Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2011, 13:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Baleno : Not starting! Issue with ECM wiring harness.

something similar happened on a friends Logan. It was found that the wiring for the fuel pump was chewed away by rats.
Old 3rd May 2011, 15:19   #17
v&v
Senior - BHPian

@heavy_foot : Me too suspecting the same. Even the FNG will be tracing for the wire cut.
Old 6th May 2011, 17:47   #18
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Finally the my Balneo is back in action. The FNG guy could not trace any wire cut anywhere. The relays, fuel pump every thing was checked, it was all working. Finally it was assumed to ECM related issue and its beyond there capacity.

Then the car was towed to Maruti Service Center. They too took good 1.5 days to finally trouble shoot it and finally today afternoon they traced it to a blown Resistance in the ECM.

I need to speak to the Advisor to find more details , how come this can happen !
Will update soon.

Damages Rs 1500/- including towing.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2011, 20:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Good news, and not very expensive to. I was worried as i also have baleno, now i know something like this may not be too much repair.
Old 3rd June 2011, 11:43   #20
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to the advisor. He told there was problem with ECM wiring harness. Hence it was changed. Here is the photo
Baleno : Not starting! Issue with ECM wiring harness.-03062011590.jpg
Old 14th November 2011, 19:16   #21
BHPian

Re: Baleno : Not starting! Issue with ECM wiring harness.

Something similar happened to my Baleno too today.

Yesterday while going through a crowded street, stuck in a traffic jam the check engine light came up but it went after the traffic cleared up. My wife complained of feeling some jerkiness and prophesied that we might have to look for a new car soon!

Three months back also check light came up once and then went away and before that I had some jerkiness and power fading away while driving in fourth gear for a while and then it went away and never returned.The mechanic said it could be due to dirt in fuel and advised getting fuel injectors cleaned if it persisted.

Today I started the car and went to nearby market. I hardly had driven for 3-400 meters suddenly I felt loss of power and engine died. I tried to restart, it would crank but did not start. Battery seems OK, all check lights came up as usual and crank was normal but it was like there was no fuel in car. I had filled up the tank just 150 kms ago.

Some mechanic who was passing by came and tried his hand. He checked the fuel line by sucking in to the line leading to throttle, there was petrol in it. Prima facie he found all fuses OK. I have called the Maruti service centre guy and they have promised to send a person in morning. The car is parked in a safe place and luckily it is just walking distance from home.Engine oil level was normal. One strange thing i noticed was one thicker pipe at the bottom of fuel filter was hanging out lose while two small ones at the top were connected, one coming from the firewall and another leading from fuel pump to throttle/injectors. I connected the free pipe to a inlet on the inside of left fender which seemed its right position (and only one which could accommodate such pipe)and waited for some time to crank again, but no result,same crank without engine starting.

I really have no idea, this car has never stopped on road and i used to say that I will keep it for 5 more years! Now I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope it is not fuel pump that is bust or something more serious.

Last edited by rock75 : 14th November 2011 at 19:35.
Old 15th November 2011, 11:17   #22
BHPian

Re: Baleno : Not starting! Issue with ECM wiring harness.

SOLVED!

Thanks to this thread I was knowing something about what could be wrong!

The mechanic came in morning and found that fuel is not coming so he asked me to fill some more petrol, though I was sure that low fuel isn't the case I went along and got 3 litre filled in the tank but still engine won't fire.

He checked the fuse box and fiddled with the fuses esp fuel pump fuse,still no result. He said the car would have to be taken to service station.

I told him to check the wires under the back seat that lead to fuel tank and pump as the fuel needle was not indicating any fuel the problem might be with the wires(having been educated by this thread) and presto there was a lose connection there caused probably by us bringing a bicycle for our son in the dickey and which while being pulled out probably losened the connection. He cranked again and engine fired to life

Damage Rs 200

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks