Team-BHP - A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/102011-superb-car-cleaning-polishing-detailing-guide-112.html)

The best microfiber towels all have korean fiber. Still waiting for my care package BTW. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalZ (Post 1734595)
The best microfiber towels all have korean fiber. Still waiting for my care package BTW. :D

is on the way- my friend who had to come back got a little delayed so 1ce he is back wld send urs immediately..
megs are made in china- out of all the sets only norton is made in korea...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 1734487)
So which is the best of the lot?

How do the MORE ones compare to Viking and Meguiars?

Best are clearly 3M , cant get them thats the prob...meguiars are the next and then i feel norton and viking...the ones from MORE are good for wet wiping - not as good as the rest. Norton are tough- great for daily use..
SPAR has a set which is also as good as viking...had posted their pics earlier

MODS: Sorry but missed multi quoting, dunno how to do that now..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkh (Post 1734620)
Best are clearly 3M , cant get them thats the prob...meguiars are the next and then i feel norton and viking...the ones from MORE are good for wet wiping - not as good as the rest. Norton are tough- great for daily use..
SPAR has a set which is also as good as viking...had posted their pics earlier

MODS: Sorry but missed multi quoting, dunno how to do that now..

It was some task to clean glass everyday as most of the cloths left some streaks/lints incl the microfibers.
Today i used the NORTON microfiber and see spray(amway) - the effect was fantastic. The cloth was gliding over soooo smoothly, i wiped it over and over again just to enjoy the feel of it.
The microfibers in that cloth are ideal for such usage- its the best in the lot i have used so far to clean glass and to wipe dry...

My next item on the list for car washing is Grit Guard. This is supposed to work like a charm and will ensure no swirl marks from reviews I read. Now need people to get them from US.

You just have to put it in the bottom of the bucket. All the mud particles settle on the bottom and the design ensures that it does not come back up and stick back in the wash mitten or cloth.

The Grit Guard Insert

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-blackgginscutaway_2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkh (Post 1734953)
It was some task to clean glass everyday as most of the cloths left some streaks/lints incl the microfibers.
Today i used the NORTON microfiber and see spray(amway) - the effect was fantastic. The cloth was gliding over soooo smoothly, i wiped it over and over again just to enjoy the feel of it.
The microfibers in that cloth are ideal for such usage- its the best in the lot i have used so far to clean glass and to wipe dry...

The 3M professional is really wonderful both for paint surface (after wash) as also windscreen. (I have been using 3M products for years especially the one meant for electronics LCD etc.) which I always carry with me for my spectacles.

Picked Mr.Leather from Metro last weekend. Did some trial run on front seats (PU+leather comb). Result is very good, seats looks very good now. Applied the same on my shoes but did not see the expected result :-)))).

Quote:

Originally Posted by janitha (Post 1735297)
The 3M professional is really wonderful both for paint surface (after wash) as also windscreen. (I have been using 3M products for years especially the one meant for electronics LCD etc.) which I always carry with me for my spectacles.

Yeah the 3M are THE BEST( blue ones), however gotta use them sparingly cause cant get more apparently...they are not sold to outside people strictly..was lucky to get a few..
I am planning to use the Norton for regular use, for wax & detailing to use Meguiars and 3M. For removing dust- the yellow 3M. For wiping dry- Norton and the ones from Spar are good.
With the california duster, the use of micro fibers are greatly reduced..thanks to its great dust lifting capacity

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 1735239)
My next item on the list for car washing is Grit Guard. This is supposed to work like a charm and will ensure no swirl marks from reviews I read. Now need people to get them from US.

You just have to put it in the bottom of the bucket. All the mud particles settle on the bottom and the design ensures that it does not come back up and stick back in the wash mitten or cloth.

The Grit Guard Insert

Attachment 288899

Think can be done by ourselves get a plastic fruit basket cut and put it in a adequately sized bucket :).

If I run out of car shampoo, and resupply is not available anytime soon, and my car needs a wash very much, can I use a good bathing soap like Lux International or Dove to clean the particularly dirty regions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skdking (Post 1735592)
If I run out of car shampoo, and resupply is not available anytime soon, and my car needs a wash very much, can I use a good bathing soap like Lux International or Dove to clean the particularly dirty regions.

Your car body may become soft and fair!!:D and AB may chase your car.

No idea about this and never tried before. It should not be a problem, if you can use it on your skin why not car skin.

Quote:

Absolutely no worries, skdking. I have used my grand-daughter's left-over Johnsons baby shampoo for my Fiat Linea.

Quote:

Why not always keep a bottle as reserve? Presently I am having two as reserve. Anyway don't even think of using things like Harpic!:eek:

I usually keep 'waterless car wash' as reserve! :D

btw awesome microfiber comparisons mkh!!
The Hyundai A.S.S. guys use the Norton MF cloth if you 'persuade' them to!(literally)

Anyways, I finally bought a polisher!! :D

It came with a huge polishing head(180mm), Free sandpaper and a wool buffing pad!

will have to buy a smaller head and sponge pad separately!
It has variable speeds, lowest being suitable for normal buffing or wax/scratchX application etc.

but its damn heavy for me(if using singlehandedly)

will try it out on my mom's car later(which really needs some serious detailing)

You need to be extremely careful with this machine. It can really spoil painted surface if not applied with right pressure.

Yea! I wanted to get a 'Dual Action Polisher' as its much safer for amateurs like me!

but looked everywhere and this is the only thing they had!

I will 'feather touch' it with the paint surface to be treated

btw, the shop guy also said to keep the rotating head moving all the time and not just keep it at one point!

Any other tips will be greatly appreciated! :D