Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Team-BHP Meet Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/)
-   -   Kolkata 'Nishachar' Meet (Night Drives, Dhabas, Photos, Music, Fun!!) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/57121-kolkata-nishachar-meet-night-drives-dhabas-photos-music-fun.html)

btirthankar 21st April 2009 01:44

Kolkata 'Nishachar' Meet (Night Drives, Dhabas, Photos, Music, Fun!!)
 
Kolkata 'Nishachar' Bhpians Meet means Night Drives, Dhabas, Photos, Music, and Fun!!

Calling all Night-Cruisers in Kolkata, gather up buddies.

Ideas:
  • Dinners at Dhabas - SN Pandit, Ballygunge Circular etc.
  • Photographing Antique Buildings
  • Discovering Heritage Places of Kolkata
  • Enjoying Night Drives with soothing Music
  • Having a Drive-In Movie or Batminton game (at Azad Hind Uluberia)

Special Idea: Having a Drive-In Movie (at Azad Hind Uluberia)




Items Necessary:
  • DLP Projector (someone need to get)
  • Bed-Sheet and Bamboo Frame for screen (we can get)
  • Laptop (we all have)
  • Power (we will pay something to the Dhaba)
  • some 20 feet Extension Cord (need to arrange)
  • Speakers will be our car systems (laptop will be hooked to an FM Transmitter which I will bring and the audio can be played from everyones cars' fm channel)

phamilyman 21st April 2009 03:04

Nishachar meet - lovely idea - posted at a lovelier time :)

predatorwheelz 21st April 2009 11:34

The Point of it all
 
I'm fine with having a night meet, as long as its a Friday or Saturday night. But BT, I have a feeling that the objectives you have posted are mutually conflicting at some stage.

For example, if the idea is just to do the following:

Photographing Antique Buildings
Discovering Heritage Places of Kolkata
Enjoying Night Drives with soothing Music

It makes more sense to take 1-2 cars (your Innova and Capt Dey's Scorpio) and everyone piling up into them. These objectives will involve a lot of driving around. Easier to do if there are fewer cars. No point driving 12-15 cars all around the city. Trust me, cops security is at an all time high in Kolkata, and the caravan of so many cars will attract a lot of unnecessary attention.

However, if the idea is just a chill-out meet followed by dinner and a movie, then we can all have our own cars and get together at Azad Hind.

Do think over these and let us know.

dip27in 21st April 2009 12:13

1 Attachment(s)
I do Azad hind on all possible occassions.. one of the drive which contributes for my Running in of the Civic.. It has been a fav joint for me and my friends since 2001 and have seen it growing over the years.. The photograph was taken around 3:00AM :)


Best time to start from Kolkata is around 12ish and come back by 2:30.( it hardly takes 45 mins from 2nd Hoogly Bridge) . since after 9:00 to 11:30 you will have loads of trucks to make things pathetic for you.

We normally take Nivedita Shetu if we start early.. say around 10 ish .. to avoid the loads of truck around 2nd Hooghly bridge..
Put it for this week end..i.e Saturday.. i will surely join..

for Street photography the best time is 5:00 AM to 6:30Am ..

nikunj_cal 21st April 2009 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by predatorwheelz (Post 1269712)
I'm fine with having a night meet, as long as its a Friday or Saturday night. But BT, I have a feeling that the objectives you have posted are mutually conflicting at some stage.

For example, if the idea is just to do the following:

Photographing Antique Buildings
Discovering Heritage Places of Kolkata
Enjoying Night Drives with soothing Music

It makes more sense to take 1-2 cars (your Innova and Capt Dey's Scorpio) and everyone piling up into them. These objectives will involve a lot of driving around. Easier to do if there are fewer cars. No point driving 12-15 cars all around the city. Trust me, cops security is at an all time high in Kolkata, and the caravan of so many cars will attract a lot of unnecessary attention.

However, if the idea is just a chill-out meet followed by dinner and a movie, then we can all have our own cars and get together at Azad Hind.

Do think over these and let us know.

I was just about to say that. With security really beefed up especially before the Elections, driving around the city without the Police spoiling your mood is not possible. :(

thebagchi 21st April 2009 12:31

kolkata is on a high alert.
lots of security checks

but am game!
Night and Kolkata somehow gels wonderfully

babhishek 21st April 2009 13:08

sounds like a great idea!

thebagchi 21st April 2009 16:36

few places must for night ride/drive

- Foreshore Road
- Princep Ghat
- Victoria
- Judges Ghat

btirthankar 21st April 2009 17:28

Azad Hind Uluberia on Saturday
 
ok, now that we have discussed the caveats, lets begin the confirmations:

List

1. ultimatechamp
2. btirthankar
3. Devdeep
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

Please add to the list, whosoever is interested.

predatorwheelz 21st April 2009 17:37

God is in the Details
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by btirthankar (Post 1270484)
ok, now that we have discussed the caveats, lets begin the confirmations:


Please add to the list, whosoever is interested.

What time? What date? What venue (If its Azad Hind, why are we meeting at a spot 25 kms outside the city in order to explore the city?:eek:) As I said earlier, I have no problems with the meet. But do finalize the details.

btirthankar 21st April 2009 17:45

Azad Hind Uluberia on Saturday
 
Pardon my ignorance, I meant Lets have a Midnight Meet at Azad Hind just as Devdip Suggested.

"start from Kolkata is around 12ish and come back by 2:30.( it hardly takes 45 mins from 2nd Hoogly Bridge)

Or take Nivedita Shetu i. say around 10 ish .. to avoid the loads of truck around 2nd Hooghly bridge. Then if in the mood - Street photography between 5:00 AM to 6:30Am .."

Meeting Point: T.B.D.

Date: 25th April 2009

Activities: Fooding, Golping (doing golpo), Movie (on Laptop hooked to car system), photography, more (as suggested)

List

1. ultimatechamp
2. btirthankar
3. Devdeep
4. predatorwheelz
5.
6.
7.
8.

Please add to the list, whosoever is interested.

ultimatechamp 21st April 2009 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by btirthankar (Post 1270522)
Pardon my ignorance, I meant Lets have a Midnight Meet at Azad Hind just as Devdip Suggested.

"start from Kolkata is around 12ish and come back by 2:30.( it hardly takes 45 mins from 2nd Hoogly Bridge)

Or take Nivedita Shetu i. say around 10 ish .. to avoid the loads of truck around 2nd Hooghly bridge. Then if in the mood - Street photography between 5:00 AM to 6:30Am .."

Meeting Point: T.B.D.

Date: 25th April 2009

Activities: Fooding, Golping (doing golpo), Movie (on Laptop hooked to car system), photography, more (as suggested)

List

1. ultimatechamp
2. btirthankar
3. Devdeep
4. predatorwheelz
5.
6.
7.
8.

Please add to the list, whosoever is interested.

Am in.Lets do it this saturday night,25th that is.
My 2 cents are that anything within the city at odd hours will attract unnecessary attraction as Predatorwheelz has rightly mentioned.We can always do it in the early hours of Sunday as BT has mentioned.

We can meet,all of us that is,at Southern Avenue(BT's favourite) just on the same footpath,at the entrance of the Open Air Theatre (Nazrul Mancha) at about 11.30pm.Make the complete junta there,and then drive to Uluberia via 2nd Hooghly Bridge,Kona and NH-6.

Have food and adda at Uluberia Azad Hind,making a drive-in movie over there in my opinion is going to be cumbersome.Who on Earth is going to carry bamboo :eek: and other stuff and how?Secondly the set-up would take so much time,that adda and everything will be jeopardized.Getting a projector in so short a time will be difficult I guess,as well

That night I won't be able to get in my home,as I don't want to wake up my folks.So I think a 11.30 to 5.30 am meet is possible if everybody is game.

Meeting Place: Southern Avenue (in front of Nazrul Manch)
Time: 11.30 pm on wards
Drive to : Azad Hind Dhaba,Uluberia.

planet_rocker 21st April 2009 20:51

shuvd is out of the country at the moment - please carry on with your plans - daktar.

like i have already mentioned - i am out.

drive safe and have loads of fun :)

BlackPearl 21st April 2009 21:06

ufff... I have to stop visiting tbhp meet section. I am getting real envious with you guys planning to meet at one of my favourite dhabas on the highway :Frustrati. Hope this thing continues after I come back.

btirthankar 21st April 2009 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackPearl (Post 1270807)
I am getting real envious

We will give you a welcome party there, when you next visit India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet_rocker (Post 1270797)
like i have already mentioned - i am out.

:-(

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatechamp (Post 1270619)
My 2 cents are that anything within the city at odd hours will attract unnecessary attraction

"nothing can draw more attention than a CPM Rally":D
Ona serious note, I am sure we all are matured enough and wont act like a bunch of college kids on a 31st night binge.


We can meet,all of us that is,at Southern Avenue(BT's favourite)

"Jaa bolechen :thumbs up"

a drive-in movie over there in my opinion is going to be cumbersome.Who on Earth is going to carry bamboo :eek: and other stuff and how?Secondly the set-up would take so much time,that adda and everything will be jeopardized.Getting a projector in so short a time will be difficult I guess,as well

thik

"Arrey bash r betcobhar keo ante hobena. Projector ee nai karor kache. Oi to laptop e dekhbo, matha guje."



That night I won't be able to get in my home,as I don't want to wake up my folks.So I think a 11.30 to 5.30 am meet is possible if everybody is game.

"Amakeo bari te dhukte debena majh rattir e. Bhor obdi baiyre tollte hobe."





Quote:

Originally Posted by babhishek (Post 1269939)
sounds like a great idea!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebagchi (Post 1269854)
but am game!
Night and Kolkata somehow gels wonderfully

please add your name in the list.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:40.