Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2023, 09:01   #16
BHPian

Re: Why relay for high watt lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Can't really say how much power these Chinese LED lights consume. .
I plan to check current since power losses are I square x R from what I remember. I can do this with a simple clamp meter. Will post back results at the earliest.

Meanwhile, the contacts will run significantly cooler than halogen and thus increase the current carrying capacity of the wires in the headlamp.

Lastly, my concern is that the dust caps of the headlamps are really tough and airtight. Is the right way to cut through it and then seal it up again? What would be a good way to do this trick? I was thinking RTV gasket maker but the hassle is that the sockets are already wired in the H7 relay kit and it'll require significant cutting.
Old 8th September 2023, 09:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
Lastly, my concern is that the dust caps of the headlamps are really tough and airtight. Is the right way to cut through it and then seal it up again? What would be a good way to do this trick?
If you're even drilling a hole in the cap, please refer to my post on HID install - I've managed to drill the smallest hole on the cap to tightly fit the rubber grommet.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5447694 (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 11:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
If you're even drilling a hole in the cap, please refer to my post on HID install - I've managed to drill the smallest hole on the cap to tightly fit the rubber grommet.
Thanks for this. Unfortunately, I don't have such a rubber grommet at all. I have no issues with drilling a hole.
Also, removing the H7 connectors from their housing may be a herculean task. The male end seems easy. Unsure how to undo the female end.

Regardless, dying to see how hot the srock wires get. For all you know the stock wiring is sufficient. From what I gathered on this thread previously, export vehicles can do 80W fuss-free.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks