Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2005, 22:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Ok.. adding to Mad Monkey's comments, some of my suggestions... if u agree, lets implement them

1. The people who volunteer to get their cars should type in bold I am getting my car for the trip. That way those who really are getting will be immediately noticed and a list can be made.

2. The people coming as passengers for the trip need to type in bold I am coming as a passenger for the trip.

3. Limit the no. of cars for the trip. I know most of you wanna get your cars, but limit it for the sake of safety and time saving. I think a number of 6-8 cars is enough. 2 standby cars can be kept, in-case one has a problem with getting their car along at the last minute. Cars will be chosen on the basis that they cover most of the areas that people come from and that they can get a drop by the member concerned to a point from where they can get home conveniently.

4. Try and keep atleast 2 cars together during the trip. Saves the hassles of getting lost as Rehaan and me experienced during our trip to Alibaug. Can't comment on other previous trips since I wasn't around.

5. Lastly, the organiser needs to give his phone no. on the thread. Whoever is getting his car along has to confirm a day before with the organiser that he/she surely is, if not, the standby cars can be arranged. Atleast one person shall travel as navigator in each car, personal biases or likings aside.

If everyone likes these suggestions we can implement them. That way we all can enjoy without getting lost, hassled or otherwise. Also let one person nominate him or herself as the organiser for all drives, irrespective of whether he/she is coming for the drive. And then communicate it to a sub-organiser all the details, in-case he/she is not making it for the drive.

Revv

P.S. Those who get their cars for one trip can be relaxed the next time around as passengers, subject to availability of cars.

Last edited by Revvmaster : 24th July 2005 at 22:44.
Old 25th July 2005, 22:53   #17

Hey all....me and my friend would love to join in. I just wanna join for two major reasons...one is i'm a travel freak. Other is I wanna learn LOTSSS more about cars and no one's better for that than a bunch of carholics. Anyway, please lemme know two chics are still invited.
Peaceout.
Old 26th July 2005, 15:01   #18
Team-BHP Support

It's been raining very heavily in Maharashtra and my favourite NH17 has been hit by flooding and landslides.
Can anyone shed some light on the weather / plight of the Mumbai - Ahmedabad road? If it's going to be raining as heavily as it is at the moment, I suggest we postpone this drive in the interest of safety. We haven't had much of a response anyway.
Old 26th July 2005, 15:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
Can anyone shed some light on the weather / plight of the Mumbai - Ahmedabad road? If it's going to be raining as heavily as it is at the moment, I suggest we postpone this drive in the interest of safety. We haven't had much of a response anyway.
and with the rains expected to go on for 3-4 days i think the roads will worsen !

Last edited by normally_crazy : 26th July 2005 at 16:03.
Old 26th July 2005, 16:00   #20
BANNED

I agree,
I think we need to postpone.
Viper
Old 26th July 2005, 21:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

guys,

the mumbai ahmedabad is quite safe .its only in the gujarat stretch that you have a problem.

the road till dahanu is not affected by floods.but be careful abt not venturing into the sea.
Old 29th July 2005, 22:31   #22
BHPian

the road is almost deserted very few trucks and close to one or none cars
Old 29th July 2005, 22:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

so it shoul d be fun on sunday,

where are the organisers????????
Old 30th July 2005, 21:00   #24
BHPian

so guys what has been decided are we going or no
Old 31st July 2005, 00:42   #25
Senior - BHPian

doesnt look like its on.specially after the floods guess no ones in the mood maybe next week.if its next week most probably i should be in.

Rev
Old 31st July 2005, 11:24   #26
BHPian

Ya the rains have spoiled the mood, next week i wont be able to make it but i think 14th aug seems to be good day since 15th is holiday if its on 15th i am in but as a passenger this time.
Old 31st July 2005, 12:00   #27
Team-BHP Support

It's a good thng we didn't go today. Just have a look at the rains. Once again, there's flooding in Bandra, Andheri and other places.
Old 31st July 2005, 12:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

Yup.. Warnings have been issued on the Radio to stay inside the houses.
Old 31st July 2005, 12:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

yes i was stuck in chembur sometime back...jus reached powerfreaks house....roads for colaba are out.

Drifter
Old 31st July 2005, 13:05   #30
BHPian

after two weeks guyz
not now not safe

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks