Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2011, 12:21   #16
BHPian

Re: Help - 2007 Ford Ikon RPM Sensor

Atlast the problem is solved as of now, i changed the RPM sensor cost 2000/- for the part, done from outside mechanic (Car Electrician), he told me to do servicing and get the throttle body cleaned. two days back i got my car serviced at Mahindra 1st Choice.
Things done Washing and servicing, all mechanical and electrical check up, engine oil changed, throttle body cleaned and radiator cleaned and coolant completely changed.
My car had done 28k kms so i had to do throttle body cleaning as the car was not smooth in pick up also. After i drove it yesterday night i can tell there is a drastic change in the smoothness and pick up of the car. i can rev it freely now.
Mahindra 1st choice has done a great job for me. i am happy that my car is back to original smoothness. Only one thing remaining that i want to change the spark plug to normal NGK, service center was not having NGK normal so did not changed it.
Total service bill: Rs. 3280/- (1150 servicing + 780 engine oil + 200 filter + 250 crab spray + 350 throttle cleaning + 250 coolant and remaining service tax)
Old 24th June 2011, 12:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakowli View Post
Atlast the problem is solved as of now, i changed the RPM sensor cost 2000/- for the part, done from outside mechanic (Car Electrician), he told me to do servicing and get the throttle body cleaned. two days back i got my car serviced at Mahindra 1st Choice.
Glad that your problem is solved finally.
I think people here correctly suggested to get the throttle body clean.
But why didn't you first got the throttle body cleaned up completely and observe if that solved the problem?
IMO you should have done the rpm sensor replacement after observing the difference made by throttle body cleaning.
Anything you noticed in the rpm sensor that went bad?
Old 24th June 2011, 15:23   #18
BHPian

i first thought it was some wiring problem as rats are enjoying their stay at night in my car engine bay. so i gave it to the electrician to check. My car servicing was also due but i was delaying because was busy at work and no time to take the car. now also the service center guy took my car for servicing but to bring it back i had to send my sister's car driver there. that was the reason i replaced the sensor first.
Old 13th July 2012, 17:35   #19
BHPian

Sorry but had to reopen this thread as the same old problem has re surfaced in my car. This time it is more serious, i took my car to mechanic to get this problem sorted out for once, but after cleaning the throttle body it has become more serious. Before atleast i could drive the car but now the car is in the garage for whole week, the mechanic tried to change all the sensors and throttle body whichever parts are inter changeable only leaving the engine with another Ikon 1.3 but nothing is faulty. Now the car starts but when you race it dies down. Today i have sent it to Ford Service center for Scanning on Computer, waiting for the reply. Had to tow it. No sensors fault, no throttle body, No ECM problem, No fuel pump problem. Engine Oil, Coolant and all other oils i have changed just 15days back. Still No clue about the problem. Hoping for some solution from FORD ASC.
Old 13th July 2012, 18:54   #20
BHPian

So what you're saying is that it idles well, but the moment you touch the throttle, it dies? Is that right?
Old 16th July 2012, 12:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM2488 View Post
So what you're saying is that it idles well, but the moment you touch the throttle, it dies? Is that right?
Yes this is the problem.
Old 16th July 2012, 16:56   #22
BHPian

JUST Got a call from Wasan Ford, they are saying the problem is in wiring, it is short at the fuel injector side and also rat has played his part by cutting some wires. They are quoting Rs. 15k for the repair. Major being Wiring kit Rs. 9000 and additional injector wiring 1500, rest all is Fog light bulb, some socket and injector cleaner.

Just wanted to know is 10500 for wiring correct or expensive.
Old 18th July 2012, 01:40   #23
BHPian

For Ford, the numbers are right. But a reasonably well equipped garage can get it done for less.
AFAIK, the bulbs' (halogens) cost varies depending on brand and quality (start at 140/-); the sockets a few hundred bucks, and injector cleaning on Ikon with a machine is 750/-. Shreeji Ford wanted to charge me 2500/- for the cleaning, so I refused. Fuel injector sockets are around 120/- each, you'll need four. A competent mechanic should get all of this done for around 5k without replacing the harness. I'd say go with the A.S.C. if you can't get in touch with a good mechanic.
Old 18th July 2012, 17:22   #24
BHPian

yes i thought the same thing, i don't want to mess with the wiring. i have told them to replace, not giving it anywhere out. atleast i will have peace of mind don't want any risk.
Old 18th July 2012, 20:31   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakowli View Post
atleast i will have peace of mind don't want any risk.
You won't have peace of mind till you get rid of the rat menace.

On another note, an ECU scan tool will probably tell you which wires have been chopped. Cheap and quick!
Old 20th July 2012, 10:30   #26
BHPian

The car is done. Brought it back from ASC yesterday evening. On a good note the problem is sorted. For rats i have done the wax treatment from ASC itself, they sprayed some solution on the engine under the bonnet. They say its the rat treatment, the smell doesn't allow the rat to come near. So lets see how it works. Anyhow i will be doing my treatment also of tobacco and mirchi powder. Now coming to the point and repairs done.
Listed below:
Fuel Injector wiring : 8100/-
TP Sensor: 1100/-
Fuel Injector Cleaner: 200/-
One more thing related to Injector : 2700/- (Willl confirm in the evening.)
Wax Treatment: 500/-
Rest is the Labour and Taxes.
Total amount paid: Rs. 15300/-

I thought it was the whole wiring, but it was only the injector wiring which was changed.
Old 20th July 2012, 18:32   #27
BHPian

8 grand for injector wiring is plainly ridiculous (I'm going by the word "wiring", implying no "components" were changed). I think the 2700/- is the charge for cleaning the fuel injectors.

I'm sure an ECU scan would have caught the misfire due to injectors, and a good quality garage could have done the job just as well for a lot less. Regardless, the important part is that the car is running fine now. Good luck!
Old 24th July 2012, 17:18   #28
BHPian

8 grands wiring was with all the sockets required for connection. i thought it to be expensive but not choice so had to do it. Yes the important part is car is running fine. On sunday went for a long drive of about 250kms from and to. everything is perfectly alright. M LOVING IT.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks