Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2014, 18:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Removing Cement Spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post
There are some dried cement spots on the windscreen.
Is there a way out to remove the cement spots without damaging / scratching the wind screen.
Try toothpaste it works.
Old 19th November 2014, 11:48   #17
BHPian

How to remove Cement stuck to car Underbody

Hi All,

I own a Fiat Linea and apparently I ran over some fresh cement on the road at night (probably dropped by some Ready Mix Concrete truck )

The issue is that a thin layer of cement has stuck to the wheel arches (under body) & mud flaps of my car.
It'd been days when I noticed the thing layer stuck.
When i tried to scrub it off using a hard brush and water, the same didn't come off.

My worry is the water retention property of Cement will aid to decay the sheet metal.

I still need to visit a high pressure washing area and see if that helps.

I have also tried to google and look for results, and it suggested of a chemical compound that can help remove the cement, but availability is a concern in India.

I would like to look at other possibilities / suggestions from team members
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/Please.gif
Attached Thumbnails
Removing Cement Spots-cementremover6.jpg  

Old 19th November 2014, 13:41   #18
BHPian

Re: How to remove Cement stuck to car Underbody

You may refer to following posts, hope this will help.

Pic of the Cement Clot

Cement Clot on the Roof of M800 - Successfully Removed without Scratches..!!

You can search this thread for more options as well.
SaurabhSaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 15:14   #19
BHPian

[quote=SaurabhSaran;3583917]You may refer to following posts, hope this will help.

Pic of the Cement Clot

Thanks for sharing the links
But like i mentioned the cement is stuck to the underbody part.
I possibly cant use the wax polish to get it off.
Old 19th November 2014, 16:37   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIAT3031 View Post
But like i mentioned the cement is stuck to the underbody part.
I possibly cant use the wax polish to get it off.
My bad. Are these too inside also where you can't access them?

Can you post some pics of the affected area.

Few Bhpians have posted that Vinegar solution is an option if the cement had not set in very hard.

High pressure was will surely help in removing small patches of cement.

BTW, does your car has under body anti-rust coating?
SaurabhSaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 16:58   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

The wheel well cores and mudflaps are plastic, so the cement will fall off in a day or two - pressure washing will take care of the rest. Cement doesn't chemically bond to metal, paint or plastics, and soaking in water would only help it come off more easily.
SS-Traveller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 18:12   #22
BHPian

BTW, does your car has under body anti-rust coating?[/quote]

Yes I do have a underbody coat from Wurth.
Thats one thing though that'll keep the underbody from rusting,
But still I'd want to be doubly sure when its gone. :(
Old 19th November 2014, 22:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIAT3031 View Post
Hi All,

I own a Fiat Linea and apparently I ran over some fresh cement on the road at night (probably dropped by some Ready Mix Concrete truck )

The issue is that a thin layer of cement has stuck to the wheel arches (under body) & mud flaps of my car.
I learnt the hard way that trying to scrub it off scratches the paint. However, is it really needed to remove it from the underbody? If so, try a mixture of vinegar and water - 1:1 and spray. Leave for a minute, lightly remove with a cloth or paper napkin. Please don't apply pressure.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 22:07   #24

How to remove a cement stain from the paint

A very weird thing has happened to my car today. While parked in the safe parking slot of my upscale appartment complex, this has what has happened to the boot door of my XUV 500 (see attached images)

The car was parked in a way that the rear was slightly exposed to the basement's parapet. When it rained heavily (as it down in bangalore), some cement/paint like substance liquidated and fell on the car.

Normal washing/shampooing has no effect. I am not touching this further until I know whats the best way to deal with this. Should I take it to 3M car care, or is this a better candidate for a body shop?
Attached Thumbnails
Removing Cement Spots-img_20150725_160653.jpg  

Removing Cement Spots-img_20150725_160644.jpg  

Old 25th July 2015, 23:42   #25
BHPian

Re: How to remove a cement stain from the paint

Sorry to see your XUV in such a state Angad. Do you also have this substance on your car's roof? This would give you an idea if dripped down or was an act of vandalism. Though it looks in the pictures like something dripped down who knows its the work of some kids. I think it's best to take it to 3M as soon as you can. They might be able to advise you on your options better as ASS would probably try to maximize money. So it's best to find out if they can remove it with detailing products first.
RocketRaccoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 10:18   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhangad View Post
The car was parked in a way that the rear was slightly exposed to the basement's parapet. When it rained heavily (as it down in bangalore), some cement/paint like substance liquidated and fell on the car.
For such an expensive car, don't even try a DIY or experiments. Just go to a professional detailer today itself and have it removed. The more you wait, the worst it'll get.
Old 26th July 2015, 10:50   #27
Team-BHP Support

Re: Removing Cement Spots

Same thing happened to my Altis. I tried all sorts of DIY and it didn't work. I also delayed it after a few weeks it was more or less permanent.

In the end the DIY and easier options ripped out the top coat of paint. Finally had to get the door completely painted.

This is the cement, chuna primer mix which completely burns through the paint.
Old 26th July 2015, 12:18   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For such an expensive car, don't even try a DIY or experiments. Just go to a professional detailer today itself and have it removed. The more you wait, the worst it'll get.
Thank for the advise GTO. I went to 3M Car Care (UB city, Bangalore branch). They are saying they can remove only if I take the Pain Sealant Plus package (Rs. 6351/- plus taxes for an XUV). The guys said they will do scraping/scrubbing as part of that package, to remove this stuff, before applying the paint sealant.

Is there no other way? Do you know any professional car detailing shop near MG road apart from 3M?
Old 31st October 2015, 21:11   #29

Re: Removing Cement Spots

An idiot constructing a top floor on his building did this to my car. It's completely covered with cement, I have asked him to pay for the wash and he has agreed. Called 3m, they are quoting close to 4.5k, which I doubt he will pay as the amount is high. I may have to she'll out partial or complete amount. Using vinegar and water for the whole car doesn't seem feasible, I have read through most of this thread; however can anyone please suggest an alternate option. Any inputs would be appreciated, else planning to leave the car at 3m JP Nagar tomorrow evening.
Attached Thumbnails
Removing Cement Spots-img_20151031_210841.jpg  

Old 7th July 2017, 16:18   #30
BHPian

Had a similar situation today. My wife's car was unused for a week, and was unattended in apartment parking. Today morning i noticed some grainy layer on the windshield once i got in the car. Got down and noticed it was some rough dried sediment, all over the roof, bonnet, front and rear glasses, which wasn't very apparent due to the white color of the car.

Apparently some drilling work was being done to fix bird nets in the top floors of the apartment and the concrete dust settled on top of my car, mixed with the occasional rain drops which fell on the car, and formed a hard sediment.

Instinctively i tried washing with wipers, and they made a rough noise while moving, so stopped.

Glass cleaners and liquid soap didn't work. Took another car to work, and once i came back, tried searching for vinegar in my house. (Google took me to this exact thread). Frustratingly, we were out of vinegar. So i searched for other household items with acid, and found Harpic had 10% hydrochloric acid, and used few drops of harpic and a damp cloth, and voila, the concrete dust disappeared

So that's one more stuff to try, for anyone with cement dust on their car, before going for expensive professional treatment. Harpic!!!

Of course, my wife wasn't impressed that i used toilet cleaner on her car, but oh well

Last edited by Raghav_K : 7th July 2017 at 16:26.
Raghav_K is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks