Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 10:55   #16
BHPian

It was a wonderful event organised by Ramneek,

Thanks to Ramneek & to SidIndica for the wonderful Pics.

We should have meets at least on a monthly frequency.

Looking forward to the next meet.

Thanks !!
Old 5th April 2010, 12:12   #17
BHPian

Yup, It was a helluva meet .... kudos to sheetumanu (ramnik) for taking the pains to contact all of us and organize this meet .

For those of you who couldnt attend here is a quick fact : Ramnik sent an incredible 100+ pm to members asking them to join the meet.

I got a chance to sit in Captain's OHC ( heavily modded sleeper ) along with toingg and rahul ( saintsinner) and it was pure joy with 190+ bhp (theoretically) throbbing under the hood. Also saw ( from outside) Sumain's immaculately maintained BMW and a tastefully done up swift (those pics speak for themselves).

I am eagerly looking forward to next meet for a chance to experience some more wonderful rides.

Regards
Old 5th April 2010, 12:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Nice pics there !!.....no pics of the Polo..errrr...waxed Punto that showed up for the meet ?
I had to leave at about 7.15 to catch up with someone else for dinner, the cameras weren't out until then. Guess those pictures were taken a lot later.
Old 5th April 2010, 12:45   #19
Team-BHP Support

Too bad I could not be there! Hope to see you all at the next meet. Looks like you had a real good time.
Old 5th April 2010, 13:42   #20
BHPian

Had a great time on Saturday. Thanks again to Ramneek for the organisation.

When is the next meet? Looking forward to it already.

Cheers

Sumain
Old 5th April 2010, 15:06   #21
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Looks like you all had a blast!!! Gr8 initiative sheetamanu and ramneek! Too bad i couldn't make it :( looking forward to join you guys next time for sure!

cheers
Old 5th April 2010, 15:24   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Gr8 initiative sheetamanu and ramneek!
Sheetmanu AKA Ramneek, . Ramneek's handle is Sheetmanu.
Old 5th April 2010, 16:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
I had to leave at about 7.15 to catch up with someone else for dinner, the cameras weren't out until then. Guess those pictures were taken a lot later.
oh! i checked this thread to check out your and sids Punto but both are missing
Old 5th April 2010, 18:16   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
oh! i checked this thread to check out your and sids Punto but both are missing
Sid's Punto was totaled in an accident a couple of weeks ago.
Old 5th April 2010, 22:44   #25
BHPian

Reporting the Blast

My apologies for late posting (courtesy: non functional Sify broadbad@home )

I woke up Sunday afternoon thinking whether it was a dream or I really had been to a ROCKING meet. Thanks heaven, it wasn't a dream.

First things first, let me start with a THANK YOU note to all the BHPians who turned up and made the event a huge success. Talking about numbers, around 20+ BHPians and 7 guests showed up; that's quite a presence, ain't it? Thank you fellas, It was a GREAT PLEASURE meeting you all

People from different walks of life, different age groups, sharing ONE COMMON LOVE & PASSION; What An Aura!!

Wheeled-beauties ranging from Rajdoot, Bullet, M800, Swift, Accent, Punto, Jeep, Gypsy, Santro, City, Fortuner, Esteem, Lancer, E30 and what not; Team-BHP stickers flashing all around; What A Sight!!

Cafe Style's driveway stuffed with cars with their hoods popped-up and petrolheads around 'em; A Feast for Eyes!!

The meet started as the BHPians started zooming in at the venue around 5 'o clock. They were greeted by the pleasant sight of welcome notes at the entrance (ref to first pic in Sid's post).

The first activity was the tagging ceremony; everyone was requested to stick on his shirt a post-it bearing his handle and name. As the members kept pouring in, the place gradually turned into an oval-table conference hall.

What next? introduction folks; we had a round of introduction wherein people talked about their interests (around as well as apart from Cars), their stay in Team-BHP, their occupations and loads of interesting stuff about themselves. The ice had barely broken when all of us started getting along so well that did speak for what a strong TBHP community bond we share.

After the introduction was over, the evergreen discussion "Deisel vs Petrol" sparked off and what followed was series of discussions on "Performance vs Mileage", "Stock vs Modified", "offroading", "In and Around Engines" and what not.

The clock hands seemed to move swiftly and it was time to check the rides out. We all went out into the parking area checking & admiring each other's rides. Popped-up hoods, revving engines, short drives, stock cars, modified cars, offroaders, roaring two-wheelers, flashing cameras, a bunch of motorheads (read BHPians) talking about cars and motorbikes and yes of course the "aam janta" giving us "Who are they?" and "What the heck is going on?" looks.

It was around 7 PM when some of us happened to look into the eyes of the cafe crew only to realize that they had their share of waiting for us to get in, so we decided against testing their patience any further and gave them the chance of serving us Coffee & Snacks. As we sipped and munched, some cozy discussions went on the air, pictures clicked and a unanimous resolution taken "LET US SOON HAVE ANOTHER MEET".

Looked like nobody wanted to sign off but it had to happen. Signing off ceremony was marked with BHPIans and the guests penning down their expressions about the meet on a chart paper (ref to the last pic in my next post). We began to zoom off with indelible memories of a wonderful get-together.

As I left and picked my wife up, she asked "How did it go?" and I instantly remarked with my head held high, "You know what, I made 25 odd friends today". I am sure everyone else felt the same way.

Some of the BHPians could not stay throughout the meet owing to family/work issues - Thank mates for turning up in spite of personal exigencies and boosting the TBHP spirit.

And yes we did have a family joining us as well (whose? we all know) - Thanks buddy and do pass on our special thanks to your family for gracing the occasion, it was indeed a pleasure to have them with us. Your daughter Vanshika (hope I got the name right) is really really sweet.

The only let-down factor: The cars had to be parked in a distributed fashion owing to space issues else we might have been able to admire the rides better.

Even I do not have all the names/handles handy, but would try my best; so here goes the lists:

MEMBERS ATTENDED:

aKrain
amitku
anupam00
avishuk2004
Born 2 Be Wild
Captain
docfreak
GoSlow
harjeev
khan75
maverickzCar
Nishant B
Pro-Idiot
rhandle
rajneesh
saintsinner
sheetumanu
sidindica
Sumain
Supercool
toiingg

GUESTS:

Achintya
Harsh
Raghu
Karan
Imran
Lokinder
Vanshika & her mother

My sincere apologies for any miss-outs, please feel free to update the lists.

To conclude, if someones asks me, "Did you guys have a good time?", I'd say, "NO, We had a Blast!!" What say mates?

Cheers to Team-BHP for giving such a wonderful platform and bringing like-minded petrolheads together.

filhaal itna hi (That's about it); Looking forward to the next meet,

Regards,
SM
Old 5th April 2010, 22:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

Good stuff guys!

I was out of town so couldn't make it. Will definitely join up next time. Cheers!
Old 5th April 2010, 23:33   #27
BHPian

More Pics

Sid: Thank you for the wonderful pics and uploading them

Here are some more pics:

docfreak with his jeep:

Team-BHP Noida Meet 3rd April 2010 - Report and Pics-meet-001.jpg

Left to Right: Born 2 Be Wild's back, rhandle, GoSlow, docfreak, avishuk2004:

Team-BHP Noida Meet 3rd April 2010 - Report and Pics-meet-002.jpg

sainsinner (in jolly mood), Imran (Guest in Saffron tees), anupam00's back:

Team-BHP Noida Meet 3rd April 2010 - Report and Pics-meet-003.jpg

GoSlow:

Team-BHP Noida Meet 3rd April 2010 - Report and Pics-meet-004.jpg

amitku's wife and daughter (Vanshika):

Team-BHP Noida Meet 3rd April 2010 - Report and Pics-img-28.jpg

I'll tag some of the sid's posted pics tomorrow.
Old 5th April 2010, 23:36   #28
BHPian

the pics are very good and so are the cars which turned out.the swift looks uber hot.
i am sorry couldnt turn out inspite of the promise as one of my cousins is unwell.please post some more pics of the cars!
cheers
Old 6th April 2010, 10:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

I did'nt want to miss this one but had gone visiting Vaishno Devi on this long weekend. Count me in for the next meet except on 30th April ( It's my marriage anniversary ).

Sid - Nice pics

Sheetumanu - looking forward for more pics.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:32   #30
BHPian

Signing Off Expressions

Hi Folks,

Here's the photograph of the chart paper "Expressions" hosting the signing off comments :

Team-BHP Noida Meet 3rd April 2010 - Report and Pics-meet_expressions.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks