Following Delhi/NCR members are in Kolkata for the next few days:

1. Suman
2. SS Traveller
3. Milindaajp
4. souravdebiswas

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravdebiswas View Post
Hi Everyone,

Seems that list was long but not too many people turned up. How about holding another get-together towards the end of the year?

I spoke to Milind who rode his bike all the way from Delhi to Kolkata earlier this month. He is in Kolkata till about 2-3rd January and is quite excited about having a get-together.

Met Dr. Sengupta (SS Traveller) yesterday and he too would be in Kolkata from the 28th of this month till 3rd Jan morning. Am sure he would love a get-together too.

I am driving down in my fiesta 1.6S from Delhi to Kolkata on 25th December (will reach Kolkata on 26th evening and would return on 2nd Jan (reaching Delhi on 3rd Jan).

So it would be great to meet up with as many team-bhp members as possible during this short time period. The food at Mocambo looks really tempting and am ready to drop in there once again.

So what say guys? Can we have another meet? Request all bongo bhpians to pour in their thoughts.

Regards,

Sourav
Spoke to Suman da - he will try his best to join if we can arrange for a meet.

How about 1st January 2010 - evening? please let us know if you are game for a meet.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 29th December 2009 at 17:15.
Old 29th December 2009, 17:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

SS da will not be able to access net over the next 3 days. But he has already confirmed his participation if it is held on 1st Jan evening.

So have I .
Old 29th December 2009, 17:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

i am in - 50:50

Suman will try to join. how do we contact Milind & Sourav?
Old 29th December 2009, 22:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Sourav - You crossed Agra ? Let me know on your return journey. Will see if we can catch up
Old 30th December 2009, 17:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

TBHP Mumbai member pdev29 is coming to kolkata tomorrow.

@ Devang - how long will you stay in Kolkata?
Old 30th December 2009, 22:03   #6
Team-BHP Support

This is how big things cook up. Over a slowwwww fire.
Keep it up guys. Sounds interesting to me.

Planet, saw your message bro. It is definitely very enticing, unfortunately though kolkata aar hyderabad er moddhe motamuti 1600 km er distance.
Old 1st January 2010, 22:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

uhm! did you guys meet?

if not, then lets meet tomorrow at around 12-12.30pm - 22 Camac Street, Pizza Hut.

Wish you a very happy new year.
Old 2nd January 2010, 00:20   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Just logged in to see this thread. What's happening - no meet? Met Milindajp and Sutripta at short notice yesterday (31st Dec.), but was hoping for a bigger get-together tonight. Would have poor access to the net again tomorrow. If noon at Camac Street is feasible, be so kind as to shoot me an sms with a couple of hours to spare.

OT, my frustration levels at driving around in CCU seem to be taking a turn for the worse lately (though this is the city I learnt driving in, in a Morris 8 no less!). Are CCU drivers utterly deaf and all pedestrians blind, or do I have hypersensitive eardrums? The horn-blowing is driving me round the bend. Any place is "no parking", but one can park if the beat constable is paid Rs.20 - I didn't offer it, the guy himself asked for it! And where there is authorised fee parking (at Hatibagan), a nutcase comes along with a notebook and notes down my car number AND my driving licence number (he says because the cops want it!). Finally, has anyone noticed a "No Entry" sign at the EXIT of a road? It only happens in CCU... Do something, folks, I'm starting to believe the sanity of this city is being eroded away somewhere.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 2nd January 2010 at 00:21.
Old 2nd January 2010, 00:43   #9
Team-BHP Support

You are from somewhere near Hatibagan? Where?

By the way, you located a paid parking in Hatibagan area! I am zapped. That entire area has no place to even walk. Right from Hedua to Radha cinema or even on the grey street, people just step on your toes. If there is indeed a paid parking available anywhere around that area nowadays then I am thoroughly impressed.

Last edited by Zappo : 2nd January 2010 at 00:45.
Old 2nd January 2010, 00:57   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

The eastern side of the main road (opposite side to Sree Market, on the side where Khadim's is located) is paid parking along the road. Hatibagan is essentially my wife's "purono para", and she goes to shop (and enjoy the phuchkas) there every time we are in CCU. My location now is Teghoria, on VIP Road, but I spent my earlier years at the other end of town, in Dover Lane!
Old 2nd January 2010, 01:22   #11
Team-BHP Support

Ok! Well, that's kind of purono para for me as well. My dad almost grew up there (not exactly grew up, but still...). And then later when he moved out of Kolkata (CCU in your and airlines parlance, I love this shorthand) we used to return there every year for 1-2 months. That is Dalimtala Lane, off the grey street.

I have lot of childhood memories of going to the hatibagan bazar in the mornings for "tori-torkaari baajaar", or cross over the road to laxmikanta sahoo for his incredible tele-bhajas. Those were the days when one could even walk on the footpaths there. Now when I go there (my eldest aunt still lives there) it feels like a mela all the time with the risk of getting run over by one of those minis or the careless autos if not being stamped upon by the multitude of people everywhere.
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:48   #12
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support:

Since the meet was cancelled, this thread is now closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks