Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2009, 19:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Team BHP-Nilgiris, Mysore, Bangalore.

Hello,
Are there any bhpians from the Nilgirs. We could organise a meet.I have not seen many bhpians from the Nilgiris.
We could also consider the probability of holding a meet in Ooty for bhpians from Mysore and Bangalore if this is a feasible idea.
Masinagudi would be an ideal center point if anybody is coming from Bangalore or Mysore.
Cheers,
Old 21st May 2009, 19:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

there were quite a few of us in ooty and masinagudi on the labour day weekend
Old 21st May 2009, 19:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Do let me know when you guys are around next. We could probably arrange a meet.
I will pm you my mobile number.
Cheers,
Old 22nd May 2009, 00:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Been to Nilgiris many many times. In fact last to last weekend I was almost there but at the border we've realized that we forgot our original papers and had to come back, didn't wanted to be bugged by the police.
Old 22nd May 2009, 09:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Kaushik usually the cops don't stop you and just ask you where you are from and where you are heading?
They might check if you are drunk and that's about it, hardly have the cops asked for the documents,
Do pm when you are around next we could organise a quick meet.
Cheers,
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:17   #6
BHPian

@beejay : Till what time is the coffeeday Gundulpet open? was planning for a night drive.
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:22   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
@beejay : Till what time is the coffeeday Gundulpet open? was planning for a night drive.
i dont think its open 24 hrs, like the ones on mysore rd.
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Kaushik usually the cops don't stop you and just ask you where you are from and where you are heading?
They might check if you are drunk and that's about it, hardly have the cops asked for the documents,
Do pm when you are around next we could organise a quick meet.
Cheers,
Normally they don't but you never know when you are unlucky. Didn't want to take risk of that and came back and went to visit Melukote. Actually once, while coming back from Wayanad we took the Gundlupet road and was asked for papers, basically they wanted to make some quick money but I had all my papers ready. I loved the look on their face though
Drink and drive, NEVER.
Sure, will let you know next time if there is plan to drive there.

@ brraj, if planning for drive till gundlupet then don't miss Gopalaswamy betta during sunrise.
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

[quote=kaushik_s;1315713]Normally they don't but you never know when you are unlucky. Didn't want to take risk of that and came back and went to visit Melukote. Actually once, while coming back from Wayanad we took the Gundlupet road and was asked for papers, basically they wanted to make some quick money but I had all my papers ready. I loved the look on their face though

Gundalpet they might check, however at Kakunallah the border between Tamilnadu and Karnataka they hardly check. Yes, its best to have all papers intact at all times.
Old 22nd May 2009, 17:54   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Been to Nilgiris many many times. In fact last to last weekend I was almost there but at the border we've realized that we forgot our original papers and had to come back, didn't wanted to be bugged by the police.
If you had a copy of the papers then there would been no problem, you could have gone ahead with your trip.
Old 22nd May 2009, 18:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
If you had a copy of the papers then there would been no problem, you could have gone ahead with your trip.
Naah, even the RC book copy was missing and it was not my car and also we didn't had any concrete plans to go to Ooty. Was just roaming around in Bandipur and then thought that we can go to Ooty for a drive and come back. Checked the papers and RC copy was missing. Didn't want to take a chance and came back. And then went to Melukote instead, as we've not been to that place before.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks