Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2011, 17:01   #31
BHPian

Re: Rattlling, noisy Linea T-Jet. Tata- Fiat A.S.S Useless and Hopeless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
This was shown to Mr. Donald from Fiat during the Fiat free checkup camp but in vain. That was the day when I lost hope in Fiat 'India'.
Also I did not see Mr. Donald getting worried for a T-Jet Customer who had his brakes jammed once in traffic. To me he was more sounding like a KHT representative than Fiat.
These free service camps are at best an eye wash unless the company is dead serious about making positive changes. No offence or personal criticism to anyone but the dealers 'take proper care' of the executives who come from the factory so that they pass on a satisfactory report. During the camp, after the discussion it was agreed that the main action points will be circulated with at least all people present for the camp, but nothing happened so you can very well imagine what would have happened to the paper on which notes were taken. Eventually they would go back and present a fact finding presentation to the management and as usual management would remain in the dark.

Though, so far I don't have any problems with my Linea but god forbid something happens, I am not sure which is the best place to go to. And, if you can really trust the designated people.

Why don't you compile a report and send it to (courier) the CEO marked with folks in Overdrive and Autocar. Anyways, Shirish and Hormazd are no favorites of Fiat?
Old 30th May 2011, 17:17   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
These free service camps are at best an eye wash unless the company is dead serious about making positive changes. No offence or personal criticism to anyone but the dealers 'take proper care' of the executives who come from the factory so that they pass on a satisfactory report. During the camp, after the discussion it was agreed that the main action points will be circulated with at least all people present for the camp, but nothing happened so you can very well imagine what would have happened to the paper on which notes were taken. Eventually they would go back and present a fact finding presentation to the management and as usual management would remain in the dark.

Though, so far I don't have any problems with my Linea but god forbid something happens, I am not sure which is the best place to go to. And, if you can really trust the designated people.

Why don't you compile a report and send it to (courier) the CEO marked with folks in Overdrive and Autocar. Anyways, Shirish and Hormazd are no favorites of Fiat?
I have seen one Mr. Praveen whom I met at prerana motors last year. He seemed not biased towards the Dealership which was evident from couple of things-
1. The service advisor was not ready to make me meet the Fiat personnel.
2. The way service advisor was 'scared' of Mr. Praveen.

But the case at KHT motors, I 100% agree with you. I too was able to smell something 'caring' going on.

As far as posting to the CEO is concerned, I am 120% sure that this thread is followed.

BTW Latest update- Rattling is back after driving the car for 20 kms. No action planned for near future.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 30th May 2011 at 17:27.
Old 31st May 2011, 06:55   #33
Team-BHP Support

During a recent flight back to Singapore, I was watching a Nat-Geo video of Maserati factory in Italy, and how rigorous and meticulous is their quality checks and controls. Now, its unrealistic to expect that much of method and precesion on lesser cars in the family, but atleast they can bring in some of the best practices. QC issues were common with Alfa Romeo and Fiat cars worldwide, and from the recent reviews (starting from Alfa Mito), it looks like they have managed to step up the quality of Alfa cars. Hope they can do the same for Fiat as well, and propagate that to Fiat India as well.

On a separate note, even if they manage to put together a better product, they seriously need to look outside Tata for the Sales and Service. From the recent threads, it looks like they are so good in making a niggling issue to a significant one.
Old 24th March 2013, 19:24   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
So till date my 5k done Linea T-Jet has spent 9 days at workshop in totality.
Problems till date-
1. Rear plastic rattling- earlier I thought it is the misaligned door. They fixed the alignment, the rattling reduced but did not disappear. Now it has increased. I myself am unable to make where the sound is coming from (forget about KHT motors mechanics)

2. Rear left suspension klick-klick sound- And now the sound is coming from both the sides while slowly manuevering the car over potholes.
Hi - I was wondering if your issues got resolved?
I wanted to know if the root cause of your rear sound was found. I have the same sound coming from the rear left and a little from the rear right as well. Please advise, thanks a bunch.
Old 25th March 2013, 11:25   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAxe View Post
Hi - I was wondering if your issues got resolved?
I wanted to know if the root cause of your rear sound was found. I have the same sound coming from the rear left and a little from the rear right as well. Please advise, thanks a bunch.
@BadAxe, The plastic rattling was due to loose hand rest latch. The issue did not fix, but the only way to live with it is to keep it in down position rather than lifted it up. It sounds funny but works.

The suspension sound was due to a bad strut. It got it replaced during the third service. I have mentioned this in other thread, when KHT had tried to elongate the matter for first 2 years. The problem was diagnosed after 2 years and 10 days i.e. when the default warranty gets over. It was a surprise diagnosis for me. Unfortunately for KHT they weren't aware of my extended warranty. Otherwise this diagnosis was not going to be revealed for next 2 years.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 25th March 2013 at 11:26.
Speed Pujari is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks