Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 12:07   #1
BANNED

Meet the Gods: Bangalore-Udupi-Mookambika

Hi All,
I am planning a drive from Bangalore to Kollur, Udupi and some more places en route if time permits on the 10th, 11th and the 12th of Sept. I believe we can look forward to nice scenery, a decent mix of roads and yummy food(veg most of the places).

If anyone else is interested, please let me know. Hariya currently has 3 seats vacant.
Old 30th August 2010, 12:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Pls see this thread & follow MX6 suggestion, you'll have a good idea - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...s-chennai.html

I'll be glad if you're able to make the trip 'cause mine is still unfinished.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Am there with mine and my brothers family over the same weekend. Staying at Kundapur JK Towers.

Current plan is to visit Mookambikai temple, Udupi Sri Krishna Temple, beach and also try out the famous Shetty's Chicken Dosa.
Old 30th August 2010, 15:23   #4
BANNED

Good, we could probably do it together then. Lets see if we get any other people willing to join as well.
How about contacting Lukeskywalker and bantejas?
Old 30th August 2010, 19:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Lukeskywalker has sadly not got an appointment with the Gods this time, you guys have a fun drive, if you happen to stay in Kundapur and have time, you could also visit Kamalashile temple which is about 30 kms from Kundapur.
My travelogue written long ago is:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...malashile.html (Trip with a deference (Kamalashile))

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 30th August 2010 at 19:47.
Old 30th August 2010, 19:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Lukeskywalker has sadly not got an appointment with the Gods this time, you guys have a fun drive, if you happen to stay in Kundapur and have time, you could also visit Kamalashile temple which is about 30 kms from Kundapur.
My travelogue written long ago is:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...malashile.html

Repeat Post, Mods kindly delete. Thanks.
Old 1st September 2010, 09:17   #7
BANNED

Anyone else willing to join us? HappyWheels is coming with his wife and 2 kids so people with families willing to travel can easily join us as well.
Old 1st September 2010, 09:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey Devdath

I will be driving (with family) to Udupi on 10th morning, but our destination would be only my parents house. This trip is exclusively for the Ganapati festival. I intend to start at 4 AM on friday from Bangalore North.

I will be starting the return journey on Sunday (12th) around noon time.

I am not yet decided about the routes to be taken, currently watching the "Art of ...." thread
Old 2nd September 2010, 21:01   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hey Devdath

I will be driving (with family) to Udupi on 10th morning, but our destination would be only my parents house. This trip is exclusively for the Ganapati festival. I intend to start at 4 AM on friday from Bangalore North.

I will be starting the return journey on Sunday (12th) around noon time.

I am not yet decided about the routes to be taken, currently watching the "Art of ...." thread
Hey, Thats nice to know SV, We could probably drive together. Will wait for your inputs after you have finalised the route.
Old 2nd September 2010, 22:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hey, Thats nice to know SV, We could probably drive together. Will wait for your inputs after you have finalised the route.
Most probably i will drive through Hassan-Chikmagalur-Shringeri-Agumbe-Bramhavar (NH17) route.

i was planning to go to Karkala, now i need to find out how to include Karkala on way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks