Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2006, 18:52   #1
BHPian

Crack in front windshield

Hello All,
There is a bad news my front windshield was making noise so i thought to repaste the same everythng happend fine but today morning i found a crack starting from right side though its small but now i I have no clue wt next shown to mechanich he says it has to get replaced,
Please guide can windshiel experts can solve the issue???
waiting
W.A
Old 14th February 2006, 19:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Windshield experts can work on it.

If not, claim insurance and get a new winshield
Old 14th February 2006, 19:12   #3
BHPian

It would be gr8 if smbdy can share his experience fi getting repair, replacing the same is the last option indeed!
Old 14th February 2006, 22:48   #4
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Well,... We got 3... cars and 3 cracked windscreens. And its my WagonR's 3rd windscreen which has gone!... just bad luck i guess .

Anyways .. if there is a very small crack windshield experts can fill it with some kind of adhesive so that the crack won't be visible and won't crack any further.

But if the crack is in the driver side view.... they won't fix it. B'coz their adhesive gives out glares.
Old 15th February 2006, 02:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
But if the crack is in the driver side view.... they won't fix it. B'coz their adhesive gives out glares.
Oh hell...I have a similar crack on my Ikon on the Driver's side and was hoping that Windshield Experts would take care of it.....
Old 15th February 2006, 02:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

My ikon's windshield is FULL of scratches. A real pain while driving at night.
The major reason for those scratches is due to newbies being confused about the wiper and headlamp stalks being on different sides. :(

Anybody think windshield experts can help??
Or am i gonna throw a stone on the windshield and claim insurance??
Old 15th February 2006, 12:14   #7
BHPian

mine is a 3 " crack line
any idea how much they gonna charge for repair??(approximate types)
Old 15th February 2006, 12:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude
Please guide can windshiel experts can solve the issue???
waiting
W.A
Depends on the size of the crack; I had one on the driver's side and left it till too late so they couldn't fix it; had one subsequently on the left which they could because I went to them immediately and it was within controllable limits.

Even if they cannot inject the die, they can put stickers on either side so the crack doesn't spread - the crack on the right side of my windscreen has not become any bigger.
Old 15th February 2006, 13:46   #9
BHPian

suman how much did they charged you for this?
Old 15th February 2006, 14:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude
suman how much did they charged you for this?
For the stickers on the driver's side - nothing; for the die they injected on the left side one, can't remember the exact amount but was in the region of 800 bucks.

Where is your Office located, they have quite a few branches, I went to the one at Safdarjang Enclave (opp Bhikaji Cama)? You can call them at 26183536.

Oops, sorry I'd missed your post in-between about a 3" crack - that's not going to be possible with the die!

Talk to them, they normally have a cashless replacement option with some insurance companies as well
Old 20th February 2006, 11:28   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Anybody think windshield experts can help??
Or am i gonna throw a stone on the windshield and claim insurance??
you might not be eligible for insurance if you damage the windshield delibrately.
Old 18th April 2006, 20:48   #12
Team-BHP Support

Damn!

A hour back I got into my Baleno only to see a two feet long L shaped crack on the front windshield. It starts in the top center and bends towards the driver. This is the first time I am having a crack on any of my cars. What can cause this? I see no sign of force.

How much does a Baleno front windshield cost? Also the 6K Llumar sunfilm is wasted.
Old 18th April 2006, 21:57   #13
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
What can cause this? I see no sign of force.
Look for.. some very small mark of a stone or some hit. It should be along the crack. Would have to see very carefully.

Or... maybe.. the car was parked in the sun (really hot)... and someone put cold water on it!

My guess - a Baleno Windscreen change could cost about 9-10k. (fully claim-able under insurance)
Old 18th April 2006, 23:27   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
Look for.. some very small mark of a stone or some hit. It should be along the crack. Would have to see very carefully.
Will look tomorrow in daylight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
Or... maybe.. the car was parked in the sun (really hot)... and someone put cold water on it!
This one is definitely possible. Black car in coastal hot weather. Yesterday afternoon our driver was asked to clean the car by my father-in-law. The car was locked and it must have been really hot from inside. That may have done it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
My guess - a Baleno Windscreen change could cost about 9-10k. (fully claim-able under insurance)
I won't be claiming it since it can come back and take a bigger bite out of my NCB.
Old 19th April 2006, 11:08   #15
BHPian

You can also try the Wind sheild experts at the Kailash Colony-LSR Road, Its just ahead of TSF and Next to Max India.

Only the Windshield is 100% claimable, you will have to pay entirely for the fittment and Rubber Beadings and Solution they coat before installation and this alone my friend will not come that cheap, could be 1000- 2000 Rupees depending.

My friend had a crack in His old zen, and he had paid around 1200 or so for the solution,rubber etc...! ( That was 4 years Back-I' m not sure about the current rates)

@ Samurai- Well the Glass is 100 % claimable and will not amount to such a loss on your NCB, Like I was told for my lancer accident ..Only 10% of the slab is lost...considering the cost of the windsheild at approx 3000-15000 ( Depending on which wheels you drive), You may want to check things first.

regards

Last edited by wolfinstein : 19th April 2006 at 11:11.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks