Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2005, 14:22   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
has any one already gone for the performance show ?? how is it and is there a charge for entrance ?

Rev
i did go to the show yesterday and wasn't close to what i expected out of it .. have clicked some snaps which i'll post over the weekend ...
guys don't forget to have a nice look at the tata indica there, 160 bhp . .. and ask the guy there to start her up . .. sounds real good.

manson.
Old 3rd December 2005, 22:47   #47
Senior - BHPian

ok...went to the show today. hung out there for about 4-5 hours, from 12:30-1:00 to 5:00....and lo...i was surprised at the sbk section on second floor- a tbhp cubicle...!!! but more shock than surprise, no bhpians at the stall...!!! i waited there for about an hour (well, okay, most of the time was spent standing in line for viewing the sbks)...and still, no one showed up at the tbhp stall; on the way down, i noticed a mahindra classic, which i assumed was GTO's, but then it struck me- the alloys were different... well, so much for the damn meet...!!

now for the show details-it was pretty much okay, with the evo and the phantom being the biggest crowd pullers. got to sample the evo's cockpit, and D-A-M-N...!!!that thing is hotter than molten titanium..!! the car just seemed to wrap around you- it felt like a part of your body, rather than just another car. the interiors aren't anything to write home about...but the clutch and shift action seemed pretty hot...it would have been a whole lot better if the car was running, though...
got to sample the montero too...and once again, DAMN, that thing is hot...it's pretty much what you expect, and then something more- but that 4wd lever might get a little cumbersome to operate, though; the seats are the best in the business, but you have the right to expect nothing but the best when you put down 30L's for a car..the executive quoted a launch date of march-april for the montero, and went on to claim that india will see a new, better, and bullish mitsubishi in 06'....let's see...

and then, there were the regular stuff, like performance parts from N1 engg., four seasons automobiles, an race-LGB car, etc. ah, and yes, did i mention the cayenne, the boxster,the range rover, the audi TT, the M5, the lotus elise and the honda S2000 (which, supposedly had been boosted by vortech)..?

as for the sbk's, the bikes that i got to see: a quad-bike, followed by a harley davidson v-rod, a honda cbr 1100xx blackbird, 929rr and 954rr, yamaha r6 and r1, and a kawasaki ninja zx12r (no gixxers and busas..!!!)- not in order of arrangement, of course. and the dude at the stall even started up the bikes and revved them a little at request....!! that harley and the blackbird deserve a grammy each just for their sweet exhaust notes...!!!

all in all, a so-so show, but a great effort by ACI, and here's wishing them congrats on a job well done, and looking forward to a much better show next year...

p.s- was that a blue chinkara at the parking lot..??!! (next to the blue N1 ikon and those X5's) the label said "1200xxx"...but no chinkara motors...
Old 4th December 2005, 02:07   #48
Senior - BHPian

veyron

If you saw the time we guys were supposed to meet up at 4 pm Most of us arrived at 4 and we were all there till about 7 o clock after which we had our regular meet. I have just returned home from the meet its 2 am.

The blue car you saw was not a chinkara but a catheram replica.
Old 4th December 2005, 02:55   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
veyron

If you saw the time we guys were supposed to meet up at 4 pm Most of us arrived at 4 and we were all there till about 7 o clock after which we had our regular meet. I have just returned home from the meet its 2 am.

i was there but unfortunately couldn meet up.yeah it was a replica infact there was the blue modified ikon parked behind it and my zen was parked behind the ikon.

Rev
Old 4th December 2005, 04:30   #50
Max
BHPian

damn, i always miss meet posts !
Old 4th December 2005, 10:34   #51
BHPian

Hey Comrades, Where were all of you? The tBHP stall was deserted on Sat between ~12noon and ~2pm. I was hanging out at the p4 HID Xenon stall waiting to have the kit fitted by the Thai engineer. Finally I had to go to Khar to make the payment and have the HID Xenon kit fitted to my Baleno VXi. The Thai did a good job (of half my car) but the Indian guy who was getting trained was rude, crude, shoddy and irreverent. In the process of refitting my parking lights, the Indian guy has screwed it up... Also, my headlamp focusing has gone awry...
Old 4th December 2005, 10:45   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
that's what i thought...then again, one of the chinkara's is a caterham replica too, which was why i got confused as to the maker of this creation.

and yes, i knew about the meet time, but then, that's my point- i looked around uptil about 5:00 p.m, but couldn't see any familiar faces- where did y'all meet up..? i checked out the gate AND at the t-bhp stall....

@revtech- WHAT..? my swift was parked behind the "caterham" too...
Old 4th December 2005, 12:11   #53
Senior - BHPian

Some pictures I took at the Autocar Fair

The Team BHP stall

The Range Rover

The Rolls Royce Phantom

The Porsches

The show was pretty decent compared to the other shows we have in Mumbai. Atleast there were some cars worth a look. Porsche occupied the first stall where they had the Cayenne S and the new Boxter S. Loved the paint job on the Boxty since it looked very similar to that on the CGT. Ford had its Focus simulator but line kept me away from it. Audi had just the TT on display where as Range Rover had a single display too. There was an Octavia with multigraphics done up on a stall which was hosted by DC Trends. Enter the next hall and the Rolls Royce Phantom greets you. Truly the star of the show. This machine has presence like no other automobile. Makes the Maybach look like a pussy cat. Too much crowd there meant less chances for good pictures. HM had the blue EVO which we have talked about earlier and a Pajero on display. The seond floor had accessory stalls. Some were quite intestesting with strobe light sets and great alloy wheels on display. And yes Team BHP had its very own stall too and was quite catching good attantion. There was a mad rush at the ACI stall to see the bikes lined up which included the awesome Harley Davidson V Rod. The line to see the bikes was insame and we even got to witness a mini fist fight right in the middle of the hall. The meet did take place as well. The members present were me, Stratos, F50, viper,Aditya,Rtech, lamborghini,drifter, artofzen . Ported Head joined us too

Post expo we headed to see face where we chiiled out for a long time. Lambo and artof zen left us soon after . We were then joined by GTO and we headed out for dinner and drinks . Post dinner back to seaface. GTO and Stratos left after a while and were joined by Rtech and adya33 came later all the way from Pune to meet us. Hope you had a great time. We hung around till 12.30 AM after which we called it a day.

All in all a pretty good Saturday evening

Last edited by Dippy : 4th December 2005 at 12:13.
Old 4th December 2005, 12:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Range Rover

Hey guys.. had to mention a point.. the Range Rover here is the first 4.4 supercharged Range Rover Sport.. dint get to see it my self as i was away in Malaysia for a training.. will click detailed pics if the Mighty RRS once she is back in the Workshop.. Damn i missed the show..
Old 4th December 2005, 12:41   #55
Senior - BHPian

hey dippy how did you manage to click snaps without a million people coming in the way ??

@veyron what time were you there?? i reached there by about 4 40 and there was a white esteem parked behind but that dude was leaving so i parked in his place.right behind the ford ikon.

Rev

Last edited by revtech : 4th December 2005 at 12:45.
Old 4th December 2005, 13:55   #56
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Auto Car Performance Show 2005

Hi teambhpians, I want all of you, who visited the Autocar performance show 2005 at nehru centre to post the pictures that you took and also your review of the cars that were on display.
Old 4th December 2005, 14:01   #57
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Hi team bhp members I visited the show today at 10 ,I saw all the cars.I loved them all but the big daddy of them all the phantom it took my mind .I tried clicking its picture swith my camera phone but the car was too long even though my back was touching the wall i couldnt get the whole picture.
Also does any one know what film did that octavia with stickers and dc alloys have. Also can anyone give me the site of that brand which displayed it. hope you reply and fill this thread with your photos. Thankyou
Old 4th December 2005, 21:53   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Well,
here are my pics. Took them from a Sony Cybershot with 7.2 effective pixels. Any know why a few of the snaps are grainy?
Dippy got the meet spot on and some guy from DC trends seemed quite interested in our site and gave Dippy his visiting card.
My favorite was the Phantom easily. Couldn't get the pics of the SBKs as there was too much crowd.

This is the Octavia done up by DC Trends -

The 160BHP indica that can hit the ton in 7.5 seconds. Has a Rover engine and someone was mentioning that TATA plans to aunch this as an add on kit.

Interiors of the Lotus -

The T-BHP stall -

Well that is about all the pics i took.
There was also a Honda stall displaying 2 NHC VTECs but what i found odd was that one of the VTECs had Goodyears while the other had Bridgestones.
Cheers
Enjoy.

PS - Waiting for the Mumbai Motor Show now. Hope that is as good.
Hope to see more such shows from ACI.

Last edited by lamborghini : 4th December 2005 at 21:55.
Old 4th December 2005, 23:03   #59
Senior - BHPian

Some pics from my side of the show:

Porsche Cayenne

Honda S2000 - Loved the wheels of this car!!! And also of the Skoda Octavia!!

BMW M5 - After the Rolls Royce, this was everyones favorite (I hope).

Ford Focus - Being used for gaming.

N1 Ford Ikon - Decently modified.

Superlite 1200 - In the parking lot.

Mercedes Benz Bicycle
Old 4th December 2005, 23:34   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
N1 Ford Ikon - Decently modified.

hey thats the ford ikon im talking about.i parked my car right behind that yesterday.

why were they two guys sitting next to these cars and why were they in the parking lot in the first place why couldn they be taken inside as they pulled quite a big crowd in the parking lot itself.

many people have posted a report as well as fantastic pics so i dont want to duplicate things.in short the show was good would have been much better if it wasnt that crowded.a friend of mine wanted to go today also so i accompanied him.at around 6 45 it was soo crowded specially where the bikes were !! over all it was really good.the simulator wasnt that great .the best car obiously was the RR Phantom and the M5 following close behind.the lotus looked stunning and so did the S 2000 but i felt it had too many decals.but the wheels were amazing.infact all the cars on display had amazing alloys.and really really low profile tyres.

the stall that didnt impress me at all was the music stall.from what i could see it had a jvc head unit with some speakers and about 7 or 8 woofers in different sizes.with so many woofers you have to get good bass and theres no way that kind of sound will actually be replicated in a car with just one woofer.i dont see what point they were trying to make by playing music with so many woofers.

the neo stall had spinners in 16 inch as well as 17 inch and the guy said he should be gettin spinners for 15 inch in a while.most of the alloys were the normall one seen on some car or the other.and after that was the bikes which was soo Bl*&^ crowded and ofcourse the tbhp stall where i think rtech was standing with some one else not too sure about it though !!

rev

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks