

You guys don't stop rocking do you? Good man, Love the way Hyderabad has really got moving in full pace. Should we be saying "When the going gets tough, The tough get going"?

Hey Himanshu, sorry to hear about that unfortunate incident pal.
Old 6th February 2009, 22:33   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Most have a passion for restoring old vehicles,
Wow, that's news to me!

And I certainly will encourage them whole-heartedly!

At last someone to lighten my burden.....akEle-ich kith'e sambhAlte yAruu??
Old 7th February 2009, 00:11   #250
Senior - BHPian

Armchair restorers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Wow, that's news to me!

And I certainly will encourage them whole-heartedly!

At last someone to lighten my burden.....akEle-ich kith'e sambhAlte yAruu??
Hi Stanher,

While true, I guess we are more the armchair variety who talk about it (or at most press a button on the TV remote). Dunno if any of us are willing to give you company as yet, in the daunting task of actually restoring one. But the encouraging signs of life are there, a wistful look, an animated demeanour - signs of a spark that can light the fires within and pour forth.

Thanks for your encouraging words and promise of support. I too hope that a few more will take on the task. BTW I must congratulate you on the fabulous work you are doing on those old beauts.

Cheers,
Old 7th February 2009, 16:39   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Thanks for your encouraging words and promise of support. I too hope that a few more will take on the task. BTW I must congratulate you on the fabulous work you are doing on those old beauts.
Thanks buddy! 'glad to know your appreciation of these machines.

And yeah I now am quite serious about bringing atleast my '60 lambretta to one of the eat-meets we'd have in future. Atleast that is relatively still a useable classic so it's ok to do a long-ish run into the city and back on it once it's properly done up.
Old 7th February 2009, 23:07   #252
Senior - BHPian

Shyam..Ill join you in my Lambretta next time.
Old 8th February 2009, 23:31   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Shyam..Ill join you in my Lambretta next time.
Naah ram, you couldn't get IN your lambretta, unless you went on a diet similar to that of the WW2 Nazi concentration camp victims....!

But you certainly can always get ON your Lambretta!

Jokes apart, thanks! Good to have some company in this regard! You never know whom we may inspire- believe it or not, Raj had (finally!) been considering atleast a 2-wheeled classic, back on 26th Jan!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks