Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2011, 12:30   #16
BHPian

Re: New Skoda Laura - Issues

Thanks all. Sitting in the service center.

On the climatronic control - they have checked and even updated some software. But it's finally clear that it's faulty and they have to replace it. Hopefully they will replace it soon.

Rest of the issues are still WIP. Will keep you posted.
Old 4th June 2011, 22:39   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
4) Brakes: have two issues with the same;
i) It turns rusty even if the car is not used for a day.
ii) If I apply breaks at slow speeds - unpleasant noise comes from the front. It's like noice from those buses (thought not that loud).

One thing I noticed on my visit to Skoda stockyard to inspect the Laura (which was supposed to be delivered to me) was that all the cars there, from the Fabia to Superb (including Yeti) had rust like formations on the brake discs. Normally this layer peels off when the brakes are applied for the first time after a break of few days. But the rust did catch my eye. I have been using my Laura everyday since I took delivery last week. Will let you know if the discs turn rusty after some period of non usage.

Regarding sound : My brakes make no sound whatsoever. They seem to be quite strong, overly strong infact. Kind of grabby. I have to be very careful in not applying too much pressure. Guess that happens when the brake pads and discs are new. Hoping they will settle down and become more progressive after the brakes are run in properly.

Quote:
6) Clutch: I found the same to be bit harder than my Innova.
I also have a Corolla and I can tell you that the clutch on my Laura is super soft when compared to the Corolla and requires much lesser effort to depress. It has made me think that maybe the clutch on my Corolla needs servicing!
Old 4th June 2011, 23:18   #18
BHPian

Thanks everyone!

They have sorted out the key issues;

Climatronic control has been replaced & they are not sure about the cause. It seems this is the first issue they are receiving in a new car. The old part is being sent to R&D for further investigation.

12V Electric Socket - Fuse had gone which has been replaced.

Cabin Lights - started working in the workshop. No clue...how!

Brake & Steering noise - i have tested few more laura's in the workshop and the noise seems common in all the vehicles.

Overall - they took care of me & the vehicle today. It was super service (not sure if it's due to their GM's involvement...since I escalated to higher management). In fact - 4 of them very working exclusively on the car from 11 AM till 3:30 PM non-stop (without lunch).

Looks like it's a happy ending & hopefully I'll not have any further issue with this beast!

Thanks everyone!
Old 5th June 2011, 08:07   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks everyone!

They have sorted out the key issues
Good to know Mahesh. You must be a very relieved man
Keep posting on how you’re going with your new drive.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 13:20   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to see that they gave you good service.

Regarding VIN - my Laura TSI VIN says it was assembled on 31st August 2009 and I bought it on 4th Feb 2010, and I think that's fine - not so fast moving item like the Laura TSi can, at times, take some months from the CKD shipment to finding a customer.

Keep a watch on the steering noise. Steering rack/column/axles are all expensive parts. Get it on records that you logged a complaint about the same within first few months of ownership - just in case it turns out to be a real issue, it will help force Skoda honour the warranty.

Cheers!
Old 6th June 2011, 14:48   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

Regarding VIN - my Laura TSI VIN says it was assembled on 31st August 2009 and I bought it on 4th Feb 2010, and I think that's fine - not so fast moving item like the Laura TSi can, at times, take some months from the CKD shipment to finding a customer.

Cheers!
Just received my RC book (smart card) by post today and found that the card contains the Date of Mfg accurately as 03/2011. (This was the date produced by the VIN decoder) The RC book for my earlier cars have only year of manufacture. This will be crucial information while selling the car at a later date since the new buyer will be able to see this info, and could discount the value if the date of manufacture is more than 3 or 4 months earlier to registration date.
Old 6th June 2011, 15:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
later date since the new buyer will be able to see this info, and could discount the value if the date of manufacture is more than 3 or 4 months earlier to registration date.
For re-sale i would not really worry too much. If the car is in impeccable shape, you can demand your money and there are folks out there who are ready to pay a little more to get a better car than get a so-so car and spend on it. But thats my point of view.
Old 6th June 2011, 16:21   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Overall - they took care of me & the vehicle today. It was super service (not sure if it's due to their GM's involvement...since I escalated to higher management). In fact - 4 of them very working exclusively on the car from 11 AM till 3:30 PM non-stop (without lunch).Thanks everyone!
Happy to note that Skoda's service seems to be improving!
Old 6th June 2011, 18:14   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Just received my RC book (smart card) by post today and found that the card contains the Date of Mfg accurately as 03/2011. (This was the date produced by the VIN decoder) The RC book for my earlier cars have only year of manufacture. This will be crucial information while selling the car at a later date since the new buyer will be able to see this info, and could discount the value if the date of manufacture is more than 3 or 4 months earlier to registration date.

Who cares about the resale value of the TSi?
It's a car to be possessed for the lifetime.

Cheers!
Old 6th June 2011, 18:57   #25
BHPian

Quote:

Keep a watch on the steering noise. Steering rack/column/axles are all expensive parts. Get it on records that you logged a complaint about the same within first few months of ownership - just in case it turns out to be a real issue, it will help force Skoda honour the warranty.

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
For re-sale i would not really worry too much. If the car is in impeccable shape, you can demand your money and there are folks out there who are ready to pay a little more to get a better car than get a so-so car and spend on it. But thats my point of view.
Quote:
Who cares about the resale value of the TSi?
It's a car to be possessed for the lifetime.

Cheers!
Thanks all!

that it's a car which can come long way! In my case - they have put in the smart card the date of manufacturing as "Jan 2011"...which is neither a manufacturing/ assembly date nor selling date. Guess - they have put Jan - to show that the car is 2011 model & not 2010 as per assembly details. On a different note - I am sure while reselling the person who buys can also decode the VIN & figure out that it's not a 2011 model. I am actually not worried about it being the which year it got manufactured as long it runs well! And while reselling the buyer would look for how well the car is maintained. I just sold my 2007 Innova Gx, run 55k kms with first set of tyres (put Michelin instead of Bridgestone while taking delivey in '07) for 8.7 Lacs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks