Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2013, 21:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Overshot Service Interval. Now what?

The rule of thumb is +/- 500 km for any vehicle. The simple reason is it is next to impossible to get your vehicle there on the dot of say 5,000 km.

The time thing is a bit more important if your car remains unused but then again all they say is 6 months or whatever so you have the whole month to do it in, which translates to +/- 15 days. This is because your oil degrades with lack of use
pganapathy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 22:34   #17
BHPian

Re: Missed my car servicing by 1000 odd kilometers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjimso View Post
Guys,

I have a i20 CRDi and its done over 13500 kms, my second service was due at 12400 kms. I have another trip which might be over 1000 kms this weekend. I am sure i will not have the time to get it serviced but can anyone let me know if its okay to go ahead.

Mods: I was not able to find a thread for this query, please merge wherever necessary
Ideally you shouldn't have a problem, but its better to keep your service coordinator informed on the status.

For the future services its always better to get the vehicle serviced a couple of hundred Kms and a few days before the actual due, rather than allowing them an option to criticize us in case of any faults
Old 31st August 2024, 13:22   #18
BHPian

I bought a Maruti Ignis last year and the third service is due on 3rd November 2024. The car has been used sparingly and the current Odo reading is 3000 kms. I am planning to go abroad from 15th October for two months. Should I get the service done say a month early, or can I get it done after I get back, about 6 weeks after the service is due? Does Maruti respond if we email them on such questions?
Old 31st August 2024, 14:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

I gave our Crysta for its 10 thousand service at 10700 because we had to go on a roadtrip. The service advisor told us that Toyota is okay with a 1000 km overshoot

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks