Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2005, 20:36   #31
Team-BHP Support

All you guys left out old man with his old car far behind...your fun bit is surely different
Old 12th June 2005, 20:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
200km drive
OMG!!!! I bet it was fun. Can't wait for the report and pics.

Ajmat is in automotive heaven (LOL), Anush got his Esteem so, who got the Vtec??? Was it Chetan by any chance.

Quote:
All you guys left out old man with his old car far behind...your fun bit is surely different
Hmmm, might a TC help combat that problem? hehe

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 12th June 2005 at 20:52.
Old 12th June 2005, 20:58   #33
BANNED

Quote:
LOL Shan why dont you lend your vtec engine for that Amby will really help..

Samurai post pics asap.. please
Old 12th June 2005, 22:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Well would like to see a VTEC take on a ferrari ...
Old 12th June 2005, 23:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

We met at the RTO complex as planned and had a bit if a crazy start not being able to decide on where to head out to Rudra stepped in and said Old Madras Road.

It was a pretty long queue of cars as mentioned by Shravan and a few stowaway's like V1P3R, Shravan, Islandman and me. Well the drive up to Kolar was one run between the Iceman's Baleno and the VTEC (Ice we overtake from the right), Rudra's Amby was cruising at 130 as though it had done so all it's life.

On the drive up till Kolar we had 2 stops and then continued on to Mulbagal to the 100 km mark from Bangalore to a little dhaba by the tomato market. Here we realised that Samurai was nowhere to be seen and on calling him we find out he missed the Mulbagal Byepass and had continued into town, he backtracked and caught up with us in a few minutes to find Amit in a daze as he could not get cold beer anywhere. However we decided to sit down for a scrumptious meal.

Post the meal Samurai the only one with a real camera decided to click a few group snaps before we took off, and here started a chain of funny incidents.

First Chetan found a weird clicking sound coming from his car and was not able to identify the source we all stopped and I tried to find the source of the sound but failed. Everyone then got back into their cars and a couple of KM ahead Cheatan is again on the side of the road all of us stop to figure out the reason and Chetan asks me to drive and try and identify why. I hop in and start driving and a few KM down the line I smell something burning and then see smoke coming from the direction of the console... Hazard lights went on we pulled over opened the car looking for the source but werent able to find it, by then everyone else also had stopped, next we opened the bonnet to try and figure out the source cant find one and back into the car again and Anush came over while I was peering under the dashboard and said "Keshav your leg's on fire!!!" Whoa I hop out and find that the bottom of my track pants is smouldering ... a few pounds and generous dollop of water later we are back into the car heading for Bangalore. Thought that we had the worse behind.

As we were nearing Kolar it starts raining and in Amits words "The speedo went down to 110 and then to 90 and then I pulled over" the visibility had dropped to lesser than 25 feet. And Samurai has another round at shooting pics of the car's and us.

When the rain slowed down to a drizzle we decided to head straight back to our places as it was getting dark and we parted ways back home...

Samurai Pics please and please feel free to add whatever I missed ....
Old 13th June 2005, 00:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

hey Psycho
great write up man.

samurai ,
waiting for the pics !!

Rev
Old 13th June 2005, 00:57   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First Chetan found a weird clicking sound coming from his car and was not able to identify the source we all stopped and I tried to find the source of the sound but failed. Everyone then got back into their cars and a couple of KM ahead Cheatan is again on the side of the road all of us stop to figure out the reason and Chetan asks me to drive and try and identify why. I hop in and start driving and a few KM down the line I smell something burning and then see smoke coming from the direction of the console... Hazard lights went on we pulled over opened the car looking for the source but werent able to find it, by then everyone else also had stopped, next we opened the bonnet to try and figure out the source cant find one and back into the car again and Anush came over while I was peering under the dashboard and said "Keshav your leg's on fire!!!" Whoa I hop out and find that the bottom of my track pants is smouldering ... a few pounds and generous dollop of water later we are back into the car heading for Bangalore.
I know you guys didn't figure out the problem but, any wild guesses as to what might have caused this?

That smoke from the dash thing, is really scary.

Shan2nu
Old 13th June 2005, 01:45   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
I know you guys didn't figure out the problem but, any wild guesses as to what might have caused this?

That smoke from the dash thing, is really scary.

Shan2nu
The smoke wasn't from the dash shan, but, from Psycho's pants! Now, nobody, including Psycho himself, knows how his "legs" caught fire!
Old 13th June 2005, 10:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

hahah so how did Psycho's pants catch fire ?? its kind of scary what caused it ??

rev
Old 13th June 2005, 10:01   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Well the drive up to Kolar was one run between the Iceman's Baleno and the VTEC (Ice we overtake from the right), Rudra's Amby was cruising at 130 as though it had done so all it's life.

Samurai Pics please and please feel free to add whatever I missed ....
psycho i was just showing islanman my suspension and tires..

also the meet said beer and drive of course i was dissappointed

shantanu...must have happened due to ciggy ash.
Old 13th June 2005, 11:07   #41
BHPian

hahaha....pants catching on fire..thats hillarious!! Pyscho, im hoping ur alright ..anyways, when is the next meet planned???

Last edited by CaliAtenza : 13th June 2005 at 11:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks