Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2005, 17:39   #16
BHPian

Aah.. finally the post is up. Great writeup v1p3r.
There is nothing much more for me to add.

Thanks to all the organisers - JD, sideways, poncho as well as all the other chennai guys - nitrous , karthik who went out of their way to make our trip fun. These guys are the nicest people i have ever met. I just cant wait to return for another track day. We're totally hooked.

And there is nothing as much fun as driving on a track. Also being taken around the track in the EVO was absolutely incredible. That has to be the fastest vehicle i have ever been in. And it also shows the HUGE difference between the driving styles of a pro and us amateurs.

We are sure to return the next time this is being organised. And all of the other guys who missed it this time, do try and make it next time around. Its an experience that cant be missed.
Old 22nd December 2005, 20:20   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggressive_anush
And it also shows the HUGE difference between the driving styles of a pro and us amateurs.
Interesting indeed. Anush could you please elaborate on this? It'll be a great help for amateur like me.
Old 22nd December 2005, 20:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey v1p3r that was a excellent writeup and damn good pics. You guys had lot of fun out there. Wish i was there with you guys.
Old 22nd December 2005, 21:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Interesting indeed. Anush could you please elaborate on this? It'll be a great help for amateur like me.
Amateur and You?????? God help those pro's
Old 22nd December 2005, 22:54   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Viper & mclaren excellent Write up & Pics. good to hear that you guyz had a great day on track.

After reading ponchos post reg the track day I THOUGHT it was only for professionals and novice's like me wouldn't fit into it. BIG MISTAKE. I should have joined you guyz on the track. Please let me know of the next event, will surely make it for the event.

Being in Chennai I missed this.

Hats off to the organisers and participants!
Old 23rd December 2005, 00:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

Rudra ji, the pro we are talking about is JD Madan, who is officially the fastest person on a dragstrip in India. He is also the quickest competitor in the Esteem saloon championships. When he throws a 300bhp AWD car with 5 people in it into an four-wheel drift on a wet track, you think to yourself, MAN I GOTTA GET ME ONE OF THESE!!!
Old 23rd December 2005, 00:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Great Report guys. Brings back memories some sweet memories and some not so sweet (like when I crashed my RX).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
slower than the lap record set by jaydee i think..that on my 1st flying lap was quite commendable and i was immensely happy with my show(considering the fact that it was my first time in a FISSME and at the track)..could have bettered it by a huge margin in my 2nd flying lap but alas i spun it as i mentioned it earlier..was so impressed that i might want to participate in the next years championship if everything goes well....
Go for it man, its an absolute blast. Last year one of the veteran racers had an offer for a FISSME "arrive-and-drive" program for the whole season for like 95K or something. (BTW that's a really good deal). Not sure if it was KamleshPatel or Chandok.Sr.
If it too much, then 3 guys can share it and do 2 races each. No other expense.....just arrive at the track and jump into the cockpit. .......much...much cheaper than rallying.

Joz, Alto will work just fine. They even race TVS-50s in that track (its ridiculous...never quite figured why). But its better to run the short loop.....hey Sideways, it is possible to keep both the short and long loop open. All the tiny cars can take the short cut.

Last edited by Mpower : 23rd December 2005 at 00:19.
Old 23rd December 2005, 12:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

Mpower, we ran only the short loop. The full track had sections where the tar was peeling off, and got a little too gravelly, I'm told.

Wouldn't it be dangerous to run both halves together? The entry and exit between the loops would be a hotspot for accidents, I'm thinking.
Old 23rd December 2005, 21:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Your're right its gonna be a little tricky, but you could say the same about the spot where the pit-exit feds right into the point between C1 and C2. Almost every track has a pit entry and pit exit and this would be similar.

Oh man, hopefully they can open up the full loop next time. There is a corner called the 'never ending corner'........takes a while to master the correct line.

Last edited by Mpower : 23rd December 2005 at 21:32.
Old 23rd December 2005, 21:46   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Amateur and You?????? God help those pro's
I'm no pro when it comes to track because I've never done this in my life. On street I can manage myself or so I think after having a valid license for 29 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Rudra ji, the pro we are talking about is JD Madan, who is officially the fastest person on a dragstrip in India.
That's why I wanted to know what he was doing!!
Old 3rd January 2006, 22:38   #26
BHPian

Awsome write up guys, and lastly, you guys made it happen!!
[SIZE=2]See you at the track shortly :-)[/SIZE]
Old 5th January 2006, 23:13   #27
Senior - BHPian

oh, i forgot to add- did any bhpian get a chance at the evo...?

Last edited by veyron1 : 5th January 2006 at 23:16.
Old 5th January 2006, 23:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

aahhh...it seems like there's some truth to the famed say of heaven being here on earth...

DOH....i wish i was there....1 more thing to do in 2006...i REALLY wanna have a go at that track...

p.s- v1p3r...would you mind naming all (or at least some of) the blokes in that pic with the sbks and blue baleno..? mclaren...??
Old 5th January 2006, 23:29   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho
Awsome write up guys, and lastly, you guys made it happen!!
[SIZE=2]See you at the track shortly :-)[/SIZE]
hey buddy fantastic viewing for machine buffs lilke me on that link that u provided.

like to see if more of that could be posted on a regular basis.

plz keep up the good work!
Old 5th January 2006, 23:36   #30
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
aahhh...it seems like there's some truth to the famed say of heaven being here on earth...

DOH....i wish i was there....1 more thing to do in 2006...i REALLY wanna have a go at that track...

p.s- v1p3r...would you mind naming all (or at least some of) the blokes in that pic with the sbks and blue baleno..? mclaren...??
well yes veyron that saying is true. atleast for the 4 of us .. well its worth coming all the way to chennai for the next meet on the 4th and 5th of feb 2006 ..

ok il try naming a few here ...

the guy on the BMW is a member of the red roosters ( thats wht the group is called ) in front of the black bike is stan , the sbk with 88 is poncho's and i think thats rohit by its side , the other bikers too are from the red roosters ..

right in front of the baleno in the yellow shirt is v1p3r , next to him myself ( if u can see me that is ), agressive anush , his brother next to him , then chennai anna nitrous , amit in the yellow t-shirt , n_aditya in the white shirt looking back in front of his esteem , at the other end of the esteem is poncho with his hand raised(again covered by the guy next to the R1 ) , the guy behind the grey BMW with the pass and the bag is JD Madan , and to the extreme one to the right with the checks shirt and the jeans is sideways ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 5th January 2006 at 23:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks