Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2021, 10:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Issues with a 2001 Maruti 800 AC, Euro II compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolhead_97 View Post
Thanks for the reply mate. I will be visiting the MASS within a week, and I shall report them the same.

What might be the reason behind the hissing sound, when the car is parked in gear, and it is pushed from behind. Is this normal?

Also, when I am upshifting, I lose speed, and the car starts to vibrate, and almost stalls. The engine looks to be running on a single cylinder, and feels almost dead. What things might have messed up?
A.
Depends where the hissing is coming from.

. If it is coming from the wheels then the brakes must be binding. To check this go to an open road. Speed up to about 60km/h. Put the car in neutral and coast. If the brakes are binding the car will come to a stop fast.

. If it is coming from the engine bay then then the AC clutch may be the culprit.

B.

Stalling can be either the brakes binding or the AC clutch always on. In either case get both checked.

It may also happen that the plugs are fouled and you are really running on one or two cylinders. But in that case you will have massive starting problem.

Last edited by Aroy : 26th October 2021 at 10:03.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 19:13   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
A.
Depends where the hissing is coming from.

. If it is coming from the wheels then the brakes must be binding. To check this go to an open road. Speed up to about 60km/h. Put the car in neutral and coast. If the brakes are binding the car will come to a stop fast.

. If it is coming from the engine bay then then the AC clutch may be the culprit.

B.

Stalling can be either the brakes binding or the AC clutch always on. In either case get both checked.
. But in that case you will have massive starting problem.

A. I did the coasting test, as per your instruction. And yeah, I can confirm the car slowed down steadily and came to a complete stop. I came to a conclusion that the wheels are jammed for some reason (maybe the brakes are binding, or what?

The hissing sound is prominent while driving the car. And when the car is parked, and is in gear, when I try to push the car another hissing sound comes from the engine bay!

So No. 1 hissing sound is because of the brakes binding, and No. 2 hissing sound is from the engine bay, I don't know its origin!

B. I do not have any starting problem, the engine starts without any hesitation. I am planning to fit some accessories in that car, and I will visit MASS. How do I explain them the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I think your rear drum brakes are sticking and not releasing the brakes, please dismantle the rear brakes and clean it up.
Yeah, that is one problem, I figured out just know. I think the rear drum brakes are dead by now

Also, I have a warning light for the brakes in my instrument cluster, which lights up randomly.

Name:  brakewarninglight.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  40.2 KB

Note: I have a separate light, if the Handbrake is engaged. which looks like this.
Name:  imgbincarparkingbrakebrakefluididiotlightparkingWVMiAbLatN4F9a125gbLJvr1z.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  35.7 KB

But the parking brake light works fine, as it should.

Last edited by moralfibre : 28th October 2021 at 19:27. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
Old 29th October 2021, 12:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti 800 AC Compressor issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolhead_97 View Post
Yeah, that is one problem, I figured out just know. I think the rear drum brakes are dead by now

Also, I have a warning light for the brakes in my instrument cluster, which lights up randomly.

Attachment 2225167

Note: I have a separate light, if the Handbrake is engaged. which looks like this.
Attachment 2225168

But the parking brake light works fine, as it should.
Get the rear drum brakes replaced soon. My K10 started with wheel binding at times and the one fine day it got locked. The reason was that the brake shoe had broken - 11 years old and not replaced as I have done only 19k km).

The brake sighn could be indicating brake problems. The second sign is only for parking brake.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks