Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2011, 22:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Scorpio SLE - Left Pulling

Please check the suspension setup. That includes Struts, balance rod and trailing arm. also check the tierods and its ends.
Old 6th December 2011, 08:21   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Sir, I did not understand the question. Could you please paraphrase the query?

Spike
Since the scorpio has Hydraulic power steering, a bit of wobbling is expected when driven on rough patches, right or wrong ?

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 6th December 2011, 08:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

^^Yes, but not necessary. Vibrations can be isolated though, but that is a different story.

Spike
Old 12th December 2011, 12:42   #19

[FONT=&quot]The Left Pulling problem has still been with the car even after 7-8 visits to the service centre. I have lost my patience and wrote a strong letter to Mahindra Customer Care and SKS Automobiles after giving my vehicle for 3rd free service.... indicating that I will not take the Scorpio delivery without a new Replacement. The letter below
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]CAR Model : SCORPIO SLE [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CAR NO : KA O5 MJ 4331[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chassis No : MA1TA2HFNA2M25284[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Engine No : HFA4L45383[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MFG Date : 12/2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Date of Registration : 03.01.2011[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ownership in the name of : BIGT EXIM INTERNATIONAL PRIVATE LIMITED[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Purchased from Dealer : SKS AUTOMOBILES, Bangalore [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]COMPLAINT HISTORY [/FONT][FONT=&quot] :[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]MM Ref complaint Document no : KC23/0002[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]On 23rd March 2011 at 3.30 AM I had been to Bangalore International Airport to receive my father from Europe. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On return we found that the vehicle had slight wobbling. So we stopped and checked that all tyres were intact [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And found no punchers. On close observations we found that one of the screws were broken in the back left tyre.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We tried using the jack stick to tighten the rest of the screws with no action found. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As we had family at that time we tried driving another few meters and the wobbling increased. So the car was [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stopped immediately and checked. We found that all the screws had come out and tyre was about to fall. Immediately[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We searched for the jack and raised the car. Within few centimetres of Jack going up we found that the tyre fell apart. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What was surprising was that we could not find 24hrs help line number of SKS automobiles in the car windshield nor in [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The booklet given to us. So we called upon the Mahindra 24 hrs helpline for assistance. We had to pay Rs.2800 for [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Toying the car from Airport road to your service centre at Banneraghatta road.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The family was scared at this incident and we were stranded early in the morning with 2 years baby on hand. We got a [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alternative taxi arranged which took one hour to arrive and the family reached home. We were lucky for if I had [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Driven another 100mtrs the left tyre would have rolled out and it would have lead to an major accident. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]From then till now SKS automobiles have not been able to give a proper reply for the problem nor solved the issue [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Of steering wobbling, left pulling and uncomfortable drive in high speeds. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Time and again we have gone back to SKS for the same problem for 7-8 times now and the reply from the following people[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]of SKS Automobiles [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. Mr. Mahesh - Service Mgr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Mr. Maqhbul Ahmed - Works Manager [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. Mr. Surendra - GM Service [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. Mr. Prasad - Service executive [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Was that they have tried the following every time we sent for repair and said that the problem may be rectified [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. Wheel alignment [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Tyre Rotation clock wise[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. Tyre Rotation Diagonal & checked [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. checked the suspension and found right[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Every time the service team has tried the above 4 combination at least twice. After all the above combination still the problem persisted.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So we insisted their Service General Manager – Mr. Surendra that the following be replaced[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. All 4 tyres[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. All 4 alloy wheels [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. complete front and back suspension.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]However SKS Automobiles Mr. Surendra - GM service said they have checked the tyres and alloys with a new set in our car [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And found that the same problem persisted, so by changing with the new set of tyres and alloys the problem will not be solved.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also they have checked the suspension for some fault. Then what is the problem in the car which SKS Automobiles are not able to [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Identify. To our understanding the car supplied to us is a manufacturing defect. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Problems faced due to this problem: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. NON of the Directors are willing to use the vehicle for Long Distance Travel. Due to this company has to [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Incur additional cost in providing alternative TAXI or a alternative company car. This is causing lots of unrest[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As we have invested 10.5 LAC which is of no use to company now. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. No additional Fitment made to car like Music system. The board has insisted that the problem be first rectified [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Or a replacement be taken from the company before any further expenditure on the car.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3. We have become SKS Automobiles Quality inspectors in inspecting the vehicle by taking for a long drive every time [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To check if the problem is rectified or not. We have invested the money to enjoy the Scorpio and not to become SKS Quality Inspectors.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4. Due to my personal recommendation the company has purchased the vehicle and now I am forced to use the faulty SCORPIO and face [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All the problems in running between the service centre and the checking if the same is rectified. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5. After the first incident of rare tyre bolts coming out, all the people are scared to use the SCORPIO on long drive. To add to the [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Problem & to prove the problem still exist the steering wobbling and left pulling continues to be the part of the SUV. This has made [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Further clear that it is unsafe and unstable to use for long drive. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]6. We have called Mahindra customer care and complained again on 30th Nov 2011 for the same problem + SKS Automobiles not taking [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Any action in this regard. Till date we have not received any proper reply. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]CONCLUSION:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As an individual this is my second Scorpio which we have purchased. It has been my dream SUV and hence with lots of hope and aspiration[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We have purchased this Scorpio again. For I know Mahindra are reliable in delivering the product and giving a hand holding in solving the problem.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We feel the vehicle was sold to us having a Manufacturing Defect which SKS Automobiles are trying to convince us by doing [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Trial and error method. We feel SKS Automobile are buying time to ensure the warranty expires on 03rd Jan 2012 and till date we have [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]not seen any progress or rectification of this problem. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We have given SKS AUTOMOBILEs enough time and co-operated for 11 months now. It is high time that MAHINDRA intervene [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In this and takes a decision to replace our defective SCORPIO with a brand new SCORPIO. We have not taken the delivery of our [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SCORPIO from SKS AUTOMOBILES which was given for 3rd free service vide Job card on 29th Nov 2011, till date as we have not received any [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]proper communication. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In the vent of SKS Automobiles and Mahindra does not reply to us with-in 3 days from this mail with a responsible, corrective solution[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]by replacing with a new Scorpio. We will be forced to take up this case with the consumer court. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Look forward to your reply.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Till now we have not received any proper reply.... today morning I have received a call that they have solved the problem and they are calling for a test drive again......[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Team BHP : kindly advice what is the proces for me to get a new replacement of the Scorpio. SKS Automobiles are really taking me for a ride.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Look forward to your reply ASAP.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Regards[/FONT]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks